PDA

View Full Version : Updates/Patches

GrepuS
18-05-2015, 15:26
When will be released a patch or update from this game??

Daffers
18-05-2015, 15:41
Ofcourse there will, altough i am really wondering what their priority is. So far career mode is unplayable for me. (PC).

1. Wet race issue, ai issue is just as fast in rain as on a dry track.
2. Ai is unaffected by cold tyres.
3. Ai is extremely slow in some corners, fi donington the third corner, but this issue occurs on a number of tracks.
4. Ai drivers are random, so no contest in championships. Different winners every time. No rivals.
5. Pit stops i loose a wheelnut 50% of the time, resulting in very long pit stops.
6. Ai seems to be uneffected by mechinal damage (it never happens)
7. Ai can drive on grass like it is tarmac.
8. Ai when driving next to you steers left or right in a really overreacted manner.
9. Ai tends to divebomb from time to time. When you brake early they will ram you.

Hope some of these issues have priority. So far i have to wait to play this game i bought. But i am confident that this issues will be sorted out.
This game has so much potential, although i am a little dissapointed by these gamebreakers.

On another note, is there a post somewhere by devs where we can see what they are working on?

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 15:46
Ofcourse there will, altough i am really wondering what their priority is. So far career mode is unplayable for me. (PC).

3. Ai is extremely slow in some corners, fi donington the third corner, but this issue occurs on a number of tracks.
4. Ai drivers are random, so no contest in championships. Different winners every time. No rivals.
5. Pit stops i loose a wheelnut 50% of the time, resulting in very long pit stops.
8. Ai when driving next to you steers left or right in a really overreacted manner.
9. Ai tends to divebomb from time to time. When you brake early they will ram you.

Hope some of these issues have priority. So far i have to wait to play this game i bought. But i am confident that this issues will be sorted out.
This game has so much potential, although i am a little dissapointed by these gamebreakers.

On another note, is there a post somewhere by devs where we can see what they are working on?

I know there appears to be no penalty but I've noticed if I slow down enough before the game takes over, I never have a pit problem. Maybe its to stop us entering at full speed

GrepuS
18-05-2015, 15:53
I just want that online reputation system works...

PeteUplink
18-05-2015, 15:57
I have been wondering about updates this week. It's pretty obvious the game is only about 85% complete, so it would be nice to know when we're going to get the rest of it. At least the developers at Frontier who are making the Elite Dangerous space simulation issues a weekly update to let the community know what's going on.

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 16:33
I have been wondering about updates this week. It's pretty obvious the game is only about 85% complete, so it would be nice to know when we're going to get the rest of it. At least the developers at Frontier who are making the Elite Dangerous space simulation issues a weekly update to let the community know what's going on.

SMS have communicated they are looking into the AI issues, as well as some of the controller problems (mostly the Xbox One controller issues). They have already done a few updates to fix various issues so more will be coming as they are able replicate and address them.

townnet
18-05-2015, 16:51

On another note, is there a post somewhere by devs where we can see what they are working on?No, i have make some test to prove AI lap time in wet condition are slower than dry condition. How i make a test compare lap time btw wet and dry condition, choose a very short track let AI run 5 laps (short track+5 laps no need wait too long to see the result), when the race start i retire to pit stop and monitor until the end of race. Capture the dry and wet lap time result to compare.

marcdxn
18-05-2015, 17:06
SMS have communicated they are looking into the AI issues, as well as some of the controller problems (mostly the Xbox One controller issues). They have already done a few updates to fix various issues so more will be coming as they are able replicate and address them.

When you say communicated you say this like we all had a nice email letting us know, fact is unless we log-on to the forum and we just happen to be looking at it at the right time to catch a reply from a moderator about what is happening then its quickly lost in the depths of the forums.

Someone above mentioned Elite Dangerous, i used to play that and i still receive an email each month to let me know whats changing or being fixed, i do like that i like that i might see something that tempts me back into it when things feel more fresh.

Communication needs to be number 1

Roger Prynne
18-05-2015, 17:12
Another when will a patch be released thread!
Please do some searching before making a new thread guys.

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 17:22
Someone above mentioned Elite Dangerous, i used to play that and i still receive an email each month to let me know whats changing or being fixed, i do like that i like that i might see something that tempts me back into it when things feel more fresh.

This is not Elite Dangerous and to be frank, there are a lot more users of Project CARS than Elite. Project CARS is released on several platforms and being able to reach all of them is the intent of this forum.

marcdxn
18-05-2015, 17:35
This is not Elite Dangerous and to be frank, there are a lot more users of Project CARS than Elite. Project CARS is released on several platforms and being able to reach all of them is the intent of this forum.

Eh? Ok Elite Dangerous was an example of keeping users informed and communicating, its also by Email i never said it had to be by the forum.
The tone of your reply is quite rubbish, aren't people allowed to put ideas on here on how to make things better.

And by the way i don't really want to get into an argument with you but Elite Dangerous is available on PC, Apple, XboxOne with a release on PS4 later in the year so your comment about how many people play a game is complete nonsense.
No matter how many users a game or software has the communication has to be there.

Daffers
18-05-2015, 17:56
No, i have make some test to prove AI lap time in wet condition are slower than dry condition. How i make a test compare lap time btw wet and dry condition, choose a very short track let AI run 5 laps (short track+5 laps no need wait too long to see the result), when the race start i retire to pit stop and monitor until the end of race. Capture the dry and wet lap time result to compare.

Poring rain at silverston race 3 of the ginetta cup.. ai keeps posting 1.09 and 1.10 laptimes (100%)
My pole time is 1.09.4 (dry) they are not affected by the rain, i can barely keep my car on the road and they just keep on driving with the same pace.

I don't really understand your English i am afraid, but maybe you meant the ai is slower in the rain, well they are not!

Daffers
18-05-2015, 18:00

I agree, but there should be a sticky about what they are working on now, this will keep everybody happy!
It's a pretty easy solution, a sticky forum topic with the know issues, and the issues they are trying to resolve at the moment and what has priority.
I am sure they are working hard, but 85% of the users don't look for this and assume nothing is happening.
I think it's a solution for both users and devs, everybody is happy!

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 18:01
The tone of your reply is quite rubbish, aren't people allowed to put ideas on here on how to make things better.

You don't have to like it. In fact, you can add me to your ignore list but I think you'll eventually miss out on some helpful posts. I never said your idea was dumb, stupid or idiotic. I said SMS's chosen communication mechanism is via message forum. Similarly with that, you don't have to like their chosen direction nor agree with it. But at the end of the day, it's what was chosen. Forums allow for a more interactive engagement rather than a one-way communication. We (all of the members of this forum, not just the moderators) need to do a better job of highlighting the important topics.

Smidgey87
18-05-2015, 18:23
I just had a race in the Ginetta GT5 at Donnington where I set my fastest laptime in the dry, whilst the AI did theirs in the wet. I started from 20th more than 2 seconds behind the pole time. The whole session other than the first few minutes were in a torrential downpour.

townnet
18-05-2015, 19:45
I know there appears to be no penalty but I've noticed if I slow down enough before the game takes over, I never have a pit problem. Maybe its to stop us entering at full speed

Poring rain at silverston race 3 of the ginetta cup.. ai keeps posting 1.09 and 1.10 laptimes (100%)
My pole time is 1.09.4 (dry) they are not affected by the rain, i can barely keep my car on the road and they just keep on driving with the same pace.

I don't really understand your English i am afraid, but maybe you meant the ai is slower in the rain, well they are not! I think what you say about ai keep posting 1.09 and 1.10 laptimes is their BEST laps during dry track...you have to separate two race, one for the dry and one for the wet track to testing, sorry for my bad english.

DRY TRACK race result.

WET TRACK race result

wraithsrike
18-05-2015, 20:08
The AI are not effected by the wet at all I've found, in fact when it starts raining now I just think oh well I'm last.

Francorchamps
18-05-2015, 20:15

True but a sticky with news about patch updates would be nice. For example me as a PS4 user don't know a lot about a patch update because it looks like only the X1 has issues. Does this mean I will have to wait a long time to see a patch or will there be a patch for PS4 users around the same time the X1 patch goes out.

DozUK
19-05-2015, 09:00
The AI are not effected by the wet at all I've found, in fact when it starts raining now I just think oh well I'm last.

This does need to be fixed, I'm finding I have to adjust the AI setting per condition to make a realistic simulation