PDA

View Full Version : BLACK FLAGGED

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 15:41
I'm wondering why after having a spin, coming to a stand still and then being T-boned by A.I. I'm being disqualified. Im pretty sure in that situation in real life the guilty party would be the driver that didn't even attempt to avoid me as neither did the A.I. Is it really so difficult to programme a game to know that if I've spun 360° and stopped that it's then not my fault if some blithering A.I. desides to go all 'Death Race' on me and drive into me at full throttle. I've not yet encounted a yellow flag for all the A.I. car parts littering the track but this is the 3rd time I've been black flagged for being smashed into by the lunatic A.I. A momentous occasion it will be when A.I. are finally programmed to behave in a totally realistic fashion. I mean just them not rear ending you into corners when your on cold tyres would be a joyous event in it's self.

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 15:43
I have exactly this.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 15:50
Depending on the sanctioning body.. A black flag can mean different things. It doesn't always mean you have done something wrong. in some cases, a black flag can simply mean that you need to get your car to the pits because of critical damage to your car that could lead to catastrophe to other drivers. They do this in case the radio is not working.

While we are talking about flags.. I am so thankful to see BLUE FLAGS. Up until now, I have not seen a racing game on console that uses them. If you see the blue flag, get out of the way.. There is a faster driver behind you! I wish Forza had a blue flag system.. Or a flag system at all, really.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 15:54
I have also encountered this, Also getting penalized with track speed penalties for AI punting me off track spinning me, then getting back on track and getting penalized for 5 seconds for cutting the track.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 16:01
Depending on the sanctioning body.. A black flag can mean different things. It doesn't always mean you have done something wrong. in some cases, a black flag can simply mean that you need to get your car to the pits because of critical damage to your car that could lead to catastrophe to other drivers. They do this in case the radio is not working.

While we are talking about flags.. I am so thankful to see BLUE FLAGS. Up until now, I have not seen a racing game on console that uses them. If you see the blue flag, get out of the way.. There is a faster driver behind you! I wish Forza had a blue flag system.. Or a flag system at all, really.

WRONG. That is a black flag with an orange circle in the middle.

#getyourflagsrightm9

Beamin
18-05-2015, 16:38

#getyourflagsrightm9

The meatball can fall under what I said, but so can a solid black. As I said before; Black flags differ, depending on sanctioning body.

IgorTheHunchback
18-05-2015, 16:40

#getyourflagsrightm9

Black flag[edit]

The black flag orders a particular driver into the pit area.
The solid black flag is used to summon a driver to the pits. It is usually associated with a penalty imposed on the driver for disobeying the rules, but may also be used when a car is suffering a mechanical failure, leaking fluid, exhibiting damage such as loose bodywork, loose hood, dragging bumper, or any other damage that could potentially become a hazard to the driver or other competitors. In some cases, the black flag may be used to call a driver to the pits when their radio is not working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags#Black_flag

Don Ente
18-05-2015, 16:46

#getyourflagsrightm9

From NASCAR.com: "Black flag: Think of the black flag as the "consultation flag." Whichever driver is given the black flag must respond to a concern from NASCAR. Common examples include speeding on pit road, dropping debris on the track or failing to maintain the minimum speed on the track. Drivers have five laps to respond to the black flag."

From INDYCar.com: "6. CONSULTATION (BLACK): Signals that the driver should proceed immediately to the pit area for consultation with officials."

NASA racing: "7.5 Black Flag - Open -Track Officials want to talk to you. Complete current lap and pull into the pits for consultation.
7.6 Black Flag - Furled - Warning. You are driving in an unsafe manner or you did something wrong. If you continue to do so, an open black flag will be shown to you.
7.7 Black Flag All - All manned flag stations will display standing black flags during this condition. Some flag stations might display a sign with the word “ALL.” All cars proceed to hot pits. No passing."

SCCA & PCA Racing similar to NASA

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 16:46
Black flag[edit]

The black flag orders a particular driver into the pit area.
The solid black flag is used to summon a driver to the pits. It is usually associated with a penalty imposed on the driver for disobeying the rules, but may also be used when a car is suffering a mechanical failure, leaking fluid, exhibiting damage such as loose bodywork, loose hood, dragging bumper, or any other damage that could potentially become a hazard to the driver or other competitors. In some cases, the black flag may be used to call a driver to the pits when their radio is not working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags#Black_flag

ok bro maybe in Ameririca or where ever you are from but in Britianland we use black and orange flag

Daveesaunders
18-05-2015, 17:09
Was there no yellow flag out whilst you were spinning? AI should be penalised for not slowing surely?

Bryer
18-05-2015, 17:10
ok bro maybe in Ameririca or where ever you are from but in Britianland we use black and orange flag

Actually the rules posted were the fia ones. They are the world governing body. Again it specs on the race sanctions, but only the Msa use black and orange in UK. Fia events will use black flag Only.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 17:12
Actually the rules posted were the fia ones. They are the world governing body. Again it specs on the race sanctions, but only the Msa use black and orange in UK. Fia events will use black flag Only.

I would like to formally apologise

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 18:13
My point is that im being disqualified for simply spinning out, its the driver slamming into me that should be punished. Oh and there was actually a yellow flag implemented in a race earlier. During a practice session in a race weekend at Sonoma a RUF GT3 sat smoking track side, but it was about 4 laps before the flag came out. It was the 1st ive encounted but at least it happens. Dont seem to happen for debris though.

TRC G00SE
18-05-2015, 18:24
I have got a cut track warning for simply exiting the pits.

OpticalHercules
18-05-2015, 18:33

I get that almost every pit exit at Snetterton and Brands Hatch, but not on the others. I'm not sure if that impacts the race or not since most laps following a pit exit aren't recorded time-wise anyway.

I do wish the AI drivers would respond to blue flags and get out of the way rather than trying to hold you off from lapping them.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 18:40

I noted that it happens when you cross the solid white line that signals the pit exit before it ends, which is actually quite realistic.....

OpticalHercules
18-05-2015, 18:45
I noted that it happens when you cross the solid white line that signals the pit exit before it ends, which is actually quite realistic.....

Even if I stay fully in the lane and don't touch the white/red lines on exit I still get hit with a lap-invalidated at the least every time, sometimes I get a little spiel from the race engineer.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 18:54
Even if I stay fully in the lane and don't touch the white/red lines on exit I still get hit with a lap-invalidated at the least every time, sometimes I get a little spiel from the race engineer.

Strange, but sometimes the lap has to be invalidated as it could be a faster lap compared to the full lap...

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 18:58

I have seen this flag 4-5 times and in none of this cases, there was a faster driver behind me. He has either been far away from me (couldn't even see him in the rear mirror) and also didn't come closer or there was somebody behind me, but with enough distance (a few car lengths) and not faster than me.

I think it's a very nice idea to introduce blue flags in this game though.