PDA

View Full Version : [Patch Notes] Please Add To Forum & Sticky

marcdxn
18-05-2015, 15:49
Please can we have a sticky with the current patch version number and then in the thread what the patch notes are.

I have been in and out of the sections and i haven't seen this, i don't always load up Steam or project cars to see if there is a patch and from time to time i check the forum and i can't see an obvious place to see the current build number and the notes.

It seems most of my other games have this in the forum.

EG

18.05.2015 Patch V1.1.1.1

Notes
-Tweaked AI
-Added Nachos
-Resolved Crash

Please can we have this so i can login to the forum, check for current patch, the top of the General section is where most would see it but maybe technical if you really wanted i'd just like to see this added to the forum please.

It also allows anyone who has been away to come back and see what changes have been made & if any issues have also been addressed.

Thanks,

marcdxn
18-05-2015, 17:04
Ok... so people don't want to see patch notes stickied :nonchalance:

this forum amazes me everyday

Jesse Fahrenkrog
18-05-2015, 20:44
As a member of WMD I had access to every set of build notes once they were available.

Impatience is what amazes me.

Yorkie065
18-05-2015, 21:29
I'm guessing you've not looked at the yellow banner at the top of every page labelled 'Xbox One Issues'. In there at the bottom of the post is a number of fixes that are coming in the patch that is awaiting verification for the consoles (if it hasn't been done already). I imagine that either this, or your suggestion with a stickied thread at the top of the relevant forum section will be used so we can see what the latest patch notes/fixes/updates are when they go live.

spinkick
18-05-2015, 21:43
I'm guessing you've not looked at the yellow banner at the top of every page labelled 'Xbox One Issues'. In there at the bottom of the post is a number of fixes that are coming in the patch that is awaiting verification for the consoles (if it hasn't been done already). I imagine that either this, or your suggestion with a stickied thread at the top of the relevant forum section will be used so we can see what the latest patch notes/fixes/updates are when they go live.

Why is this a debate? If this forum is the "chosen way to update the community" the patch notes should be front and center on every forum. If you have a pc why would you click on "xbox one issues"?

ahhyeaa
18-05-2015, 21:59
It does make me wonder. They have time to announce PC 2, but apparently there is no time for a report bugs thread or a Work in Progress thread. I honestly don't think it is unreasonable what the OP is asking for considering all the issues this game has.

I'm only left to believe they know what's wrong and don't want to make any commitments. The fixes will come in the form of PC 2, not a patch.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 22:02
That Yellow banner at the top say's XBOX ONE Issue's so why when I have a PS4 would I click that link ?

The Yellow banner reads XBOX ONE Issue's as far as I'm concerned that's just issues with the game for that console not a Patch list.

Neil Bateman
18-05-2015, 22:03
It does make me wonder. They have time to announce PC 2, but apparently there is no time for a report bugs thread or a Work in Progress thread. I honestly don't think it is unreasonable what the OP is asking for considering all the issues this game has.

I'm only left to believe they know what's wrong and don't want to make any commitments. The fixes will come in the form of PC 2, not a patch.

FYI PCars2 was not announced it was leaked, PCars2 was a discussion started on the WMD forum.

JDFSSS
18-05-2015, 22:26
Agree with OP. This is a no-brainer, and I thought it was standard practice for most games.

marcdxn
19-05-2015, 08:58
I like project cars but one of the things i find most off putting is the segregation between standard customers and the WMD members.
I have seen a number of times now that someone posts on here including myself to ask about a particular thing and then its followed up by WMD members saying everything is fine its your fault or that you are wrong.

How how can this honestly be a place to communicate anything when time and time again questions get shot down with quite abrupt posts by the WMD members, fair enough we wasn't all there from the start and maybe you guys have some loyalty thing going on but i'm finding it quite hard to voice anything here without quick comments back ignoring most of the posts questions by WMD members accounts.

I can promise you now that once things are up and running and issues resolved (which i agree does take time) i won't be returning to these forums.
it feels like the forum has a huge community split between those coming here for help, advice, or just asking for something to be up for consideration for a change and those who have been part of the project from day one.

I guess i can't say this is every WMD member but it sure is a hell of a lot of you guys.

Take a step back and take on board other paying customers comments because honestly it seems all new customers without 100% nice things to say in posts are being treated like dirt.

I'm sure you do require lots of patience to deal with many posts from new game owners who are just ranting but to come here with quite normal questions and be treated like you are one of the people saying they want a refund or this isn't working that isn't working isn't nice at all, i just wanted to ask if you would consider adding the build number, current patch & the notes to the forum so we can keep track.

Wacky-Racer
19-05-2015, 09:14
....Are we there yet , are we nearly there yet, god damn it, the cars got a puncture.... (humour)

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 09:16
I like project cars but one of the things i find most off putting is the segregation between standard customers and the WMD members.
I have seen a number of times now that someone posts on here including myself to ask about a particular thing and then its followed up by WMD members saying everything is fine its your fault or that you are wrong.

How how can this honestly be a place to communicate anything when time and time again questions get shot down with quite abrupt posts by the WMD members, fair enough we wasn't all there from the start and maybe you guys have some loyalty thing going on but i'm finding it quite hard to voice anything here without quick comments back ignoring most of the posts questions by WMD members accounts.

I can promise you now that once things are up and running and issues resolved (which i agree does take time) i won't be returning to these forums.
it feels like the forum has a huge community split between those coming here for help, advice, or just asking for something to be up for consideration for a change and those who have been part of the project from day one.

I guess i can't say this is every WMD member but it sure is a hell of a lot of you guys.

Take a step back and take on board other paying customers comments because honestly it seems all new customers without 100% nice things to say in posts are being treated like dirt.

I'm sure you do require lots of patience to deal with many posts from new game owners who are just ranting but to come here with quite normal questions and be treated like you are one of the people saying they want a refund or this isn't working that isn't working isn't nice at all, i just wanted to ask if you would consider adding the build number, current patch & the notes to the forum so we can keep track.

Wow this is so true, and the funny thing is sales figures show only a very very small percentage of players are on the PC the biggest
by a mile are the console players, I read somewhere that only 6% of players play this game on a PC.

Psychomatrix
19-05-2015, 10:01
And normally they use pc version. So I ask myself how they should really now the issues. Since yesterday I register that a lot of threads are closed. I think they want to keep the forum clean from too much negative threads. Yesterday I read that people how wrote only true things are only tolerate here. That came from members who never touched the xbox one version. And I mean play a lot of days with different settings. Maybe then they can understand why a lot of people here in anger.

Btw sorry for my bad english

Yorkie065
19-05-2015, 11:47

I'll agree with you on this as I have seen it myself, and also I can put my hand up and say that I am guilty of it too.

Apologies if my last post in this thread came across the wrong way. I didn't intend for it to be that way but having re-read it, the first line does seem a little punchy which creates a false tone for the rest of the post when I aimed for it to just point out the yellow banner at the top. Probably doesn't help that the name of the banner doesn't apply to everyone, yet could do so at the same time.

It can be difficult as obviously those of us who have been a part of the WMD group have been using it for a few years and have gotten to the system and the way things operate. With people asking for help or a small question but also mostly slamming SMS rather than providing constructive criticism, it gets frustrating to read over and over again when you see a lot of the same stuff. Even still, that shouldn't be an excuse to unload onto other people as each thread should be read with a fresh mindset. I'm not saying that your slamming SMS either in your post, as it's well written, it's got some very good valid points which do need to be implemented, and I'm sure they will be when the patch goes live.

At the moment, there does seem to be that divide between the two. But hopefully as time goes on, that gap will close as more people get up to speed on the game, and more news with updates gets produced and are suitable for public viewing get posted here as well as the WMD forum. At the moment, most of the posts saying 'such and such is coming/ being worked on' by us WMD members, is due to that being all we know about it, or we can't talk about it publicly yet. Mostly the former.

Hopefully though, things will settle and we can get some good discussions going with improvements for Project Cars, and the community will work together more to help further develop the game everyone wants.

marcdxn
19-05-2015, 12:00
I'll agree with you on this as I have seen it myself, and also I can put my hand up and say that I am guilty of it too.

Apologies if my last post in this thread came across the wrong way. I didn't intend for it to be that way but having re-read it, the first line does seem a little punchy which creates a false tone for the rest of the post when I aimed for it to just point out the yellow banner at the top. Probably doesn't help that the name of the banner doesn't apply to everyone, yet could do so at the same time.

It can be difficult as obviously those of us who have been a part of the WMD group have been using it for a few years and have gotten to the system and the way things operate. With people asking for help or a small question but also mostly slamming SMS rather than providing constructive criticism, it gets frustrating to read over and over again when you see a lot of the same stuff. Even still, that shouldn't be an excuse to unload onto other people as each thread should be read with a fresh mindset. I'm not saying that your slamming SMS either in your post, as it's well written, it's got some very good valid points which do need to be implemented, and I'm sure they will be when the patch goes live.

At the moment, there does seem to be that divide between the two. But hopefully as time goes on, that gap will close as more people get up to speed on the game, and more news with updates gets produced and are suitable for public viewing get posted here as well as the WMD forum. At the moment, most of the posts saying 'such and such is coming/ being worked on' by us WMD members, is due to that being all we know about it, or we can't talk about it publicly yet. Mostly the former.

Hopefully though, things will settle and we can get some good discussions going with improvements for Project Cars, and the community will work together more to help further develop the game everyone wants.

Thank you, this was very constructive.

Can you forward to the members portal about a stickied topic for each of the release formats for patch information to be visible from the main technical feed.
Sometimes people say search the forum, but i think that is ok for certain things the current patch and build with the date of release should be visible from the off

I follow the official twitter feed for the game and nothing was posted on that when the first patch dropped so its not that i'm not trying i just think it needs putting on the forum, or making more visible