PDA

View Full Version : BAC Mono

Paprik
18-05-2015, 16:24
God I hate this car. Drive at any speed, turn wheel 2%, add only 10% acceleration? = Spin 360, get rekt!

I tried tuning to get rid of this ridiculous instability while accelerating, and partially succeeded, but now my wheels lock on breaking and it's still a bit unstable / twitchy.

Did anyone succeed at tuning this car?

I have:
- lowered rear antisway
- stiffened front antisway
- lowered ride height
- decreased brake pressure
- decreased read slow bump
- increased front slow rebound

Yet I would still have better lap times with the Flinstones' "car".

MisterO
18-05-2015, 16:35
Yeah, it's a beast to drive, but still one of my favorite cars in the game. Didn't try my hands at tuning it though, as usually this never ends well.

yusupov
18-05-2015, 16:37
this is a surprisingly difficult car (w/ default setup), not as much traction as youd think. maybe turn up the diff i probably knocked them down which doesnt help my main issue w/ it which is slow exit speeds due to tire slip .

i enjoy it but had a hard time putting in a good lap at laguna seca & gave up before i did, think ill try again now tho. but id also be curious if anyone has some good setups

yusupov
18-05-2015, 16:38
Yeah, it's a beast to drive, but still one of my favorite cars in the game. Didn't try my hands at tuning it though, as usually this never ends well.

when you or me do it, maybe :D someone who knows what theyre doing can make a world of difference, ive knocked 4+ seconds off my lap instantly just by giong from default setups to a tuned one before

yusupov
18-05-2015, 17:08
well i seem to have forgotten just what a b%tch this car is, twitchy is indeed the word. i do have a problem with brake lockup on the lefthander going up to the corkscrew but i also have problems with oversteer out of the hairpin at the beginning, as well as the corkscrew itself. i know the first and last are mostly just a reesult of me still sucking at laguna seca but the twitchiness seems a bit ott, i was riding a curb and went into an insta-spin... some track day car. :)

i compare it to the palatov d4 released for rf2 recently & it also has the same sensititivity to inputs but its not twitchy like this, very stable. dunno if its the setup or the car but it drives how i expected the mono to.

JeyD02
18-05-2015, 19:23
God I hate this car. Drive at any speed, turn wheel 2%, add only 10% acceleration? = Spin 360, get rekt!

I tried tuning to get rid of this ridiculous instability while accelerating, and partially succeeded, but now my wheels lock on breaking and it's still a bit unstable / twitchy.

Did anyone succeed at tuning this car?

I have:
- lowered rear antisway
- stiffened front antisway
- lowered ride height
- decreased brake pressure
- decreased read slow bump
- increased front slow rebound

Yet I would still have better lap times with the Flinstones' "car".

Okay then try this. Reset the tuning to default. (haven't tried this car yet but from your crazy experience I could guess)

First all but break balance more to front.

*suspension*
Ride height put about same height for front and rear.
Stiffen the front spring rate - Soften rear spring rate

*sway bar *
Soften front bar
Soften rear bar

*Dampers*
Lower front and rear slow bump
Stiffen front and rear fast bump

Stiffen front slow rebound
Soften rear slow rebound

Diffs*

Decrease accel lock
Increase decel lock just enough to not understeer too much
Decrease preload

Aero*(if it has any)
If in fast corner back end slips or oversteer ; increase rear downforce
If it understeer increase front downf.

yusupov
18-05-2015, 19:38
thx jey i will try that as well.

meantime with default i have found what i consider a 'cheat', but others may not, if you choose automatic tires it gives you the primes which i assume are the real bac mono tires, however theres also an option for supersofts. again, whether these are offered or used irl or not idk, it may just be for noobs like us :D

by the end of your outlap you will feel a major difference in grip if youve been driving on the primes & i shaved almost 6 seconds off my lap not even pushing. and i am still 2 seconds off what i want my pace to be. but yeah as you would expect big difference b/w supersofts & what i assume are road legal tires.

Doug914
18-05-2015, 21:46
Yes Correct. The Supersofts are just the full out track day type tire (but not a full slick). The BAC come standard with a more street type tyre. More fun IMHO. But alot like the the better grip of the Trackday tire. Your choice :)

jgaganas
19-05-2015, 12:24
My favorite car... it's a handfull, but great fun with crazy throttle-control.

fabro
19-05-2015, 16:37
this car is really crazy... in dry conditions is fun but in wet is almost impossible to beat the AIs... if anybody has any good WET settings for the car please share ;) tnx...

MisterO
19-05-2015, 19:07
Acceleration Differential: 10%
Differential Preload: 10Nm
Brakepressure 90%
Supersoft Tires
--> Improved my Nordschleife laptime from 7:35:something down to 7:20:327.
The car could need more top speed on 2 or 3 places (Flugplatz, Doettinger Hoehe), so gearing could be altered as well.

Same as above but Prime Tires @Brands Hatch: 1:34:something down to 1:33:813
I could have done the Brands time with the default setup as well, Supersoft Tires make a huge difference. With the Primes the car felt way more understeery. Brake + Diff changes made the care easier into and out of the corners.

I'm taking baby steps here as I already said I usually don't fool around with setups ;)

edit: These are no rain settings, just to be clear.

battlestage
19-05-2015, 23:30
I took it for a spin around The Ring and loved it. I found it to be really easy to control and felt glued to the road. I'm surprised to see others have had trouble with it.

R8TEDM3
20-05-2015, 03:28
One of my favorite cars in the game, but yeah it's very sensitive...especially in the rain! Would love to own a real one though :)

yusupov
20-05-2015, 04:17
One of my favorite cars in the game, but yeah it's very sensitive...especially in the rain! Would love to own a real one though :)

heh yeah i took it out in the rain accidently once, i dont think its meant to be driven in rain :D

Lobster_Johnson
20-05-2015, 12:32
This car is a hell of a ride. Especially with dualshock, it's like playing with dynamite. Yesterday I took it for the mono seat cup and spent more time on the grass than a lawn mower. I started to play with the set up but didn't go really far except with traction control set to 1% slip. And even with this I had to NEVER floor with front wheel turned and NEVER floor below 3rd gear.

Anyway, I have one potential silly question. I saw your advises about the car set up (thanks for it !) but when I go to the car set up the only thing I can access is the rear sway bar. The other items are out of reach. I saw this topic (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26427-Unable-to-change-certain-settings-on-some-cars) but as you have changed your Bac Mono set ups I suppose it does not apply to bac Mono where all set up seems to be tunable.

Any thoughts ?

IDinity
23-05-2015, 20:02
Okay then try this. Reset the tuning to default. (haven't tried this car yet but from your crazy experience I could guess)

First all but break balance more to front.

*suspension*
Ride height put about same height for front and rear.
Stiffen the front spring rate - Soften rear spring rate

*sway bar *
Soften front bar
Soften rear bar

*Dampers*
Lower front and rear slow bump
Stiffen front and rear fast bump

Stiffen front slow rebound
Soften rear slow rebound

Diffs*

Decrease accel lock
Increase decel lock just enough to not understeer too much
Decrease preload

Aero*(if it has any)
If in fast corner back end slips or oversteer ; increase rear downforce
If it understeer increase front downf.

Hmm that worked wonders for me... Thanks but what did i actually do, since im no engineer i'd love to know why i just did this and why it helped so much xD

M8dM3n
26-05-2015, 19:02
Let me start of my very first post here by saying: you are awesome!

The setup directions you wrote made a frustrating car into a wonderful car (Y)

thx!

baz00ka
28-06-2015, 15:55
this. knocked 4s off my lap instantly. dunno why doing this would be a cheat as default/automatic tyres are just plain wrong for this car. from what i understand in real life you can choose soft or supersoft for mono but kumho also makes this tyre model in medium and hard variations. no idea what 'prime' corresponds to but i would think its a medium tyre.

meantime with default i have found what i consider a 'cheat', but others may not, if you choose automatic tires it gives you the primes which i assume are the real bac mono tires, however theres also an option for supersofts. again, whether these are offered or used irl or not idk, it may just be for noobs like us :D

by the end of your outlap you will feel a major difference in grip if youve been driving on the primes & i shaved almost 6 seconds off my lap not even pushing. and i am still 2 seconds off what i want my pace to be. but yeah as you would expect big difference b/w supersofts & what i assume are road legal tires.

thrasherxxx
03-08-2015, 09:58
this car is so fast. and it's so hard to push it through the limit.

I'm a newbie in Pcars, just started the career mode, and I get a invite for a race just before the superkart championship [the superkarts are awesome]... I choose this car because it's a beauty.
Practice and qualifying were very difficult [I had like the 17th/30 place at the grid :( ], just don't push the accelerator too much and too early... THEN PCars choosed to give a me a full wet race. THE nightmare.
I think I learned a lot about driving using this car and those rainy conditions. Even without braking or accelerating the car was oversteering and doing 360.
I found the cure was the pressure of the back tyres and the balancing of the brakes... and a lots of sensitivity.

The driving experience of this game is a total masterpiece to me. You can spend hours hoping to find the best controller settings because the first impression when you drive cars like this is "Mmh... wait, the controls are too sensitive" but I think we are just facing a very hard game about driving.

So.. was I frustrated? Yep, a little. But I'm gonna master that MONO. :D

Taraman
17-04-2016, 19:26

Thx yusupov!!!
I tried every single setting on this car and got the balance quite good - but the grip was nowhere close to reasonable.
The supersoft tires converted me from a sliding roadblock to a pole-setter against ace KI!

If you like to try my setup, you find it here:
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/165334318