PDA

View Full Version : How long for a patch?

C6ckneyGeezer
18-05-2015, 17:09
Been waiting for this game for a few years. Had it on pre order as soon as I could pre order it. Put up with several delays.

I am now left with a half finished broken game which every time I think "lets give PC a go". I end up playing for about an hour, get stressed out with so many bugs I need to call in exterminators, then turn the game off.

Seriously. This game has so uch potential, it's got so much ambition and it's what ive been wanting from a sim racer for a few years. But please, please fix it.

Any idea of when some kind of patch is out? Even to fix some issues?

Because seriously, after putting up with recent releases of many, many broken games on my PS4 im about ready to throw it all in the bin and go play somthing that will work....if there is such a thing this gen.

Feeling frustrated :-(

darekspy
18-05-2015, 17:12
also I had to ask this question when this will be fixed ????

FoxMulder
18-05-2015, 17:19
Considering the quality and quantity of the problems I'm not confident about a patch in the near future, probably a month or two.

C6ckneyGeezer
18-05-2015, 17:29
Tbh, if it is in fact a month or two away then sorry to say I would of given up by then. I done the same with driveclub, still stayed optimistic but the devs took so long to attempt to fix it.

Even thought about getting PC on my gaming PC but then have read it won't work well if at all with AMd hardware. I have a 280x...so no point trying there either.

I would of rather it got delayed again tbh. I would hate to think what it would of been like if it came out on the first release date lol

Devastation
18-05-2015, 17:33
There's a patch due tomorrow for Xbox One, not sure if it applies to all platforms...

Roger Prynne
18-05-2015, 17:34
There's a patch due tomorrow for Xbox One, not sure if it applies to all platforms...

How do you know that?
Show me the link please.

darekspy
18-05-2015, 17:38
no matter how long we will wait, important to fixed

C6ckneyGeezer
18-05-2015, 17:51
Oh yeah it needs to be fixed no matter how long the wait, but im afriad if it takes ages then half the fan base would have gone and given up, the boat would have sailed so to speak. People have had enough of broken, half finished games imo.

In regards to what im saying, im not ranting. I don't want the game to fail. Any patch or update is progress, but if we have to wait months then people will just give up on the game.

For example look at BF4. If you have never played the game before and played it today, you would think what a great game! However different story if you pre ordered it. Took over a year to get the game a true complete 100% glitch free playable game. Same with driveclub. People are raving about it now...yet they wasnt there when it first came out. The people that was there and bought it, don't play it anymore and gave up before it got
Fixed.

LeoFric
18-05-2015, 17:56
Oh yeah it needs to be fixed no matter how long the wait, but im afriad if it takes ages then half the fan base would have gone and given up, the boat would have sailed so to speak. People have had enough of broken, half finished games imo.

Not real fans but game hoppers then.... It will be worth the wait.

C6ckneyGeezer
18-05-2015, 18:01
Real fans deserve finished games. Real fans deserve constant updates and fixes if needed in a sensible time frame. Real fans deserve full hardware support. Real fans deserve a time frame. Real fans deserve 40 worth of game...not 20 worth of game.

Game hoppers wouldn't notice the potential of a game. Game hoppers wouldn't care about the future of the game.

Im a fan. A real fan. But seriously, this game needs to get a fix.

darekspy
18-05-2015, 18:23
Exactly as you write C6ckneyGeezer , I'm also a big fan of racing games, and how I pay for game I wish this was a product 100% completed ! and it is not, so .....???? So I wait and I hope that it will be fixed, but how long yet SMS ?????

mondo242008
18-05-2015, 18:28

Are you going by the asumption that it was sent to MS last week and most patches are released on Tuesday?

C6ckneyGeezer
19-05-2015, 07:36
Bump.

Any info, staff/devs??

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 07:46
Bump.

Any info, staff/devs??

Nothing since you last posted. The patch is currently in the works and I'm sure there will be some form of announcement on the forums when its due. Until there you'll have to be patient.

Pete

deedub777
19-05-2015, 09:16
In any industry, changes and fixes take time. generally an exact time-frame is not known, only a general target can be set internally, so this is how it usually works:
The bugs come in,
An attempt is made to reproduce them
IF they can be reproduced
THEN a fix is created
ELSE more info is requested. If it cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed. (go to start)

Once a fix is created it needs to be tested:
1. On all platforms
2. With all controllers, etc.
3. With all other fixes currently being tested

A check is made that no 'regression' is found (ie the fix doesn't cause a new bug to be created)

Then and only then, is the patch released for general consumption. Nothing worse than getting a patch that makes things worse.
Good thing to remember though, is if SMS test EVERYTHING, we'd be waiting a whole lot longer than a couple of months (and they'd probably run out of money).
Software is a compromise, Perfection cannot be purchased. I see my 40 quid as an investment, I will be patient as the first release may be a bit rough around the edges however it is miles ahead of anything else I've experienced.

So you want quicker fixes? Give as much feedback about the problem as you can.

Just my four penneth ;)

HeeseyChelmet
19-05-2015, 12:37
In any industry, changes and fixes take time. generally an exact time-frame is not known, only a general target can be set internally, so this is how it usually works:
The bugs come in,
An attempt is made to reproduce them
IF they can be reproduced
THEN a fix is created
ELSE more info is requested. If it cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed. (go to start)

Once a fix is created it needs to be tested:
1. On all platforms
2. With all controllers, etc.
3. With all other fixes currently being tested

A check is made that no 'regression' is found (ie the fix doesn't cause a new bug to be created)

Then and only then, is the patch released for general consumption. Nothing worse than getting a patch that makes things worse.
Good thing to remember though, is if SMS test EVERYTHING, we'd be waiting a whole lot longer than a couple of months (and they'd probably run out of money).
Software is a compromise, Perfection cannot be purchased. I see my 40 quid as an investment, I will be patient as the first release may be a bit rough around the edges however it is miles ahead of anything else I've experienced.

So you want quicker fixes? Give as much feedback about the problem as you can.

Just my four penneth ;)

Regression? Steps to re-create? Do you work in UAT? sounds like me lol

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 12:38

Sounds to me like someone who works in an IT background. I do as well and it all makes sense.

Pete

deedub777
19-05-2015, 12:50

Sounds to me like someone who works in an IT background. I do as well and it all makes sense.

Pete
Not IT no, but a Software company ;).

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 12:50
Not IT no, but a Software company ;).

Sorry that what I meant.

Pete

C6ckneyGeezer
19-05-2015, 13:21
Nothing since you last posted. The patch is currently in the works and I'm sure there will be some form of announcement on the forums when its due. Until there you'll have to be patient.

Pete

Ok matey. Fingers and toes crossed for an update soon! Thanks for the reply!

biomarvel
19-05-2015, 14:32
i read on another post elsewhere on the forum that the patch was incomming for PC, and that the console versions were with their respective companies for approval.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 14:34
i read on another post elsewhere on the forum that the patch was incomming for PC, and that the console versions were with their respective companies for approval.

What does that mean and what post? That's really a non statement:)

biomarvel
19-05-2015, 14:37
haha its really not a non-statement,

cant remember what post, an admin stated that the patch was out there, it was going to be soon on PC and that Microsoft and Sony are both doing their approvals on the console patches.

HeeseyChelmet
19-05-2015, 14:42
haha its really not a non-statement,

cant remember what post, an admin stated that the patch was out there, it was going to be soon on PC and that Microsoft and Sony are both doing their approvals on the console patches.

Sauce?

HeeseyChelmet
19-05-2015, 14:44
Ok matey. Fingers and toes crossed for an update soon! Thanks for the reply!

Ditto. Daily life of a software tester eh! totally appreciate the work needed for a patch, just need to get others understanding to be the same...

carlos82
19-05-2015, 14:48
Yeah I hope the certification proccess (assuming there really is a patch for PS4) takes as little as possible, since the first day I booted the game haven't touched it. At all. Because the damn ghost effect makes me nauseous (as in, physically sick, not a metaphorical sense). And Im just on the fence about keeping the game or reselling it and recoup some of my losses. I honestly see potential but if its own developers won't think it's worth the effort, why would I?

biomarvel
19-05-2015, 14:54
Yeah I hope the certification proccess (assuming there really is a patch for PS4) takes as little as possible, since the first day I booted the game haven't touched it. At all. Because the damn ghost effect makes me nauseous (as in, physically sick, not a metaphorical sense). And Im just on the fence about keeping the game or reselling it and recoup some of my losses. I honestly see potential but if its own developers won't think it's worth the effort, why would I?

can you not play with the settings to take that away?

carlos82
19-05-2015, 15:00
can you not play with the settings to take that away?

Tried several settings and the effect remains, slightly lessened but clear. And I sure as hell don't intend to buy another TV to test.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 15:04
Thread closed, patch will be available when it's done and ready, no use to create a thread and ask for more information.