PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry information

NocDevon
18-05-2015, 17:27
All,

Trying to get used to this game that is supposedly "made by racing fans"
Anyway, I would like to view the cars telemetry aka. Forza, and cannot find how to do this.
I did a quick search through these forums for "telemetry" and couldnt find anything.

If there is no telemetry, how the hell am I supposed to tune the cars?
The video guide that is listed in here for tuning is a bad example and I hope something better than that comes out soon. I am familiar with what the changes are and what they do, what I would like to see in a video is how to tune in this game?
When I would tune I would run like 10 laps, view telemetry, make changes, run more laps view telemetry and so and so forth.

Anyways... any ideas

Rob

cudirage13
18-05-2015, 17:41
Go to the button setup and set a button for "cycle HUD" i believe it's called. I set mine to R3 on the PS4 controller.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 17:49
On the Xbox you press left of the D-pad twice(maybe 3) and Telemetry comes up.

NocDevon
18-05-2015, 18:03
well they made this challenging, thats for sure. I have to watch my telemetry while I am driving and not during a replay... now where is my goPro when i need it. This is ok, it is just going to take me longer to tune the car.

Outlier
18-05-2015, 18:13
if you are on xbox - start a practice / tuning session and after a few warm up laps pull up the telemetry and run a good lap. after a few good corners and break zones say "xbox record that". Then review the recordings later. (if you don't have Kinect, after your lap snap upload recorder and save the last 3 min or 5 min.

NocDevon
18-05-2015, 18:21
Thanks Outlier, Im running a PS4 and will have it on PC in a couple of days... On the telemetry display, is tyre temp displayed in F or C?? Does anyone know, if its C my temps are double what they should be, if its F then they are not warm enough, so I would have thought that they would have notated this, but maybe those race fans just were not that interested in this game..lol

cudirage13
18-05-2015, 22:57
Thanks Outlier, Im running a PS4 and will have it on PC in a couple of days... On the telemetry display, is tyre temp displayed in F or C?? Does anyone know, if its C my temps are double what they should be, if its F then they are not warm enough, so I would have thought that they would have notated this, but maybe those race fans just were not that interested in this game..lol

The units depend on what you have chosen in the options menu at the start of the game.

ford_racer
19-05-2015, 01:10

Not entirely relevant to the discussion, but you can record on PS4, if you didn't already know.

DozUK
19-05-2015, 09:10
Not entirely relevant to the discussion, but you can record on PS4, if you didn't already know.

Quite right you can, but to be fair we should be able to review this information in the pits after running a few laps. It's pretty poor that we can't.

NocDevon
20-05-2015, 00:17
built by race fans LMAO

Equation
20-05-2015, 10:48
Is there possible see engine temperatures?

ak1504
20-05-2015, 13:56
Oil and Water temps, pressure are available as Channels.

Btw:

Does someone know why i cant find any channels regarding suspension like ride hide, damper,-postion,-velocity and what else is needed to get all data to set up the car properly ?

Is there a limitation in PCars or are some values not available atm and will be added later at some point ?

Equation
21-05-2015, 08:17
Oil and Water temps, pressure are available as Channels.

Btw:

Does someone know why i cant find any channels regarding suspension like ride hide, damper,-postion,-velocity and what else is needed to get all data to set up the car properly ?

Is there a limitation in PCars or are some values not available atm and will be added later at some point ?

Can you tell me more? How I can see to se in my telemetry HUD?

ak1504
21-05-2015, 08:42
TELEMETRY/ANALYSIS

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Equation
21-05-2015, 08:51
TELEMETRY/ANALYSIS

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Okey. I PS4 player, so I can get those.

DozUK
21-05-2015, 09:14
I think it's fairly important with a game that encourages people to tune cars, to allow them to review the telemetry of laps driven post lap. This needs to be addressed as a whole rather than pointing to external apps that only cater for a third of the platforms the game has been released on.

Driving live laps with telemetry view on isn't the answer, you can't concentrate. Recording this view and reviewing afterwards also isn't the answer as a) there are too much on screen with too many 'moving parts' for you to concentrate on driving your lap and b) you have to leave the game (suspend) to do this, basically its a cop out.

The obvious and most logical choice is to cycle to a telemetry view on a fixed camera view when reviewing a replay from the pits or the driver network. I'm very surprised that during three years of development that no one has highlighted this a staple for the released game but time was spent making sure you got a trophy/achievement for racing a ghost alongside other non sim features

cerbrus2
21-05-2015, 12:30
Is the ps4 not the same as PC then. On PC you can do some laps, review your replay and show the telemetry overlayed on the replay.

DozUK
21-05-2015, 12:37
Is the ps4 not the same as PC then. On PC you can do some laps, review your replay and show the telemetry overlayed on the replay.

that makes it even more annoying as it actually shows that it was thought about and implemented (For the PC only) at the appropriate place :grumpy:

No, the only the place on consoles that you can see telemetry is on the lap your currently driving, while you are driving (providing you select the telemetry overlay on the HUD). Obviously, it's extremely difficult to take notice of and absorb any of this information while attempting to beat your fastest lap.

When viewing the replay, you can only cycle through camera views (Not HUD). You also can't stop the replay and take a photo.

cerbrus2
21-05-2015, 12:53
Hopefully they will correct this and make it the same as the PC version. Soon. Strange they haven't done it.

hkraft300
21-05-2015, 14:07
OR (for PS4)...
Double tap "share" button on the DS4.
Bring up your telemetry and run a hot lap.
Hit share button again and watch replay :)

DozUK
22-05-2015, 07:49
OR (for PS4)...
Double tap "share" button on the DS4.
Bring up your telemetry and run a hot lap.
Hit share button again and watch replay :)

I accept that as a workaround, but I don't want to run a hot lap with the telemetry icons on the screen. There will be too much going on to concentrate on the lap, but thank you for raising an interim option.

Ideally it should be implemented as it was on the PC version by bringing telemetry details up while watching a reply within the game.

g33k hack3rs
24-05-2015, 06:06
I agree that having the option to view telemetry data in replay and/or from the garage for tuning is a must. The fact that this is missing from both the PS4 and Xbox1 is a big oversight. Just way too much information on screen to concentrate and a good lap and telemetry at the same time.

jimmyb_84
24-05-2015, 08:40
the ability to compare 2 different laps would be useful, ran some low and high fuel load runs of basic setup last night, even though the lighter car felt more nimble it also felt more unpredictable. I'd really like to take s closer look at the data.

I was testing Audi R8 LMS ultra, McLaren GT3 and Aston GT3.