PDA

View Full Version : Tyre shredding standard set ups

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 18:01
Why are certain cars destroying tyres within 2 laps? Im talking about your tire temp hud changing to red (surely this means tyres are no longer in optimum condition - red for danger n'all that). This has happened to me with a few cars, the RUF CTR3 SMS GT1 stylee thing, the Merc SLS GT3 and the Group 4 BMW M1 and all on stock set up's. I've not yet had a blowout so is it another bug or is it something I am doing? I raised the tyre pressure on the M1 and it seemed to cure it but the same had no effect on the other two. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 18:30
A red tire just means the tire is getting overheated, that usually happens when you're outdriving the car, or have the wrong tire for the conditions (like using a rain tire for dry conditions).

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 18:47
Before I say anything check this posting first.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26162-did-I-wear-the-tires-out

Ok, now that's done, if you can provide some track conditions ie weather at the time, and the type if tyre used, was wear turned on, maybe someone can provide some insight. Just saying my tyres are destroyed does not provide enough info.

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 18:57
No assisted steer/brake, real assists. Full damage fuel and tyre wear, Clear weather, appropriate for conditions tyres (so game says) Ruf @ Hockenheim, M1 @ Nurburgring, SLS @ Sonoma. Think a Harder compound might be in order Sp4m D4gger?

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 19:00
A red tire just means the tire is getting overheated, that usually happens when you're outdriving the car, or have the wrong tire for the conditions (like using a rain tire for dry conditions).

I notice that you are on the PS4, this is the Xbox forum, and we can run with red rain tyres in the dry, (bug being worked on) although I dont know if real tyre settings affects it.

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 19:05
No assisted steer/brake, real assists. Full damage fuel and tyre wear, Clear weather, appropriate for conditions tyres (so game says) Ruf @ Hockenheim, M1 @ Nurburgring, SLS @ Sonoma. Think a Harder compound might be in order Sp4m D4gger?
Its a start, but even super-soft should not shed after 2 laps and a warm up of at least one lap.

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 19:55
I know mate, just had it happen again at Willow springs in Mustang GT4. Both Nearside (left in uk) tyres this time. Red must mean shagged as the 1st thing that happened when I simulated rest of session was the A.I. took it straight to pit for the invisibe pit crew to swap em out. I wonder if Im pushing to hard? Even if Iam surely 2/3 laps is
unrealistic to devastate the tyres.

Darth Bambi 83
18-05-2015, 19:59
If your tyres are worn out the put crew will tell you over the radio, As mad Max said if they turn red they're just over heated and as a result they'll lose grip until they cool and go green again.

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 20:08
They're not going green again mate, just swapped to medium compound and same again. Lap 2 nsf , lap 4 nsr. Handling dont seem to be affected so its gotta be a bug where only certain car/track combos are affected. I dunno.........

Darth Bambi 83
18-05-2015, 20:13
Are you easing off the pace to give them chance to cool?

Outlier
18-05-2015, 20:21
I read that track temps impact the tire temps as well. I noticed by GT3 cars tire heating to red on Willow Spring last night. It was worse here than some other tracks I ran. I'm assuming this was due to higher track temps but haven't done much testing on this. (have spent most of my time trying to get used to the physics and adjust controller settings to make the game playable).

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 20:25
Probably not Darth, It perhaps is as simple as that as my ability has drastically improved over the last couple of days since getting more used to this type of racing as apposed to Forza's more forgiving handling physics.

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 20:32
See Ive been going with the default weather appropriate tyre choice. But just now Ive had the exact same results with a harder compound. Maybe a harder compound coupled with increased tyre pressure may be a solution, thats providing Im right in thinking that a lower pressure tyre will heat up quicker.

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 20:56
They're not going green again mate, just swapped to medium compound and same again. Lap 2 nsf , lap 4 nsr. Handling dont seem to be affected so its gotta be a bug where only certain car/track combos are affected. I dunno.........
Gotta agree with you there.

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 22:01
Just tried the RUF CTR3 at Hockenheim GP, full real settings, no traction, no tuning, tyres chosen by weather (light cloud) at no time did the tyres overheat in 15 laps, and I drove it towards the end like Jeremy Clarkson. Just to try to shred the tyres, no joy.
The FL tyre ran a little hotter than the rest, but that can be accounted for.
Btw this car only has two choices, and the track tyres performed worst, auto select were fine.

Initia1 B
19-05-2015, 08:08
Just tried the RUF CTR3 at Hockenheim GP, full real settings, no traction, no tuning, tyres chosen by weather (light cloud) at no time did the tyres overheat in 15 laps, and I drove it towards the end like Jeremy Clarkson. Just to try to shred the tyres, no joy.
The FL tyre ran a little hotter than the rest, but that can be accounted for.
Btw this car only has two choices, and the track tyres performed worst, auto select were fine.

Wow cant believe that as within 1 lap at Hockenheim the Ruf CTR3 SMS fronts were overheated for me. Corrupt data perhaps or just a glitch? Ill try again later to see if theres any change.

Darth Bambi 83
19-05-2015, 10:04
I think you might be right after all, I ran a Formula A car at Dubai and after 4 laps the pit crew came over the radio telling me my tyres are worn out?!

Wonder if the auto tyre select thingy put soft tyres on? but they should last longer than 4 laps surely, I'll try something else...

Kinna39
19-05-2015, 10:09
Are you spinning up the wheels a lot? Could you upload a video?

Initia1 B
19-05-2015, 13:09
Are you spinning up the wheels a lot? Could you upload a video?

Its more often than not the front wheels that are effected Kinna, and as Ive said previously its happening within a couple of laps mate. Wouldn't know where to start regards a video im afraid, Im really not very tech minded. Take my laptop, only thing that gets used is the P key along with three others ;)

TRG INSANE
19-05-2015, 13:20
I find that the outer front tyre for the rotation of track, Left front for clockwise and Right front for counter clockwise heats up more as that tyre is going through more stress than the inside front tyre. I always find the 'outer' front tyre is normally red for me but I don't feel any difference in tyre performance.

Sp4mD4gger
19-05-2015, 15:19
Just went out on Sakitto no tune, cloudy, with auto tyre selection, tyres went red after 2 laps, re started session changed tyre pressures to 1.33 both front & 1.25 both rear as let's see experiment, and temp was even all over, and within 5 degrees of the coldest tyre.
The tyres did not overheat.
Default pressure is way too low @1.1 front & 1.0 rear.
Can only suggest for a race car you change the tyre pressure before you do anything else to get a baseline tune, then re adjust according to any other settings you change.
This is after all a simulation, we are learning as we go.
Rule #1 don't trust the tyre pressures at default, they may be good to go, or not, test them.

Sp4mD4gger
19-05-2015, 16:39
Btw this might help.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26349-Tuning-Chart

Initia1 B
20-05-2015, 14:54
Just went out on Sakitto no tune, cloudy, with auto tyre selection, tyres went red after 2 laps, re started session changed tyre pressures to 1.33 both front & 1.25 both rear as let's see experiment, and temp was even all over, and within 5 degrees of the coldest tyre.
The tyres did not overheat.
Default pressure is way too low @1.1 front & 1.0 rear.
Can only suggest for a race car you change the tyre pressure before you do anything else to get a baseline tune, then re adjust according to any other settings you change.
This is after all a simulation, we are learning as we go.
Rule #1 don't trust the tyre pressures at default, they may be good to go, or not, test them.

Just went out in Formula C at Dubai and again samething, nsf tyre overheated 2 laps in. Think your right about raising pressures mate, as it seemed to cure it in the M1. Gonna try the 'C' now and hopefully I'll gett he same result as the BMW

Initia1 B
20-05-2015, 15:05
I find that the outer front tyre for the rotation of track, Left front for clockwise and Right front for counter clockwise heats up more as that tyre is going through more stress than the inside front tyre. I always find the 'outer' front tyre is normally red for me but I don't feel any difference in tyre performance.

Yeah its basically the same for me for the most part, example; Willow springs in Boss 302 GT4 is front left then front rear. In reality tyre temp would be higher in those tyres as they take more force. Even so 2 laps is a tad harsh. I also might add that performance dont seem to be effected. Is the game engine not processing the information right, as in its only showing overheated tyres but not effecting handling physics? Im not very techy so I may be talking out my R's

TRG INSANE
20-05-2015, 15:16
That could be the case. It's hard to say what the game is interpreting when we don't know the coding of it. It could be that there should be a loss of grip when the tyre is overheating. Maybe a Dev could shed some light on this for us.

Sp4mD4gger
21-05-2015, 02:24
Yeah its basically the same for me for the most part, example; Willow springs in Boss 302 GT4 is front left then front rear. In reality tyre temp would be higher in those tyres as they take more force. Even so 2 laps is a tad harsh. I also might add that performance dont seem to be effected. Is the game engine not processing the information right, as in its only showing overheated tyres but not effecting handling physics? Im not very techy so I may be talking out my R's
Yup, think its safe to ignore the red tyre for the moment, if it feels good, don't worry about it.

paul98266
22-05-2015, 18:16
Hi i anyone else been having problems with the bmw 320 group 5? i am using it in career and tyres are overheating and throwing me off on straights on my 2nd lap it's happend on two different tracks, i have just upped the tyre pressures about 30 bar front and 20 bar back, seems to be a bit better

paul98266
22-05-2015, 18:39
Hi i anyone else been having problems with the bmw 320 group 5? i am using it in career and tyres are overheating and throwing me off on straights on my 2nd lap it's happend on two different tracks, i have just upped the tyre pressures about 30 bar front and 20 bar back, seems to be a bit better

Sp4mD4gger
22-05-2015, 18:45
There you go, nice chart for you.
http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/car-tyres/best-car-tyre-brands/barto-psiconverter/

Initia1 B
23-05-2015, 04:46

No dont have any probs with the Grp 5's, infact they're my two fave's at the mo. Capri is a bit wiley and needs a fair bit of tinkering to keep it in check but the BMW is pretty much good out the box except for the slight understeer. Having said that driving style is super personal so a car that handles for me can well be a nightmare for others and vice versa. Damn time for work better chip off....... :(

atomicBRblaster
14-07-2015, 01:32
Hey guys...I'm having trouble with tires heat too.

I'm using a McLaren 12C GT3 and tested lots and lots of different car settings but none of them was successful.

Soft, medium or hard tires. Using the telemetry I noticed the front left tire was the first to overheat and its more fast in its inside area...After 4 laps its getting more than 130 degrees.

Then I tried to open the break ducts wondering if it's going to help to get more fresh air in brakes and tires...not succeeded.

I changed camber in both sides but the front left tire still getting more hot in its inside area...

Don't know how to solve it...

I have a few days left to practice until a long long champ race and its going to screw my tires too fast...

Any advices? =)

yusupov
14-07-2015, 01:45
i noticed a red tire for the first time the other day driving the F1 at monaco. and i think with the patch tires actually wear now as theyre meant to, which is awesome. from what ive heard the way most people (including myself) tend to drive in sims, the tires wouldnt last more than a few laps.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
14-07-2015, 02:36
Hey guys...I'm having trouble with tires heat too.

I'm using a McLaren 12C GT3 and tested lots and lots of different car settings but none of them was successful.

Soft, medium or hard tires. Using the telemetry I noticed the front left tire was the first to overheat and its more fast in its inside area...After 4 laps its getting more than 130 degrees.

Then I tried to open the break ducts wondering if it's going to help to get more fresh air in brakes and tires...not succeeded.

I changed camber in both sides but the front left tire still getting more hot in its inside area...

Don't know how to solve it...

I have a few days left to practice until a long long champ race and its going to screw my tires too fast...

Any advices? =)

Are you running any toe on the front tires? That will cause wear and the most important is to not scrub the tires thru corners. Also make sure you're not locking the fronts under hard braking. That's only advice I can give. My race league runs 30 min gt3 races and if I ever overheated a tire i would just try to drive as smooth as possible and it would go back to green.