PDA

View Full Version : FSR - PS4 Weekly Racing Series (UK)

Northlander
18-05-2015, 18:41
Welcome to the FSR - Friday Sports Racing

Coming Soon...

Calling all Racers!

Following a few years of running an online series in GT5 (Trident GT Championship - 2 Seasons, then the CORE GT Series - 4 Seasons) on the PS3, with the advent of Project CARS arriving on PS4 I have been thinking of re-launching what was going to be the 'new' GT6 online series. Due to lack of interest with GT6 releasing after the PS4 launched I felt my online racing days were over, until what I thought back then would be when GT7 releases on the PS4.

Project CARS was one of those games that I was aware of, but without looking into it, as I figured with the talk of a full-on 'sim' it was going to be a PC exclusive racer...how wrong I was! This has to be the best 'sim' experience any PlayStation console has had to date! Even as a die-hard GT fan, this game has arrived just at the right time, GT6 still has it's good points, but it's starting to date somewhat, and we needed something to fill the void until the next GT title.

With Project CARS' robust 'sandbox' approach, both on and offline, I think it totally deserves getting a bunch of like-minded gamers together for some semi-serious weekly racing. I always say as I'm 41, I prefer to race with other gamers in my own age group, that's not to say gamers in their 20's can't be mature, clean racers, but as a starting point, 30+ normally means you get the racers who 'get' online racing and have proper track respect. In my experience, those who decide to use the car in front as a brake, or decide to sideswipe a faster driver don't last long on my Friends List. Nor do the rage quitters. We all have busy 'real lives' and some of us have limited time, so when we do get together I always strive to create the best possible environment for some fun, but realistic racing (as far as the game will allow) to all who take the time to join in. We don't need the childish or immature.

SO, if there is anyone out there who can make the FSR 'THE' Project CARS group to be in, the gamer who want's to put the horrendous nightmare of an open lobby behind them, the racer that understands we all have different levels of skill, and just because the driver in front takes the corner you can take faster, slower, you have the patience to wait, like a real race driver, and take the pass safely, then this is YOUR series.

There's no other forums or groups to sign up to, no Facebook requirements, no hoops to jump through. We are the Clean Racers, welcome to the FSR!

PSN : NorthlanderGT

McKiernan
19-05-2015, 18:33
Hi ya, this looks pretty interesting. I just thought of a few questions that people might be interested in:

Will there be forced views or are we choose whichever suits us best?
Will there be tyre wear and fuel consumption, and if so will it be accelerated or set to real?
What about damage, will it be on or visual only?
What aids (if any) will be permitted?
Will we be using manual gears or are we free to choose?
How about weather and time of day?

Just wanted to check first, as I didn't want to sign up without knowing how you would like to run this series.

Andy Mitchell
19-05-2015, 19:24
Fridays are good for me, count me in! Just for the record I am 36.

Pink_650S
19-05-2015, 19:30
Will there be points?
A leaderboard?
How long will the races be?

Northlander
19-05-2015, 19:54
Hi all,

I will update later in the week as my router has died following an almighty thunderstorm at this end.

But as questions have been asked, there won't be any forced viewpoints, you are free to choose, and there will be a leaderboard and a points system.

As for further details, I'm still testing, although it's safe to say damage, fuel and tyres will all be realistic. As for aids, only ABS will be allowed.

Time of day will always be set accordingly to fit the track and atmosphere I wish to create, the same goes for weather, but nothing will be accelerated, all real time.

My previous series on GT5 always aimed at an hour for a race, with alternative weeks having 2 30 minute races followed by an 'Endurance' 2 hour race for the season finale :)

So we'll see what works in Project CARS

Sonny Crockett
19-05-2015, 19:57
Fridays are good for me, count me in! Just for the record I am 36.

Ah, above 30 or older means you will start at the back :cool:

Anyways, this sounds pretty cool. I'm also wondering if you will keep scores and such to have that tournament feeling.

McKiernan
19-05-2015, 20:33
Hi all,

I will update later in the week as my router has died following an almighty thunderstorm at this end.

But as questions have been asked, there won't be any forced viewpoints, you are free to choose, and there will be a leaderboard and a points system.

As for further details, I'm still testing, although it's safe to say damage, fuel and tyres will all be realistic. As for aids, only ABS will be allowed.

Time of day will always be set accordingly to fit the track and atmosphere I wish to create, the same goes for weather, but nothing will be accelerated, all real time.

My previous series on GT5 always aimed at an hour for a race, with alternative weeks having 2 30 minute races followed by an 'Endurance' 2 hour race for the season finale :)

So we'll see what works in Project CARS

Sounds good, looking forward to hearing more.

Pink_650S
19-05-2015, 20:36
I would like to join too :)

Andy Mitchell
20-05-2015, 18:11
Ah, above 30 or older means you will start at the back :cool:

Haha, well I'm probably gonna end up at the back anyway so I might as well start there.

Northlander
24-05-2015, 09:21
Pre season race ran on Friday was pretty intense!

I hope we will have enough regular drivers to put together a weekly series.

If it happens, our first season will see us running the awesome Radical SR3-RS

Pink_650S
24-05-2015, 09:29
Nobody told me about the event on Friday...

Andy Mitchell
24-05-2015, 09:57
Yeah I had fun on Friday, even though I was in a race all by myself at the back lol.

I was very happy to just finish the race because a few hours earlier I couldn't even keep the car on the road and couldn't get even one clean lap. Car was new to me and so was the track, was also bit difficult to keep the car smooth with the controller but I should have a wheel in a few weeks. While the wheel might not make me go faster I sure should be able to keep the car a bit smoother and attack corners with more confidence.

Northlander
24-05-2015, 11:12
You'll be amazed at how much the wheel helps the natural feel. One thing though, it brings a new understanding of power versus steering that you don't get on a controller.

What I like the best is not just the 'vibrations' but the forces you get when the car reacts and tells you either the brakes are locking up or the rear is about to go. All good stuff :)

Andy Mitchell
29-05-2015, 15:28
We still up for tonight at Brands hatch GP guys?

Northlander
29-05-2015, 15:38
I'll be there :)

Pink_650S
29-05-2015, 16:52
Did you add me on PSN Northlander?

Andy Mitchell
29-05-2015, 18:36
Did you add me on PSN Northlander?

I will add you when I come online also.

Northlander
31-05-2015, 08:57
Quick video of the start of the pre season Round 2 race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy1cV1d60Hs

Andy Mitchell
04-06-2015, 16:43
Awesome! So that's what it's like up front lol

Andy Mitchell
04-06-2015, 20:24
Decided this is the livery I will be using when we race the radical.

Andy Mitchell
04-06-2015, 20:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qx4FhhACh8

Practice lap.

lutonboy1976
05-06-2015, 14:50
Can I be added please? Psn lutonboy76.

Pink_650S
05-06-2015, 15:26
Uhm, where can l see what cars and tracks will be driven each friday?
There's no info.

Northlander
05-06-2015, 16:37
We're still just running a pre season as our numbers are loe, we're at Oulton Park, on the Island tonight in the Radical SR3-RS :)

Andy Mitchell
08-06-2015, 14:18
Soz bout Friday guys, something came up and had to back out. Hope u guys had a good race. Where are we racing this week?