PDA

View Full Version : [NO] No opponents in Free Practice mode?

Bigjet
18-05-2015, 18:47
Just to start by saying "I love this sim!"

The most immersive and realistic simulator I have ever played. I haven't driven all of the cars yet by a long way, but the 'Formula Junior' around Cadwell Park and oulton park, the BMW M3 GTR and the Oreca LMP2 around the Nordschleife, were all amazing. The most lifelike sensation and realistic physics I have ever seen in a PC simulator.

Is there a way to enable opponents in Free Practice? It gets a bit lonely lapping the Nord' on one's own!

Oh, and a minor gripe - as a simulator, it really should have a manual control option in the pits. At least for pulling out of the garage etc... And the "Go go go!" shout as you leave the Pits is just plane annoying... It doesn't belong in anything calling itself a sim...

Other than that, fantastic so far!

Lars Rosenquist
18-05-2015, 18:52
No opponents in Free Practice I'm afraid. Only in Race Weekend.

ex_
18-05-2015, 18:52
do a quick race, that's what it's for ;) Good luck. Set for more laps if you want it to feel like a practice, and then just don't finish if you don't wish to...

Bigjet
19-05-2015, 15:23
Ok thanks fair enough. The option to have some or no AI cars in Free Practice would be good I think, just my opinion. Any thoughts on the annoying "Go go go!" as you leave the pits? Can it be gotten rid of or deleted somewhere?

Just had a blast trying to get top LMP2 time on the Nordschleife... In the Oreca Nissan at least... 4.3 seconds on a long track... not much! :beguiled:

T0MMY
19-05-2015, 15:28
It is possible to have AIs using the quick race menu, you can set free practice and qualifying up to 90 minutes each before race start. I've been using that for practicing with AIs these days.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 15:30
It is possible to have AIs using the quick race menu, you can set free practice and qualifying up to 90 minutes each before race start. I've been using that for practicing with AIs these days.

Lately, that is actually what I do most of the time. I'll setup a a Quick Race with 90 minute practice sessions and just drive with the AI. It's really a blast with the street cars as it makes you feel like your at a real life track day with the AI cars coming and going on the track. ;)

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 17:04
Are there any street car races in career mode btw?

centurian
19-05-2015, 17:11
I'll setup a a Quick Race with 90 minute practice sessions and just drive with the AI.

Lucky guy.
My longest session of any kind before CTD or unhandled exception crash is 10mins.
Tried all the fixes listed here and several video drivers (and yes, I do a complete uninstall of driver before adding new one).

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 18:01
Lucky guy.
My longest session of any kind before CTD or unhandled exception crash is 10mins.
Tried all the fixes listed here and several video drivers (and yes, I do a complete uninstall of driver before adding new one).

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your situation. If you haven't yet, make sure to collect the logs and dump file from the crashes and post some of them on this forum for SMS to pick up and analyze.

Sparky28
19-05-2015, 18:37
Are there any street car races in career mode btw?

There certainly is not main events but loads of invertational stuff