PDA

View Full Version : riding the clutch

andyparks
18-05-2015, 19:49
People are cheating on multiplayer by riding the clutch all the way round the track so they can come first on qualifying

Mattias
19-05-2015, 08:12
What do you mean by riding the clutch?

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 08:21
Hmm, what ?

Smegsterman
19-05-2015, 08:43
People are cheating on multiplayer by riding the clutch all the way round the track so they can come first on qualifying

How? not sure what you mean sorry.

Roger Prynne
19-05-2015, 12:27
Riding the clutch would not give you a best lap time... only burn the clutch out.... just think about it for a moment.

Shnoo
19-05-2015, 13:27
Riding the clutch would not give you a best lap time... only burn the clutch out.... just think about it for a moment.

Not only this. You will lose a lot of time due the loss of power from the sliping clutch. Or is there a sirious bug that i missed?

beermonsteruk
19-05-2015, 15:26
weve been racing online since launch last night we played and there were several cars 5 seconds a lap faster than us at spa. we are good clean racers and have no idea how they were acheiveing these times. I sure hope that car setup wont amount to 5 seconds a lap or this game is just gonna turn into another forza and it will mean an end to the good close racing we have had so far

JessicaWalter
19-05-2015, 15:33
i could easily see proper tuning to equate to 5 seconds a lap...especially gearing

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 15:37
Yup, lower the heights, get rid of wings, take only required fuel load for race distance...there are ways to get fast. The default setups were aimed to be "safe", not fast.

MrDominoX
19-05-2015, 16:26
And not to sound rude, but being a good clean racer doesn't necessarily mean your the fastest racer out there. Personal skill level comes into play, and without racing against you and the players going 5 seconds faster than you, there's plenty of wiggle room for saying why they are so much faster. Setups not even factored in.

Shnoo
20-05-2015, 08:50
And not to sound rude, but being a good clean racer doesn't necessarily mean your the fastest racer out there. Personal skill level comes into play, and without racing against you and the players going 5 seconds faster than you, there's plenty of wiggle room for saying why they are so much faster. Setups not even factored in.

Exactly 5 seconds differnce a lap doesn't even have to mean, that they where using another setup.
I raced a few laps in the Caterham classic at Zoler yesterday.
The other cars where not driving bad at all but i was up to 8 Seconds faster a lap (with the default setup) youst because i was able to hold the car right at the edge in the cornors even drifted the hairpin (t8) because it was much faster then fighting the understeer going into it. Finding the right line and taking the car to its limits can make a huge diffrence in lap times. A good line is very important and last but not least safe != fast the real Alien times in some games are driving in for normal people undriveble setups.