PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel or Xbox Controller

THOMAS13MARTIN
18-05-2015, 20:22
This may have been asked somewhere previously but I have looked and can't find an answer.
I have been tempted to get a wheel for project cars but the nice force feedback wheels costing 300+ are just not in my price range right now. Obviously these are the ideal wheel but I cannot get one of these (even more long term - being a student sucks). Can anyone suggest whether getting a budget wheel such as the Thrustmaster 458 Ferrari one would actually be better than the xbox controller? Without force feedback I'm worried I'll get it and be disappointed and end up going back to using the controller. I have never used a wheel before so am very unsure what to expect. Any suggestions welcome.

INoTroN
26-05-2015, 06:32
I have the 458 spider and its awesome way better than controler
Buying a wheel 400$ with force feedback no thanx
The 458 spider is very good.

roist1
06-06-2015, 01:51
I have 2 force feedbacks: A Microsoft Sidewinder for PC racing which I found at a thrift store for about $9 and the white Microsoft wheel for the 360. Nothing beats the Sidewinder. HOWEVER, not wanting to spend $300-400 on a FFB for my Xbone, I picked up the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider. Of course the immersion is greater than that of a gamepad. Also, the tight bungie system provides ample resistance. No comparison to my old MadKatz "wireless" that I had to attach bungie chords to just to have SOME resistance.
The Spider's pedals are stiff and responsive. For under 100 feddies, not a bad wheel.
Note: No lap steering, must be mounted.

k.merse
06-06-2015, 06:21
Wheel. Any wheel is better than any controller. Well, maybe a 20 years old wheel would be worse, but you get the point :)

roist1
09-06-2015, 03:36
My Sidewinder is probably 20 years old and is the best my 4. Only 1, the worst of the 4, and the newest manufactured, was over $100.