PDA

View Full Version : Dear Testers "Great Job Testing the Game"

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 20:23
Seriously people actually tested this game. Did no one go and check to see if all of the Career Invitations actually work ??

Clearly Not

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFUG66DWoAAd6cy.jpg

If you can't work it out

Complete 42 Career Races still blank - I'm In Season 8

Complete 175 Career Laps - Still Blank, Look underneath that and you can see I have unlocked the Trackday 25 HR Panorama Madness for 500 LAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and IF this is patched make sure when we load our save files they unlock automatically Thanks :cool:

Smegsterman
18-05-2015, 20:31
Most if not all the testers were on pc as didnt have access to Dev kits so that argument falls flat.
Also should be under ps4 issues not general as someone may be able to help or at least see it in relevant place.

JessicaWalter
18-05-2015, 20:38
why do so many people start their posts so aggressively? what do you do for a living? how bout we nitpick all the crap you don't get finished on projects nanostromically smaller and less technologically advanced than this piece of work?

i understand there's problems with the game but COMMUNITY is in the title. they want our feedback and help figuring out what's wrong. however, no one likes to listen to someone who starts off by telling them they aren't doing their job when they've done a LOT of quality work already.

this isn't a standard game.

and to everyone that keeps saying "it should work straight out the box," we live in the internet age. if you didn't do some due diligence on the game before you bought it and understand the situation then you're partially at fault as well. impulse purchases are a good way to get something you don't want.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 20:39
Oh I'm going to post it there as well. The more threads the better

They released the game 85% complete as they could not afford to delay the game once again

Smegsterman
18-05-2015, 20:43
[QUOTE=Boyd12;923715]Oh I'm going to post it there as well. The more threads the better

Not really no, just clogs up forums and makes thing harder to see/find.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 20:45
Not really no, two threads are not going to clog up a forum are they :rolleyes:

Smegsterman
18-05-2015, 20:47
Not really no, two threads are not going to clog up a forum are they :rolleyes:

Principal still stands, if everyone did it yes it would.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 20:47
why do so many people start their posts so aggressively? .

This - Its getting really old. I had a few valid suggestions and reasons that I don't think will ever see the light of day because of these threads.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 20:52
Maybe the aggression is coming out because I have waited for this game since November Last year and when it finally went Gold I went and pre-ordered the game and went to the Midnight Launch (Only 2 people turned up) and I have been enjoying the game its things like this that get on my nerves that should not have made it to the game.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 20:54
Your post in contradicting.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 20:57
Your post in contradicting.

What are you not allowed to enjoy a game but be annoyed about something at the same time ?

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 21:02
Its more about your comment about the aggression. I'm not authorized to allow you to do anything.

kjay
18-05-2015, 21:19
Maybe the aggression is coming out because I have waited for this game since November Last year and when it finally went Gold I went and pre-ordered the game and went to the Midnight Launch (Only 2 people turned up) and I have been enjoying the game its things like this that get on my nerves that should not have made it to the game.

It's a game....Relax!
Just because we play games doesn't mean we should be childish. Issues are being worked on and will be fixed with future patches.

lacslyer
18-05-2015, 21:20
why do so many people start their posts so aggressively? what do you do for a living? how bout we nitpick all the crap you don't get finished on projects nanostromically smaller and less technologically advanced than this piece of work?

i understand there's problems with the game but COMMUNITY is in the title. they want our feedback and help figuring out what's wrong. however, no one likes to listen to someone who starts off by telling them they aren't doing their job when they've done a LOT of quality work already.

and to everyone that keeps saying "it should work straight out the box," we live in the internet age. if you didn't do some due diligence on the game before you bought it and understand the situation then you're partially at fault as well. impulse purchases are a good way to get something you don't want.

People having expectations that a game should work the way it's intended to work isn't ridiculous. What's ridiculous is blaming the consumer for not researching the game enough as though that's a valid reason to negate his complaints. In this day and age we should expect a game to be released without the serious bugs that hinder this game at times. Especially when the game was postponed several times.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 21:23
P In this day and age we should expect a game to be released without the serious bugs that hinder this game at times. Especially when the game was postponed several times.

In this day and age the opposite will hold true now that devs have an avenue to "update" (see fix).

Robhd
18-05-2015, 21:25

This seems a very odd viewpoint at best... I don't actually remember any of the prerelease hyperbole in the press releases etc actually saying..."oh, by the way this game is deeply flawed and half finished'... Did they f@@k!
Yes.. It is a pretty standard racing sim... But not quite a sim!... Well, not if it doesn't ruddy work!

lacslyer
18-05-2015, 21:28
In this day and age the opposite will hold true now that devs have an avenue to "update" (see fix).

Unfortunately this is very true. Many games, even triple-A titles, get released with serious bugs because they know they can release fixes later. It's more important to release a title on schedule than to release a title without bugs.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 21:32
It's a game....Relax!
Just because we play games doesn't mean we should be childish. Issues are being worked on and will be fixed with future patches.

Yes and I'm posting my problem so that this gets noticed and fixed. Sometimes you have to ruffle a few feathers and you lot posting in this thread will make this more notciable to the devs

oh and finally some support thanks :friendly_wink:

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 21:33
Unfortunately this is very true. Many games, even triple-A titles, get released with serious bugs because they know they can release fixes later. It's more important to release a title on schedule than to release a title without bugs.

This game was not released on schedule it was delayed 3 times if I'm correct

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 21:48
Just because they test something even though there is quite a few people testing it doesn't mean they'll fine all the bugs, especially if they dont get to test it on all platforms.

Many AAA games get delayed multiple times, it happens.

No software out today is bug free, no software has had a bug free launch.

Robhd
18-05-2015, 21:49

Sorry... The on schedule bit amused the pants of me... Eaxctly how many times was the release date put back???... And still its screwed up!...

lacslyer
18-05-2015, 21:52

As I mentioned in the previous post, I'm well aware of that. Which is why it's even more ridiculous to me when bugs like this still exist when the game was delayed several times.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 21:54
Just because they test something even though there is quite a few people testing it doesn't mean they'll fine all the bugs, especially if they dont get to test it on all platforms.

Many AAA games get delayed multiple times, it happens.

No software out today is bug free, no software has had a bug free launch.

I do know that I have not been living under a rock, I was just replying to the guy that said companies like to release titles on schedule

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 11:02

Once again you, and many others, don't seem to understand why people are angry and upset. They were not made aware of the many problems the game had prior to purchasing it. We were all led to believe, after numerous delays and promises, that we were getting a "polished" game. People are angry, and rightfully so, because they feel they've been fooled into believing they were getting one thing yet got another. Mr. Bell and his team could have done the proper thing and be transparent and upfront with their customers, regarding all the existing issues in the release version, prior to us spending our money. Instead they decided to keep us all in the dark and let us discover the problems for ourselves after the fact. The inability to get a refund just adds insult to injury. This tactic definitely does not build a loyal fanbase.

I guarantee if they had made us aware of all the bugs and issues the release version included, most of us would have purchased it anyway. The big difference would have been, we'd be making an informed decision. We trusted Mr. Bell and SMS, patiently accepted the repeated delays, and many of us, including myself, feel that trust was betrayed.

Luke Townsend
19-05-2015, 11:14

+1 THIS! :) BTW, my other game of the moment is Elite Dangerous. If you think this forum is bad for non-constructive "nothing works" posts, take a look there - makes Project Cars forum seem like a cosy tea party! ;) As a software dev myself I can just about contemplate the complexity of this game. It was a massive, massive task (anyone name any other race simulators that have also have real physics and stunning graphics and weather and AI and MP and are on multi-platform?) Shame about the bugs - yes there are some but people, report them sensibly on this forum and they will get fixed.

MysterG
19-05-2015, 11:26
Once again you, and many others, don't seem to understand why people are angry and upset. They were not made aware of the many problems the game had prior to purchasing it. We were all led to believe, after numerous delays and promises, that we were getting a "polished" game. People are angry, and rightfully so, because they feel they've been fooled into believing they were getting one thing yet got another. Mr. Bell and his team could have done the proper thing and be transparent and upfront with their customers, regarding all the existing issues in the release version, prior to us spending our money. Instead they decided to keep us all in the dark and let us discover the problems for ourselves after the fact. The inability to get a refund just adds insult to injury. This tactic definitely does not build a loyal fanbase.

I guarantee if they had made us aware of all the bugs and issues the release version included, most of us would have purchased it anyway. The big difference would have been, we'd be making an informed decision. We trusted Mr. Bell and SMS, patiently accepted the repeated delays, and many of us, including myself, feel that trust was betrayed.

And you don't seem to understand that many of the issues did not show up until after release, or that even if you are upset that there are better ways of getting a useful response than coming out guns blazing, or that SMS cannot issue refunds, you did not buy your game from them.

RobMUFC1987
19-05-2015, 11:37
OP is a trophy hunter...

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 11:39
And you don't seem to understand that many of the issues did not show up until after release, or that even if you are upset that there are better ways of getting a useful response than coming out guns blazing, or that SMS cannot issue refunds, you did not buy your game from them.

Two things. One, I'm fully aware many of the issues didn't show up until after release. I'm obviously referring to the ones SMS knew of prior to release. Two, where, in my message, did I say SMS should give us a refund? Of course SMS does not issue refunds.

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 11:47
Two things. One, I'm fully aware many of the issues didn't show up until after release. I'm obviously referring to the ones SMS knew of prior to release. Two, where, in my message, did I say SMS should give us a refund? Of course SMS does not issue refunds.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/member.php?16357-MaXKiLLz

What excuse do you have for not going and asking questions prior to release ?

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 11:51

I believe he was demoted to a free user.

Pete

marcdxn
19-05-2015, 11:52

This guy has it exactly right.

And i don't see how anyone else who works for a living can say otherwise.

I am guessing most people on here work, and if you go out and sell a non working product or service to a customer you get it in the neck. Same seems to be happening here but its that some people seemed shocked by it.

If something isn't working we provided for a customer we are made to babysit them through what is happening, estimated time of a fix or replacement and sort it out.

On here it just feels like the majority of the comments back to issues put the user at fault and you have to just shut up.
I should try that at work tomorrow and see how long i have a job for when i blame the user, tell them its fine even though its not and then mock them in the message replies!

People need to be more understanding here that people paid money for something working not a work in progress it in no way shape or form said the sale was a work in progress game on amazon. Ubisoft did it with assassins creed black flag only it had a much larger user base and it was quickly all over the news so they went full on to fix and release an apology.

All i see for project cars is 'shhhh they will go away eventually'

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 11:55

Not exactly sure why you're pointing me to a page with links that I, as a regular forum member, does not have access to.

As far as your query, it is not the responsibility of the consumer to try and ascertain if the product they're purchasing doesn't function properly. Why should they if they've been repeatedly told the product is "polished".

Machinist90
19-05-2015, 11:55

Then you have to admit that the console testing was one big joke,expending the testing to external teams...teams of monkeys? As a console user I feel fooled and a bit insulted that after all that time the devs didn't take the time to get into the consoles,especially xbox one which has the most problems (as far as I can tell)

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 11:57
1. There are problems, they were unknown prior to launch
2. Problems have been acknowledged by SMS
3. A patch has been created and is being tested
4. You guys paid in full for a fully woking game
5. Majority have the game installed correctly (18.5gb etc.) but still have issues
6. There is nothing further to do but wait for the patch

KK78
19-05-2015, 11:58
Tip for the modern gamer: If you are likely to get upset when a game releases with issues don't pre-order don't buy day one and for the love of god don't buy Assassins Creed!

It's such a bummer when a game doesn't work as it should but sadly it ain't rare, I save myself the angst nowadays by either waiting or been reasonably accepting that new games have issues. Also it is near impossible for devs to truly know every single issue a game can have until it hits the public servers- sad but true.

tmitch45
19-05-2015, 11:58
There are aggressive people on both sides of these arguments/discussions. As I have stated in multiple threads now (none of which have been answered) the reason for the frustration from customers is the lack of current information about the bugs that have been reported. All it needs is a clear statement on here from the developers to tell us all what bugs they are working on and when we can expect a fix. Please guys all we need is reassurance someone is listening and taking these problems seriously.

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 11:59
Not exactly sure why you're pointing me to a page with links that I, as a regular forum member, does not have access to.

As far as your query, it is not the responsibility of the consumer to try and ascertain if the product they're purchasing doesn't function properly. Why should they if they've been repeatedly told the product is "polished".

Sorry but, you were a WMD forum member were you not... same name, same ID, same join date.....

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:01
Sorry but, you were a WMD forum member were you not... same name, same ID, same join date.....

MaXKiLLz, you do not have permission to access this page.

JessicaWalter
19-05-2015, 12:02
i read about the ps4 aa problems among other things prior to release. i purchased expecting it to not be fully finished until after i purchased it. anyone that doesn't read news and reviews of a game before purchase nowadays is foolish. there were plenty of warning signs that let you know if you're concerned you should wait a few months and read peoples opinions and experiences with the game. couple that with how complex you already should have known the game to be and you could have made your "informed decision"...you got excited and now you're acting childish.

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 12:04
MaXKiLLz, you do not have permission to access this page.

Yes, because you would need to log into the WMD forum to see that (like you apparently did on the 7th of May......)

poet
19-05-2015, 12:04
"Dear Testers "Great Job Testing the Game""

Says it for me pretty well.

Great game, some amazing features, having a really great time with it.

So yeah, really - Great job testers! :)

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:05
i read about the ps4 aa problems among other things prior to release.

Please attach links to pages, which you read, informing PS4 users of the numerous problems. Thanks.

knight01
19-05-2015, 12:06
Seriously people actually tested this game. Did no one go and check to see if all of the Career Invitations actually work ??

Clearly Not

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFUG66DWoAAd6cy.jpg

If you can't work it out

Complete 42 Career Races still blank - I'm In Season 8

Complete 175 Career Laps - Still Blank, Look underneath that and you can see I have unlocked the Trackday 25 HR Panorama Madness for 500 LAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and IF this is patched make sure when we load our save files they unlock automatically Thanks :cool:

Even I'm finding bugs, But I wouldn't want to start a thread in this community/forum to criticise, this forum is not neutral. To anyone who wants to vent their frustration at the game, please my advice is to join another (neutral) forum, where your comments and frustration will be listened to and you will be treated with respect. We are, after all paying customers of SMS/Bandai-Namco.

What I don't understand is why are some of the WMD community members accusing some of being aggressive tone in threads and not treat them respect, when all they are doing is giving honest feedback and venting their frustration. As paying customer, we all have the right to give constructive criticism.

This is a statement from SMS and Ian Bell - Quote take from the WMD website http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-release-date-moves-to-may-2015/

I've highlighted some important bits:

Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios.

“Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one. And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.”

Just my 2 pence worth.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:09
Yes, because you would need to log into the WMD forum to see that (like you apparently did on the 7th of May......)

Okay, I see where you're going with this. It seems you're trying to place the blame on me, the consumer. I understand now.

JessicaWalter
19-05-2015, 12:46
Please attach links to pages, which you read, informing PS4 users of the numerous problems. Thanks.mentions pop-in and other graphical gripes:
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2015/05/review-project-cars-sony-playstation-4.html?m=1

mentions ai no pit bug and invisible pit barrier bug, along with a few more:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/project-cars-review

"In summary, Project CARS isn’t quite the complete package as it stands right now, with our main gripe being the performance of enemy A.I. and some of the glitches we’ve encountered. "...:
http://www.psu.com/review/26686/Project-CARS-PS4-Review/?page=3

mentions ps4 blurring issues etc and tells us they may still be present on release day and explains plans to listen to community feedback on the issue:
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1719302

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:57
Interesting on the PS4, where's all the press info about the problems with the AMD drivers that it appears EVERYBODY knew about except the poor Saps buying £300 graphics cards and a £40 game that don't work together.

Several people have made completely valid points here and I will reiterate them, again.

If there had been a general release of info about the problems with AMD I wouldn't have purchased a 290x specifically to play PC
If there had been a general release of info about that and other possible bugs but a statement saying we're going to release anyway would I still have purchased at the same price? Absolutely, with a GTX 970 or 80, but then I would have done it eyes open and not felt cheated a little.
Could the company still rectify this? Yes absolutely again, just apologise for the cock up, properly, and carry on as I'm sure they are, getting the fixes out there. And I do hope they are prioritising the unplayable crashes, etc. and not worrying about helmet colours and the wrong type of gloves :)

Boyd12
19-05-2015, 13:05
I want to support this game I plan on getting the DLC but we need a statement from SMS outlaying the problems that have been discovered and what is being fixed as we speak and what will take a little while longer.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 13:14
I want to support this game I plan on getting the DLC but we need a statement from SMS outlaying the problems that have been discovered and what is being fixed as we speak and what will take a little while longer.

An official apology from Mr. Bell and SMS would cost them nothing and go a long way towards quelching the anger, frustration and disappointment many are feeling.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 13:35
An official apology from Mr. Bell and SMS would cost them nothing and go a long way towards quelching the anger, frustration and disappointment many are feeling.

For me would completely fix it, as long as they then followed through with some real fixes. Rather than trying to defend the current state of what is quite clearly indefensible. It doesn't matter who's fault it was, at the end of the day it's the people making the game who are responsible. Get the feeling maybe that is starting to get across today.