PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying bug?

tux1234
18-05-2015, 20:25
First of all please forgive me for starting a thread on something thats probably been mentioned but after searching i cant find anything.

In GT3 you have 2 qualifying sessions of 10 minutes length, yes?

Well at Road America in the US Cup i had 1 qualifying session of 10 minutes length and 1 of 2 mins length BUT when it reached 0 of the 2 minutes while still on my outlap the session didn't end. I got to the line and it allowed me to start a timed lap and allowed me to finish the lap. Finished the lap like normal, crossed the line and the session had ended without the AI setting any times so i was listed as on pole, then come race day i started in 2nd :S. Ive only seen this once but found it a little strange.

Outlier
18-05-2015, 20:36
I noticed this in on offline race. I qualified on pole but for the rolling start I was placed on the outside lane. I don't think it started me in 2nd. I think it was a programming error making pole on the wrong side of the course. (or perhaps Pole position on this particular track IS on the outside lane and I just don't know???)

s1yfa
18-05-2015, 20:41
Rolling starts seem a bit iffy as the AI like to keep themselves as far forwards as possible, and of course we have no control until the lights go out. The AI get an amazing launch and we trail behind. Seems like we should be allowed manual control whilst the lights are going through the sequence and have penalties like if we jump the start.

Also one some tracks (kart tracks are a good example as they are so tight), when you do get manual control it is normally just a fraction of a second before you go off, and you have no chance to pull it back from the brink of destruction.

tux1234
18-05-2015, 22:08
Yeah the rolling start thing is a problem too, sometimes it starts you in first gear on the rev limiter

tux1234
19-05-2015, 13:04
Just finished the european season, didnt see this happen again, maybe a one off thing?

LextersQuest
29-05-2015, 13:05
Just started GT3 with the Merc on Silverstone.
Qualifying position not same as starting position in race.

tux1234
29-05-2015, 13:33
Just started GT3 with the Merc on Silverstone.
Qualifying position not same as starting position in race.

Ive had this too! Only once though, but frustrating.