PDA

View Full Version : AI doesn't pit for Tyres when rain comes in?

SchindlersFist
18-05-2015, 22:22
Hello community,

So I finally reached the Endurance Championship and it started to rain pretty soon after the start, after a couple of laps in the rain my slicks felt horrible so I thought it was time to pit and expected the AI to do the same. Realising that I was the only one in the pits, loosing my position and none of the AI pitting for wets anytime in that race I got prett, lets say "heated".
Did I just encounter a bug or does the weather not effect the AI at all so they don't have to pit?
The only times I have seen the AI pit were their mandatory pitstops, even after 1 hour of Silverstone endurance they didn't seem to have the slightest necessity of pitting.
Will this get fixed? Do others encounter these situations too, or is my installation faulty?

Thanks for your help in advance

SchindlersFist

JDFSSS
18-05-2015, 22:31
Hello community,

So I finally reached the Endurance Championship and it started to rain pretty soon after the start, after a couple of laps in the rain my slicks felt horrible so I thought it was time to pit and expected the AI to do the same. Realising that I was the only one in the pits, loosing my position and none of the AI pitting for wets anytime in that race I got prett, lets say "heated".
Did I just encounter a bug or does the weather not effect the AI at all so they don't have to pit?
The only times I have seen the AI pit were their mandatory pitstops, even after 1 hour of Silverstone endurance they didn't seem to have the slightest necessity of pitting.
Will this get fixed? Do others encounter these situations too, or is my installation faulty?

Thanks for your help in advance

SchindlersFist

The AI is too fast in poor weather conditions. This is a known issue and I would assume they are going to patch it. As for the tire situation, some people say the AI predicts the weather and will start dry races on intermediate/rain tires if they know it's going to rain later. However, this makes no sense because the AI's wet tires should quickly wear out while it's dry. Which brings up another bug, there is almost no tire wear in this game.