PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Class - Car Rankings? Close to Equal?

NickDahy
18-05-2015, 23:11
Hi Guys,

I was curious how close these cars are in terms of lap times. I am in the pickle of starting a league and am wondering if I should just pick one of the cars for everyone, or if they are comparable?

I will do a test when I get home from work, but I was just curious if anyone knew.. say if they are close, 1 is way better, or 1 is worst.

Thanks - Nick

Ramshackle
19-05-2015, 00:28
The Mclaren seems to be the best all rounder, imo.

t0daY
19-05-2015, 00:30
In my opinion the bmw z4 is a good allrounder and the aston martin is a beast ;)

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 00:59
A lot of effort was put in to try and get the cars balanced. The different cars will be stronger on certain circuits and weaker on others, but overall they should be close.

As a WMD member you can check the leader boards from the link at the top of the WMD forum and check times at various circuits

Mark Quigley
19-05-2015, 01:27
I was loving the Ginetta for a while, you could reel folks in on the brakes.
Got very bored getting mugged by everyone and their little sister exiting corners and on the straights tho. :D

If you run a good range of tracks then things should workout quite balanced but if you run nothing but fast tracks things like the Ginetta will feel a little lacking.

Cheesenium
19-05-2015, 01:32
At least for me, I find the Audi to be the easiest to drive, Ginetta is the hardest. The Aston Martin, Mclaren and BMW Z4 are the all rounders with the Aston edges out a bit in straights and Z4 is better in corners. Mclaren is kinda in the middle. I find the Ruf to be harder to drive than most but it is also the most fun.

MDH PYRO
19-05-2015, 05:56
The BMW is the overall best im my opinion closely followed by the Aston.....I feel the Audi has the best Handling followed by the McLaren and Porsche...The Ginetta is a hand full being so light I find it kind of twitchy but great fun once you get used to it but it will not be able to compete on the faster tracks like Silvertone,Monza Abu Dhabi

AngelBrow
19-05-2015, 06:06
I agree with you. Z4 suits me the best.
Hopefully they will release next years BMW M6 GT3 as a free car or in dlc, which will replace the Z4. Hope it will suit my driving aswell. It looks a lot bigger tho. I dont like that the mclaren doesnt have a mirror in car. Otherwise I would use it more. Like watching the guys behind me, cos theres rarely anyone in front :D

Daffers
19-05-2015, 06:48
I agree with you. Z4 suits me the best.
Hopefully they will release next years BMW M6 GT3 as a free car or in dlc, which will replace the Z4. Hope it will suit my driving aswell. It looks a lot bigger tho. I dont like that the mclaren doesnt have a mirror in car. Otherwise I would use it more. Like watching the guys behind me, cos theres rarely anyone in front :D

Use the hud mirror !