PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Am I missing something?

Pete_Repeat
18-05-2015, 23:35
So the only online races I can find in game (on PC) are the user created online events which are just random tracks and cars that the user created, no a league or season.

The other supposedly online events I see are in the Community section where it appears to be more a time trial that goes for a few days and you just sit in a list of other lap times, no other cars on track. with fixed tracks and cars.

Are there any season races that start with practice/qualifying/race?

Iracing always had a season round running and it was only a matter of waiting a short while for the popular classes. Sort of expected this in Project Cars.

Am I missing something? I feel I must be and it's probably obvious.

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:09
So the only online races I can find in game (on PC) are the user created online events which are just random tracks and cars that the user created, no a league or season.

The other supposedly online events I see are in the Community section where it appears to be more a time trial that goes for a few days and you just sit in a list of other lap times, no other cars on track. with fixed tracks and cars.

Are there any season races that start with practice/qualifying/race?

Iracing always had a season round running and it was only a matter of waiting a short while for the popular classes. Sort of expected this in Project Cars.

Am I missing something? I feel I must be and it's probably obvious.

This was genuine question. So no one who read this haas any comments? eg yes that is all that there is, or steam hosts a lot of seasons that happen every week....

I haven't played much PC games online apart from iracing, and have never used steam before. So curious if I am missing something as I expected way much more organised practice/qualify/race events occurring every so often, organised like a conventional season expect multiple race times to cater for peoples schedules, and not just random user generated races that aren't really scheduled apart from the community time trials (with no other cars on track)

dwaynetheBLADE
19-05-2015, 11:11
hi m8 good question. this should be solved by reinstalling the game, its a texturing issue

Espen S. Andresen
19-05-2015, 11:13
This was genuine question. So no one who read this haas any comments? eg yes that is all that there is, or steam hosts a lot of seasons that happen every week....

I haven't played much PC games online apart from iracing, and have never used steam before. So curious if I am missing something as I expected way much more organised practice/qualify/race events occurring every so often, organised like a conventional season expect multiple race times to cater for peoples schedules, and not just random user generated races that aren't really scheduled apart from the community time trials (with no other cars on track)

Have a look here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:14
hi m8 good question. this should be solved by reinstalling the game, its a texturing issue

Wrong thread maybe??

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 11:27
Pete,

Ignore dwayne, not sure why he's keen on dispersing misinformation.

Yes, the races/lobbies are those created by other players. You can create one also. There is no Iracing style season constantly running. SMS has not (yet?) started anything organized online, it's a bit free form right now.

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:28
Have a look here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

Thanks. Not quite what I expected the online to be like but thanks anyway. I liked the iracing structure where you could dedicate yourself to a car for a season (I don't plan on playing many hours a week) and practice the track in my own time, but then come home in an evening and sign up for a qualifying session with other cars on track and have to wait an hour maximum for the popular classes, then do qualifying whenever I am available, then race before the week ends and the track changes.

I'll look into it further. First thought is it doesn't seem so structured or as flexible with times to enter events when joining a league.... But I hope further reading proves it can be more structured like iracing was.

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:31
Pete,

Ignore dwayne, not sure why he's keen on dispersing misinformation.

Yes, the races/lobbies are those created by other players. You can create one also. There is no Iracing style season constantly running. SMS has not (yet?) started anything organized online, it's a bit free form right now.

Right. Thanks. So I am not just missing something obvious.

Real shame they don't.... Surprised actually as I kept looking for something hidden that I missed. I enjoyed the way iracing worked. Flexibility, but also structure so it felt like racing a season.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 11:37
I never tried it but u hear it's the best MP experience for sims. Some SMS staff are iracing members.

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:42
I should have stayed in the beta program. Then I may have realised this before buying the game..... I'm not really into AI racing. Oh well it didn't cost that much I guess.

I'm guessing the more organised online rounds aren't going to be implemented in a hurry either.. One part of me thinks I'll head back to iracing just because he structure suits me.... I really don't want to lock my computer gaming down to certain times.

But the other part of me is enjoying this game so want it to work. Hopefully I find something online that has flexibility but still some season/round structure. Fingers crossed.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 11:48
Have a browse of some of the leagues already forming now. Personally i can recmommend he TGC, ziggy runs a good operation

Pete_Repeat
19-05-2015, 11:58
Have a browse of some of the leagues already forming now. Personally i can recmommend he TGC, ziggy runs a good operation

Cheers. I'll definitely have a look at TGC.