PDA

View Full Version : [IMPROVING] Looked forward to the game....

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 00:02
Finally bought it however and wished I didn't bother. I have never been so disappointed to actually go to the lengths of signing up to a forum with the hopes the dev team seeing how disappointed I am.
I of course initially looked for an email address for the developers so I could whine straight to them but came up short, so here I am.

I love racing games, always have and always will. Sadly Project Cars is not going to be one of the ones I'll play for hours, days, weeks or months. I don't think I even managed an hour and I'll tell you why.

I started off choosing to play zero to hero, starting out in karts. Thinking this is a nice change from the normal racing games and it should be a lot of fun, all it gave me was annoyance and even a little rage. I didn't even manage the main race of Glencairn. Right from the off the karts are terrible, having to pretty much stop to get the kart to actually turn to go round a corner, while being passed by at least two other karts each time. I quit the race many times and restarted after changing things like tyre pressures and brake bias, steering sensitivity and deadzones to see if it would make any difference and it didn't make much. I finally made it round and finished in first after getting so annoyed the track wasn't even what I was racing on anymore. Cutting corners and bullying my way to first place. Then came the main race with a rolling start, correct me if I'm wrong but what I took from the race information was that if you finish in first then main race you start in first. All was good until you get to the final turn before the green light and then the kart in p2 on the inside of the track is in p1 before the light even goes green. I restarted the main race twice and the second time by the time the green light shows I'm off the track on the left and because the kerb I lose traction and spin out. That was the final straw and I turned the game off.

Was the game designed more for consumers with Wheels and you're just not good enough to play if you only have a controller? Because everything I tried was just not working.

I watched TheSLAPTrain on youtube play this game and he has an expensive set up with force feedback wheel etc and it definitely didn't look like he had to nearly stop to get the kart to turn. I'm also not willing to just drop some cash on a wheel to see if I'd get anymore enjoyment out this game, I use a controller for all my other racing games and it's never let me down.

Has anyone else had similar problems/annoyances? Is it just me?

I really can't express in words my frustration and disappointment with this game. Visually it looked amazing and I really couldn't wait to get it, but actual gameplay has let it down completely. There are other problems I've experienced with the game but none that affect the actual gameplay so those ones I would let go, but put together with what I've experienced, or haven't experienced in this case because I didn't actually do a lot of racing, it's not worth the 49.99 price tag I paid from the Xbox store.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 00:08
There are a lot of threads on controller settings and assists to help guys with controllers play. the controller issue is known and a patch Is on the way according to SMS.

I would make sure your file size is 18.4 as well.

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 00:15
The kart races are hard to start with on the xbox try a race weekend and set the difficulty to like 50 until you get better. I have a wheel and would recommend one over a controller even for forza and other games I can't even play with the pad anymore. In the karts I left the default setups and they are a twitchy mess but that's how karts are. I try not to use the brakes to much and stick to downshifting as much as possible. They take time to get use to.

Also turn on the driving line to show you where you should be braking and how much if you think your slowing down to much. If your struggling try the difficulty 20 points lower until your use to it.

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 00:17
I appreciate your input and I will go check it out, I have messed around though with no change. and it's 18.1 with the limited edition car park at 8.8mb

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 00:19
I'll probably end up putting it back on and persevering but it did get me pretty angry.

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 00:20
I appreciate your input and I will go check it out, I have messed around though with no change. and it's 18.1 with the limited edition car park at 8.8mb

You need to hold your xbox power button for like 10 secs and wait for the orange light to come on the power supply then restart to get the update.

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 00:22
You need to hold your xbox power button for like 10 secs and wait for the orange light to come on the power supply then restart to get the update.

Thanks. On it now.

Kulch
19-05-2015, 00:28
the game is broken on xbox. once they get this patch thru and fix the basic controller issue, there is a myriad of other fixes which need attention. the more you play the more bugs you dig up, the AI not effected by rain is worse than the controller issues, as there is no work around for that and it ruins career mode. the online lobbys are unstable, and there is work around for that.
the sheer volume of negative posts and feedback in the xbox section is an indicator of this debacle.
they don't like it, they created it and have to deal with it. you should try and get a refund and pick it up in a month or so when its probably in the bargain bin for $30 and ironically actually in a working condition.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 00:33
Thanks. On it now.

Yes Hard reset your console and make sure your file size is atleast 18.4 then you will know you have the day 1 patch installed that should help with your controller. also def. check the controller thread stickied in the main Xbox thread and you should find some help there. good luck and hope you can enjoy. there are a lot of issues yes but if you can find some enjoyment until the patches come I think you'll find it worth the wait.

Also, I would recommend NOT starting in Karts as well. especially on a gamepad, go for something further up the chain. get Zero to Hero later lol

Controller Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

Raven403
19-05-2015, 00:36
the game is broken on xbox. once they get this patch thru and fix the basic controller issue, there is a myriad of other fixes which need attention. the more you play the more bugs you dig up, the AI not effected by rain is worse than the controller issues, as there is no work around for that and it ruins career mode. the online lobbys are unstable, and there is work around for that.
the sheer volume of negative posts and feedback in the xbox section is an indicator of this debacle.
they don't like it, they created it and have to deal with it. you should try and get a refund and pick it up in a month or so when its probably in the bargain bin for $30 and ironically actually in a working condition.

there are plenty of threads that make your points and its well known man. Can we get back to being a bit more constructive and helpful. If he has the game why not help make it better for him to enjoy until patches come....

Patrik Marek
19-05-2015, 00:40

console games hold their price for quite some time, if he returns the game only to buy it again in 1 month, I would be very surprised it was cheaper at that point. maybe after 6 months
yes, XB1 version has most issues of the all verison, which is unfortunate but that's how things are,
patch is on th way to fix most critical issues,

maybe people who well initially very upset, once they fixed their "setup" they were glad they stayed around, for this game has lot to offer once things are working
but it's up to you if you want to wait or if you lost your trust in SMS

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 00:45
I may have been a bit hasty beginning this thread, got the update, got some controller tweaks going and already an improvement, semi enjoying it now. Still some tweaking to be done but I'm sure with a bit tinkering I can find something I'll be happier with. Thanks for all the input and help. Much appreciated.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 00:57
there are plenty of threads that make your points and its well known man. Can we get back to being a bit more constructive and helpful. If he has the game why not help make it better for him to enjoy until patches come....

I've done all of the fixes. It's not enough. Oulton park in the rain is ridiculously broken. This game was designed for wheels, that's obvious now. Why didn't they let us know that. I've played sims for nearly two decades going back to the horrid Indy Sims of the late 80's. This game is harder then GPL!!

These forums should let us rant. I'm sorry it's not constructive but releasing a game in this state does not make me trust or have faith in the developer. How did this many bugs get past the dev team?!?!?!?! At least we have some where to go to voice an opinion.

I don't want to go into the basement and load up my PC and get into my sim wheel for this game. I bought it to have some fun on my XBox One sitting next to my wife playing on my monitor on the coffee table. NO where on the package did it say a wheel was necessary. It is for this game. I've tried the PC version on my set up downstairs and it's night and day to the XBox One version. It's a differant game. Please spare me the "what do you expect from a race sim"......put it on the box then. I wanted a sim experience at my console so I bought it for my console.

We (console users) paid the same amount of money and had the same high excitement level when the game was announced. I pre-ordered my two copies a year ago. We should get a similar experience.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 01:00
Definitely it WILL be playable on consoles by all players. Many guys on XB1 DO NOT have these issues and they are posting competitive times.

There is a software problem and a patch is being prepared, hopefully it can be released ASAP

mDaro
19-05-2015, 01:03
It doesn't matter how many times you come here and say "some users aren't having problems/issues". That does not matter to those of us that are. I paid the same amount of money as everyone else. I should have been warned about what this game was and I would have bought one copy for my PC and saved myself $60.00 and the aggravation.

Beamin
19-05-2015, 01:04
Definitely it WILL be playable on consoles by all players. Many guys on XB1 DO NOT have these issues and they are posting competitive times.

There is a software problem and a patch is being prepared, hopefully it can be released ASAP

I'm pretty sure that almost every post I have read from you has been thoughtful and legitimate.. So will you please send me in the direction of these players that are not having the issues that are apparent for most of us? I am top ten at Oulten and two other tracks, but that's because I have a pretty sturdy grip on the fundamentals of racing and have lots of seat time. Honestly, the game stinks, despite the fact that I have managed to put down good times. I'm not flaming. I just want to see what they are doing differently to not have the "problems." It almost seems impossible, but I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 01:06
this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26249-Would-like-to-say-thank-you&p=923945&viewfull=1#post923945) guy?

Patrik Marek
19-05-2015, 01:08
"this game was designed for wheels" I have to disagree with that statement,

I'm faster on gamepad then i'm on Fanatec CSW2, so it wasn't really designed for wheels,
it was designed for realistic driving, so that means you have to heat up your tires if you want to stay on the road, rain is slippery - having rain tires gives you better grip but those are not magical,

for me on ps4, I use the mode2, I reduce deadzone to 0 and reduce speed sensitivy to 50, those settings seem to give me precision and are quite fast to respond

I tired PS4 version for quite some time, and while I don't enjoy it as much as on PC (for some strange reason) it's not that much different , but I wouldn't call it un-playable by any means
but I haven't bought the XB1 version (since I heard about many issues and also since ps4 is more powerful console anyway)

i'm sure things will improve
release couldn't wait forever though, and sometimes releasing still buggy game is better then not releasign it at all
and not to make this any less valid, but every major game that releases on multiple platforms is buggy these days. GTA5 which is major AAA tiltle with much bigger budget and was released only on 2 consoles , not 2 consoles + pc, has also many bugs/problmes. and they postponed entire MP for few months

Beamin
19-05-2015, 01:09
this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26249-Would-like-to-say-thank-you&p=923945&viewfull=1#post923945) guy?

Oh.. Ok. Thanks anyway. I'm gonna stand in the shadows until the patch comes out.

Kulch
19-05-2015, 01:23
console games hold their price for quite some time, if he returns the game only to buy it again in 1 month, I would be very surprised it was cheaper at that point. maybe after 6 months
yes, XB1 version has most issues of the all verison, which is unfortunate but that's how things are,
patch is on th way to fix most critical issues,

maybe people who well initially very upset, once they fixed their "setup" they were glad they stayed around, for this game has lot to offer once things are working
but it's up to you if you want to wait or if you lost your trust in SMS

It depends on the region and the retail environment of the region. Ive seen console games end up half price within a month. All that is required is a bunch of customers return the game unhappy with its quality/working condition and then retail is stuck with an over supply of stock and then you bring in basic economics supply v demand and prices drop.

For the record I am happy with my setup, I can compete online (when I get a race), I can finish top 100 on the time trial thingys. But I cant do career mode with the AI not effected by the rain, the weather is pre determined. when it rains I restart the race knowing I cant compete with AI and on my restart the rain returns at exactly the same time in the race. This renders career mode broken. Im not going to drop the difficulty because if it doesn't rain I win by a minute.
Then I go online I may get a race or 2 then get booted from the lobby. My 15 online races v 7hrs played online indicates I am getting approx 2 races per hour, and these races are all short, so as you can see im wasting a lot of time searching for lobbys. Something I have never experienced before with other titles.
This leaves me with time trial and community events.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 01:29
"it was designed for realistic driving, so that means you have to heat up your tires if you want to stay on the road, rain is slippery - having rain tires gives you better grip but those are not magical

I love how how many of these replies point out how "we" don't know what it is to drive and race on a real track. Maybe you shouldn't assume we are all ignorant of actual track experience. Several of us have many years of actual track experience and know how to drive cars and how they handle and perform. It is getting really insulting to keep hearing how the game is designed for realistic driving and we should realize that. Next PCNA weekend I'll keep that in mind. Porsche Cup cars must be really easy to drive then............

Beamin
19-05-2015, 01:33
I love how how many of these replies point out how "we" don't know what it is to drive and race on a real track. Maybe you shouldn't assume we are all ignorant of actual track experience. Several of us have many years of actual track experience and know how to drive cars and how they handle and perform. It is getting really insulting to keep hearing how the game is designed for realistic driving and we should realize that. Next PCNA weekend I'll keep that in mind. Porsche Cup cars must be really easy to drive then............

Now, you are talking my language! I don't want to bring up any names, but I am so thankful for my exposure to PCA and Porsche Cup.

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 01:34
I think I can see it from both sides. To begin with I was livid, come on here whine a bit, get help, find what I'm looking for and apply it. Although it's a bit more bearable now, it's still tedious having to constantly jump back and forth to controller settings and tweak things, and try adjusting this, then that, then the other. Then take the other back and put more of that, then this, then back to the other. I think the game could be awesome, but I'd rather have paid for awesome straight away. Personally I'd rather see a delay and get it right than release and have it wrong. For me it's a bit wrong, and I feel that its probably more targeted and possibly been tested by wheel users. I just would have liked to have seen(especially after all the messing about I've had to go through) a default controller setting. Instead of Controller Input Mode and have a number value they could have been set to amateur, pro, and legend or something I don't know. A bit information on screen when you hover over different options would have been nice also. Theres a lot of ambiguity in the settings menus. I'm willing to keep messing about and seeing if I'll be able to get it to a point where I don't have an issue with anything, maybe I'll have to buy a wheel for that. Who knows though.

BoB-RossiL
19-05-2015, 01:36
Then I go online I may get a race or 2 then get booted from the lobby. My 15 online races v 7hrs played online indicates I am getting approx 2 races per hour, and these races are all short, so as you can see im wasting a lot of time searching for lobbys. Something I have never experienced before with other titles.

Try playing Ride online. It's an actual joke.

bc525
19-05-2015, 01:36
I don't think there's anything wrong with players coming here and venting their frustrations. In fact, some positive discussions (such as the Xbox controller set-up guide) have formed out of the problems players have been reporting. I haven't spent very much time playing PCARS yet so it does help me to read about issues that other players are uncovering. The game clearly has a lot of potential, and I'm hopeful that the upcoming patch will tackle the more serious issues for those affected.

Good to see that Bob RossiL appears to be sorting things out.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 01:51
I don't think there's anything wrong with players coming here and venting their frustrations. In fact, some positive discussions (such as the Xbox controller set-up guide) have formed out of the problems players have been reporting. I haven't spent very much time playing PCARS yet so it does help me to read about issues that other players are uncovering. The game clearly has a lot of potential, and I'm hopeful that the upcoming patch will tackle the more serious issues for those affected.

Good to see that Bob RossiL appears to be sorting things out.

Hopefully this teaches them that a short beta test on EVERY platform is necessary. I know they will get it sorted out and the game is magical with a wheel. Now just give me a taste of that with my controller.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 01:56
Oh.. Ok. Thanks anyway. I'm gonna stand in the shadows until the patch comes out.
Sorry, perhaps i misunderstood. Thought you were asking to speak with someone that is not having some of these problems on XB1 so i suggested one community member that seems to be doing better than the average. Perhaps PM him?

mDaro
19-05-2015, 02:00
Now, you are talking my language! I don't want to bring up any names, but I am so thankful for my exposure to PCA and Porsche Cup.

Hehehehe, guess I'm showing my age a bit. I still use the old PCNA. The man who made me fall in love with Porsche was Al Holbert many years ago at his dealership in Warrington. He was a great racer and a great guy. I will never forget sitting in the seat of 962-103. I've been a Porsche fan ever since that day. I keep the negatives of the pictures from that day in the fire proof lock box with the important paperwork. To me it is the single most important item I own.

WhiteNinja636
19-05-2015, 02:31
I think I can see it from both sides. To begin with I was livid, come on here whine a bit, get help, find what I'm looking for and apply it. Although it's a bit more bearable now, it's still tedious having to constantly jump back and forth to controller settings and tweak things, and try adjusting this, then that, then the other. Then take the other back and put more of that, then this, then back to the other. I think the game could be awesome, but I'd rather have paid for awesome straight away. Personally I'd rather see a delay and get it right than release and have it wrong. For me it's a bit wrong, and I feel that its probably more targeted and possibly been tested by wheel users. I just would have liked to have seen(especially after all the messing about I've had to go through) a default controller setting. Instead of Controller Input Mode and have a number value they could have been set to amateur, pro, and legend or something I don't know. A bit information on screen when you hover over different options would have been nice also. Theres a lot of ambiguity in the settings menus. I'm willing to keep messing about and seeing if I'll be able to get it to a point where I don't have an issue with anything, maybe I'll have to buy a wheel for that. Who knows though.

I completely agree with your original sentiments. I paid full retail value for a game that is only 85% finished then when I come on here confused and frustrated on why I'm struggling with this game so much I find hoards of other users in the same predicament. Im embarrassed for the developers, treating their paying customers as beta testers is incredibly inept.

the stig.
19-05-2015, 03:59
The only thing "broken" is 80% of this forum. What a bunch of whining crybabies. Like a bunch of spoiled brats who didn't get the shiny toy on Christmas morning. Let the patch come out and take it from there.

There's a sticky thread that fixes the controller issues until the patch comes out. Read it. Apply it. Have fun. I know it works, because I play this game with the lowly controller.

This game is a blast. It needs some tlc, but that's getting worked on. Let them work on it before you get your panties in a wad.

Patrik Marek
19-05-2015, 05:07

I wasn't saying that you or anyone else can't drive, I was stating some of not necessary obvious things to newcomers to the genre,
if you are veteran player, then you probably must spot that there is something wrong with the controls, rather then the game physics

and as you can see, I was correct about the OP, so i'm not shooting in the dark here. I do have some experience with the game, hence if someone is giving certain feedback, I could guess if he has actual problem, or if the game is what he didn't expect.

and speaking of you, yes on wheel it feels much better with default settings, especially on something like Fanatec CSW2,
however you could see how many threads there were about broken FFB x crappy physics

until people actually listen to advices from WMD members and surprisingly, they turn around and they experience improves a lot

it's not about snobbery or anything like that, we're here to help you, since we have been with the game for quite some time. Eventhough for consoles we're in the same boat as you guys.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 07:33
I wasn't saying that you or anyone else can't drive, I was stating some of not necessary obvious things to newcomers to the genre,
if you are veteran player, then you probably must spot that there is something wrong with the controls, rather then the game physics

and as you can see, I was correct about the OP, so i'm not shooting in the dark here. I do have some experience with the game, hence if someone is giving certain feedback, I could guess if he has actual problem, or if the game is what he didn't expect.

and speaking of you, yes on wheel it feels much better with default settings, especially on something like Fanatec CSW2,
however you could see how many threads there were about broken FFB x crappy physics

until people actually listen to advices from WMD members and surprisingly, they turn around and they experience improves a lot

it's not about snobbery or anything like that, we're here to help you, since we have been with the game for quite some time. Eventhough for consoles we're in the same boat as you guys.

You quoted me in your reply. If it wasn't directed at me then I apologize but you used my quote then went on to explain how the game is a driving simulator and needs to be driven differantly.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 07:50
The only thing "broken" is 80% of this forum. What a bunch of whining crybabies. Like a bunch of spoiled brats who didn't get the shiny toy on Christmas morning. Let the patch come out and take it from there.

There's a sticky thread that fixes the controller issues until the patch comes out. Read it. Apply it. Have fun. I know it works, because I play this game with the lowly controller.

This game is a blast. It needs some tlc, but that's getting worked on. Let them work on it before you get your panties in a wad.

The controller patch does not fix the issues. Let me explain, you obviously don't understand.

Take Oulten Park (though it happens on several tracks). We'll talk about turn 7-8-9 Britten's corner complex. As you break for turn 7 and begin to turn in and load the suspension there is a stutter in the physics engine during a race. As you head into the apex the game engine slows down causing a mid corner correction. The front of the car unloads and begins to understeer. Putting steering input and tapping the throttle to pull the the nose in ) Clio Cup cars) the physics engine catches up (you can even hear it as the engine noise freezes for a second, and you get a burst of acceleration through the midpoint of the corner causing for more steering correction and a stab at the brakes to pull the nose in further to make the corner. To the layman it looks like someone turning in twice to the corner missing the apex. Now because of the controller issues (I use setting 3 and have made all of the input changes) I can't put enough opposite lock to make the corner and have to brake even further.

These physics blips have nothing to do with the controller issues. Look around the forums and you will see videos of these issues on several differant tracks. Spa is a huge one. Oulten Park is a huge one and if its raining it magnifies the issue because now the AI is doing the same lap times as it was doing in the dry. The controller issues magnifys the problem and yes using some of the corrections helps this issue but it does not FIX IT.

I own two copies of the game. It is a MAGNIFICENT game on the PC with a wheel. It is a completely differant game and broken right now on the XBox One.

I'm glad the game is working for you but for a large portion of the people coming here it is not. They obviously care or they wouldn't take the time to come here. They and I are frustrated because we waited for over a year for this game. We were all excited and now the game is un-playable for many people. They have every right to come here and complain. Their panties are in a bunch because of all the problems with a game they paid money for that is obviously still in a beta state.

If you love the game and are having no problems then FANTATSTIC! Go play and stop coming here and insulting posters telling them they are children. These threads are for people who are having issues.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 12:03

Yeah Ive heard this alot actually, that the PS4 and PC versions are much closer to each other than the Xbox version. i have it on PC and Xbox and they are very very different. Mostly because of the FFB and bugs on Xbox. PC is a totally different experience right now. I think the upcoming patches will fix it piece by piece I just hope the majority of players have the patience to wait. Its gettin tough.

Patrik Marek
19-05-2015, 16:53
I also hope XB1 version gets fixed soon, however with consoles and updates it's not as easy as on PC. Updates need to be validated and tested by Sony/Microsoft, etc.

I could see where people will get frustrated and never load up the game again, but I also hope they will give it another try. This game is worth it