PDA

View Full Version : How do i progress beyond Superkarts?

Jweaver
19-05-2015, 00:04
This is probably. Stupid question, but how do i progress from SuperKarts?

I keep winning seasons and getting emails, but the dates are in the past. I have done one season in a Caterham (which 1 won) and was offered a single drive in a Focus.. But other than that, all i have in my calender is back to back SuperKart seasons... Everyting else is locked.

When do you start getting other classes?

Also, can you do multipe seasons at the same time? Or once you start, do you have to do EVERY race before you can choose something else?

Jon

trancend
19-05-2015, 00:29
Some of the invites unlock new calendar events (ie, GT5 races) that you can participate in, which I do for the experience and it breaks the monotony of the karts.

Other invites become available when the season is over. Im only in the second season of karts, so maybe after this season.

It could also be possible that your performance determines when the next "class" becomes available. I wasnt concentrating on winning my first few races so blew that seasons, but this one I try to win as much as possible with the difficulty as high as I can set it (60-80).

Id also try to shoot for first place finishes in practice, and more importantly qualifying, as this may help the progression.

Ill update this when I make it, sorry I couldnt give you anything definitive for now.

Torlies
19-05-2015, 01:57
when you finished all season sessions, the season will end and let you select a new contract. If you've done well, you will get Formula Rookie and Clio's career invitation for next season.
If you already done enough points and want to end superkart, you can just abandon the season than you will see the new contract you can select, based on your performance in this season.

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 10:35
Rubbish. Sorry but I'm winning all my events a getting invites left right and centre, season after season. NONE OF THE INVITES ARE ACTIVE, its like being under contract with Sony!

Jweaver
19-05-2015, 11:08
Rubbish. Sorry but I'm winning all my events a getting invites left right and centre, season after season. NONE OF THE INVITES ARE ACTIVE, its like being under contract with Sony!

This is why I am confused.. I have won 5 seasons of Karting now.. I had a one off drive in a Focus (Undrivable).. And was able to do a Caterham season.. But all I can do is Karts.

And weirdly, its August in my Calender.. But the mails I get are inviting me to events in April.. Something seems wrong to me...

Hazoptical
19-05-2015, 12:04
I am on Season 5 at the moment, spent first year on 150 carts, then 250 carts, then Clio, then Formula Gulf, and now I am on GT4.

I think this is where you are confused. A season is a calendar year which has several events throughout the year in your chosen class. During your cart season, or any season for that matter, you get invites into optional events, like your Caterham/Focus races. These are additional races that take place during the season, but are not part of your Cart tournament. The season only finishes once you have made it to the end of December.

You get optional race day invites etc as you progress through your chosen season, these are all accepted automatically. For any which the date is in the past, you will have to wait until next season to try the event. You can skip these optional events if you wish, and just do your chosen car class races if you like.

After the last events in December, the season will end. You then get usually 5 invites to chose from, for same team/class, or to move up a Tier or several tiers.

By the sounds of it, you haven't finshed season 1 yet. Hope this helps.

BORIStheBLADE1
19-05-2015, 12:07
Last night I finished my first 125 Kart season. Here is a picture of the end of season standings. I didn't receive any invites yet to another class. 203458

Pablo2008jedi
19-05-2015, 12:08
Last night I finished my first 125 Kart season. Here is a picture of the end of season standings. I didn't receive any invites yet to another class. 203458

So its December in your calendar?

BORIStheBLADE1
19-05-2015, 12:12
So its December in your calendar?

Not sure I get what you talking about.

Hazoptical
19-05-2015, 12:17
Go back to your Calendar and check which date you are on, you still have some optional races to either race or skip to get to the end of the calendar year/season. You only get invites for next season after you have finished or skipped last optional races in december.

Pablo2008jedi
19-05-2015, 12:21
Not sure I get what you talking about.

season is a calendar year, 1st January through to 31st December, until you reach the end of the year you won't get any new contracts to sign.

BORIStheBLADE1
19-05-2015, 12:23
season is a calendar year, 1st January through to 31st December, until you reach the end of the year you won't get any new contracts to sign.

Oh I see. Thanks man that helps a lot!!

Pablo2008jedi
19-05-2015, 12:25
Oh I see. Thanks man that helps a lot!!

No prob, Karts have several competitions throughout the year..so you'll have more Karting to do ;)

Jweaver
19-05-2015, 20:22
I dont believe it.. Finished another season of Karts... And so far have won every championship... A new year started.. I got a "welcome to Karts" intro and now i am back to a 125cc Series again.

I need to get away from Karts.. They are doing my head in.. Surely this isnt normal?

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 20:33

Nice avatar.

McKiernan
19-05-2015, 21:10
I am on Season 5 at the moment, spent first year on 150 carts, then 250 carts, then Clio, then Formula Gulf, and now I am on GT4.

I think this is where you are confused. A season is a calendar year which has several events throughout the year in your chosen class. During your cart season, or any season for that matter, you get invites into optional events, like your Caterham/Focus races. These are additional races that take place during the season, but are not part of your Cart tournament. The season only finishes once you have made it to the end of December.

You get optional race day invites etc as you progress through your chosen season, these are all accepted automatically. For any which the date is in the past, you will have to wait until next season to try the event. You can skip these optional events if you wish, and just do your chosen car class races if you like.

After the last events in December, the season will end. You then get usually 5 invites to chose from, for same team/class, or to move up a Tier or several tiers.

By the sounds of it, you haven't finshed season 1 yet. Hope this helps.

^^^ This.

I think some are confusing a championship with a season. A season is a full year while a championship is just a series of races, there may be a few championships in a season.

BORIStheBLADE1
20-05-2015, 00:09
Nice avatar.

My favorite bad guy. Thanks!

seamastergmt
20-05-2015, 04:05
It seems to me that this whole calendar thing needs to be sorted out. I am not 100% clear on career progression either...

OppaErich
20-05-2015, 07:52
It's easy, move on 'til you get new invites. I had to finish two years before I got a GT4 contract.

SL1DE
20-05-2015, 07:54
This is probably. Stupid question, but how do i progress from SuperKarts?

I keep winning seasons and getting emails, but the dates are in the past. I have done one season in a Caterham (which 1 won) and was offered a single drive in a Focus.. But other than that, all i have in my calender is back to back SuperKart seasons... Everyting else is locked.

When do you start getting other classes?

Also, can you do multipe seasons at the same time? Or once you start, do you have to do EVERY race before you can choose something else?

Jon

At the end of the season you get contract offers, offers for other series' will be there. Invitations are just invitations for other events to get away from racing the same thing all the time, they don't affect the outcome of your career and you can skip them.

Like, at the end of my Formula Rookie season, I got an offer for GT3, so I accepted that. The mid-season invitations are just other small cups you can race in if you want.