PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for update, actually enjoying it now with controller!

Arctic Cat ZRT
19-05-2015, 01:52
Just wanted to give a thanks to the developers for pushing out the update for the controller setup. I can actually play this game half decently :o I think it also helped that I got into some fun classes finally in the career. Just last night I was a bit disappointed about the game but after the update the game drives SO much better. Definitely set back the controls to default and give it a try, complete 180 for me.

Now I just have to work on turning the assists off... with time.

EDIT: There was no update, must have been getting used to the game/placebo effect. Sorry for Confusion

Outlier
19-05-2015, 01:55
are you saying the patch is out? I hope so!

Arctic Cat ZRT
19-05-2015, 01:56
I noticed a major difference when I played tonight, I could be wrong and I may just be getting used to the game. From what I gathered on the board and my own experience it seemed to be out but like I said I am not sure.

Outlier
19-05-2015, 02:07
I'm hoping to get on later so I'll check it out.

NVI0U5
19-05-2015, 02:11
Is the patch released?

Incredibike
19-05-2015, 02:11
But it was released the patch? Because I did not understand .....

Outlier
19-05-2015, 02:12
I don't think we know for sure

CPU M Rossi
19-05-2015, 02:20
I just rebooted my xbox1 and started project cars & was not asked to download a patch

HEF51
19-05-2015, 05:30
There has been no patch yet, someone either just added some assists on or they have some placebo going on.

freakinout
19-05-2015, 05:54
The placebo worked for me untill the rain.

menaceuk
19-05-2015, 07:14
There has been no patch yet, someone either just added some assists on or they have some placebo going on.

or the most likely cause, he is simply getting used to the way the game controls/feels in its current state.

Royall58
19-05-2015, 07:32
I've gotten used to the buggy handling and really like the game! Had so many great races, So I'm now scared I won't like the proper handling model when it gets released in the patch! hahaha!

OrenIshii BE
19-05-2015, 07:36
I've gotten used to the buggy handling and really like the game! Had so many great races, So I'm now scared I won't like the proper handling model when it gets released in the patch! hahaha!

I kinda fear the same thing,
But hey, look at the bright side, you'll have a new game to learn over again ;)

I too had some awesome races, online and even offline, but sometimes having terrible lag or frame-rate issues kills the enjoyment from time to time. Nothing that can't be fixed in the future.

Loochst3r
19-05-2015, 07:37
When the update does drop, this forum will be flooded with people that have found decent settings, or got used to how the controls are, moaning that the patch has broken their game lol.

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 07:50
When the update does drop, this forum will be flooded with people that have found decent settings, or got used to how the controls are, moaning that the patch has broken their game lol.

Thats seems to alway be the case, people get use to things, something gets changed, a few people dont like it, the rest relearn what was changed and move on.

Royall58
19-05-2015, 07:55
I will be that guy! :p I'll be asking for them to break it again

Arctic Cat ZRT
19-05-2015, 12:10
Just looked this morning, someone gave my a bad reputation point because I was wrong. Really? I made a mistake I'm sorry, thought the game updated.

Incredibike
19-05-2015, 12:13
Just looked this morning, someone gave my a bad reputation point because I was wrong. Really? I made a mistake I'm sorry, thought the game updated.

Next time before play, do not drink. :-)

MDH PYRO
19-05-2015, 12:17
Im guessing MS will be doing some quality control or summit like that with patch no doubt....hurry ya shizzle up ms ffs we need this to happen like yesterday

Outlier
19-05-2015, 14:33
yeah - I got a chance to play a little again last night and wanted to return this morning to post that I don't have any update. Oh well! Looking forward to it.

Vitamin R
19-05-2015, 14:49
The day one patch made it easy for me to get around using the pad with no assists. Now the engine blowing issue (which is probably my doing) needs to be addressed.

Outlier
19-05-2015, 14:53
So one of my friends blew their engine on a multiplayer race. I haven't seen it myself yet. I thought it was the result of an accident? But is this from over-revving your engine? Or downshifting too quickly?

Vitamin R
19-05-2015, 14:56
I know that damage will cause it to expire quickly. I have been safely up shifting as in not red lining at all. I will need to go back and look at the rpms during braking and downshifting. Could be something to that.

Adam.Freeman
19-05-2015, 14:59
I've blown the engine once in formula C with too much revs.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 15:01
So one of my friends blew their engine on a multiplayer race. I haven't seen it myself yet. I thought it was the result of an accident? But is this from over-revving your engine? Or downshifting too quickly?

It could be all three. Damage can affect your engine temps, causing the failure or it can be redlining or downshifting too quickly. Problem is on Xbox theres really no way to know. They need to incorporate a damage indicator when they can. On PC there are Apps you can sync with Pcars and get a detailed analysis of what caused what, so on Xbox you just need to be careful because the Pit communications wont tell you and theres no way to know. Be careful running with other cars is the best you can do for now, may even want to consider pitting after contact if you think it damaged engine components. Hope this helps!

Outlier
19-05-2015, 15:03
okay i've hit the rev limiter a very larger number of times without blowing the engine. Maybe I've damaged by not blown the engine or perhaps Ive been lucky so far. I wonder if damage comes more from downshifts???

Initia1 B
19-05-2015, 18:27
okay i've hit the rev limiter a very larger number of times without blowing the engine. Maybe I've damaged by not blown the engine or perhaps Ive been lucky so far. I wonder if damage comes more from downshifts???

I blew the enginge in a Mustang Cobra TA as a result of over revving by downshifting a tad early. Firstly I got a msg from my pit crew (1 man pit crew wey hey) along with unhealthy engine noise and then on my way to pitlane it gave up the ghost fully. Gotta say that I dig the realism this game shows at times.