PDA

View Full Version : Petition for SMS to fix Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps!!!

stugiiia
19-05-2015, 02:43
Please sign or reply if you would like see this course updated to have the start/finish line moved to it proper location after the chicane at Turns 19 and 20 and before Turn 1 La Source. Currently they have it located after Turn 2 and right before the "Eau Rouge" complex of Turns 3,4, and 5. Please look at fixing this error.

Dasidnii
19-05-2015, 02:55
That's where it's supposed to be......

HEF51
19-05-2015, 02:59
There are bigger fish to fry son.

wearymick
19-05-2015, 03:07
He's right though. Should be in the short straight leading to La Source. At least that's where I remember it being. Not sure why they would have moved it. Maybe to avoid the carnage?

CPU M Rossi
19-05-2015, 03:17
it may not be correct for the layout as it is now but it was there before the track was changed.
"The start/finish line, which was originally on the downhill straight before Eau Rouge, was moved to the straight before the La Source hairpin in 1981."

z3r0cool77
19-05-2015, 03:33
I assumed it was simply used differently depending on the class racing. I know F1 uses the upper line and assumed the lower classes used the lower one.

stugiiia
19-05-2015, 03:38
There are bigger fish to fry son.
You're right there are bigger fish, but with the controller patch coming and no relief in sight for other major bugs it would be nice for them to live up to their claim of being accurate.

dustyjo
19-05-2015, 03:41
Don't GT races use the start-finish line that's in the game now?

eracerhead
19-05-2015, 03:46
I believe they do. I doubt the game engine supports two distinct start/finish lines atm, so if they had to choose I believe they picked the right one for the majority of the cars in-game.

Naturally, if such tech becomes available in the future I would support the suggestion (not a petition) that they consider moving the start line for Formula A races..

dustyjo
19-05-2015, 03:47
It is kinda weird that the game uses the F1 pitlane and not the old GT one though.

stugiiia
19-05-2015, 04:47
Why is why I "suggested" the start/finish be adjusted. I honestly prefer it where it currently is at, but the current location doesn't feel right as the pits are for the F1 races. The current location is in the middle of the track day/ GT pits that are not used in the sim.

Toes 4u
19-05-2015, 06:51
Don't GT races use the start-finish line that's in the game now?

Yes, Blancpain GT and British GT races do, WEC and Formula 1 don't.

Doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to have both. However, I would still put it to the absolute bottom of the list of things that need looking at.

OrenIshii BE
19-05-2015, 07:07
It doesn't really bother me tho, and i'm from belgium.
I'm super happy that i have it in the game, and zolder too :)

There are a few things not representing real life, like some logo work on the cars, a few "fictional" tracks.
An alternate startline on worlds best track is the least of my worries.

menaceuk
19-05-2015, 07:26
I actually prefer the start/finish line where it is.

mDaro
19-05-2015, 07:54
I believe they do. I doubt the game engine supports two distinct start/finish lines atm, so if they had to choose I believe they picked the right one for the majority of the cars in-game.

Naturally, if such tech becomes available in the future I would support the suggestion (not a petition) that they consider moving the start line for Formula A races..

This.

stugiiia
19-05-2015, 09:55
An alternate startline on worlds best track is the least of my worries.

Well they have the Leguna Seca start/finish in the correct spot, and there isn't an alternate start for the course. hehehe :cool: you correct it is nice having Spa in another racing game.

Mr Akina
19-05-2015, 10:16
The finish line at Donington is way off, there's something wrong with the game.

The finish line at Silverstone isn't at the start of the start/finish straight, like it is in real life.. it's the same with many Grand Prix tracks, The start and finish line are different - games can't handle that though and for 99% of the audience it doesn't matter or would take too much explaining as to why they are different. Spa-Francorchamps obviously has a couple of different layouts and although it would be great to have both, I like the more traditional finish line - maybe that's to suit the forthcoming 'Historic' layout DLC?

RoccoTTS
19-05-2015, 10:30
Yes, Blancpain GT and British GT races do, WEC and Formula 1 don't.
This is correct, and the Blancpain GT at the 24h uses the both pitlanes together. And i know this because i go to the 24h de Spa for more than 20 years now.

Toes 4u
19-05-2015, 10:37
You lucky, lucky person... I am very jealous. :(

mister dog
19-05-2015, 10:46
Nothing more glorious than having the finish line with a view on the Raidillon.
GT wise this is also correct as that's where the real cars start. So nothing needs to be fixed IMO.

Revvin
19-05-2015, 10:47
For the majority of cars in the game its in the right place, maybe at some point they might add an alternate layout but I don't find it a big problem, more of a future feature option than a bug that requires fixing as the title of the thread suggests.

Beagle Five
19-05-2015, 11:46
Its right as it is! Please dont change it! Its a classic start that got changed when they built the new F1 paddock, but its much better to see radillion, as the uphill turn is really called.

Initia1 B
19-05-2015, 15:28
Kinda still on topic, I've noticed the lap timing at Donnington doesn't tie in with the start/finish line but rather the end of pitlane (ish). Anyone know the reason for this, is it supposed to be that way or is it another dropped ball?

Mr Akina
19-05-2015, 15:30
Kinda still on topic, I've noticed the lap timing at Donnington doesn't tie in with the start/finish line but rather the end of pitlane (ish). Anyone know the reason for this, is it supposed to be that way or is it another dropped ball?

It's been mentioned. It's definitely a coding error.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 15:34
This is correct, and the Blancpain GT at the 24h uses the both pitlanes together. And i know this because i go to the 24h de Spa for more than 20 years now.

Absolutely true. I also attended the Blancpain 24 hours last year as part of my company team who were racing there. The start/finish is where it's supposed to be for GT3.

Initia1 B
20-05-2015, 15:24

Cheers for clearing that up for me.

Plato99
20-05-2015, 16:08
it may not be correct for the layout as it is now but it was there before the track was changed.
"The start/finish line, which was originally on the downhill straight before Eau Rouge, was moved to the straight before the La Source hairpin in 1981."

He's right you know....

Plato99
20-05-2015, 16:10
Hows about putting the original Spa circuit in instead please?
Got to be easier than moving the start on the new Poundland version ;)

Roger Prynne
20-05-2015, 16:41
No it's not a coding error..lol... but I forget the reason for it at the moment.... I'll try and find out.

fangiojr
20-05-2015, 17:00
Hows about putting the original Spa circuit in instead please?
Got to be easier than moving the start on the new Poundland version ;)

The reason is because the HISTORIC SPA will be released in a dlc.

Untwist your panties everyone!