PDA

View Full Version : The AI is unaffected by...

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 11:32
EDIT/ where has the rest of this thread gone? I never started this thread with this post??

If its too hard to implement tyre physics to AI then why not just slow their overall driving down to certain percentages as the race progresses, same for adverse weather conditions. If they remain super fast all the time then what's the point in racing against them at all?

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 12:28
If its too hard to implement tyre physics to AI then why not just slow their overall driving down to certain percentages as the race progresses, same for adverse weather conditions. If they remain super fast all the time then what's the point in racing against them at all?

That's similar to what SMS is investigating. Give them a little time. Doug, one of the leads, posted it was going to take some time to investigate the issue and see what could be done. Have a little patience.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 12:38
That's similar to what SMS is investigating. Give them a little time. Doug, one of the leads, posted it was going to take some time to investigate the issue and see what could be done. Have a little patience.

I am patient, I didn't start the thread, I just merely suggested a workaround.

Why is it that WMD members seem far more condescending than regular members, especially when replying to regular members. This info is not freely available to us regular members so I bet I'm not the only one getting fed up of being talked down to, hushed and generally told to be patient etc. If more development info regarding future fixes was available to us we probably wouldn't be asking so many questions.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 12:43
You have to remember we were told the game was 98% finished when it was last delayed and that the delay would enable the polishing to be done, so it's a bit of a shock when we all get here and find basic things like balanced AI and working SLI support is clearly not finished. We were in the dark regarding all this so as far I'm concerned we are allowed to ask questions about the game because as yet there has not been much official response to what is being fixed and what is not.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 12:44

Why is it that WMD members seem far more condescending than regular members, especially when replying to regular members. This info is not freely available to us regular members so I bet I'm not the only one getting fed up of being talked down to, hushed and generally told to be patient etc. If more development info regarding future fixes was available to us we probably wouldn't be asking so many questions.

Doug posted in the AI thread last week (and yes this is a new thread you started). Maybe you meant to reply in the other thread rather than start a new thread.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:45

Because they are more equal than us! Nothing like a nice superiority complex to help a patronising and condescending response.

Fortunately that doesn't appear to have transferred to the Devs (with 1 notable exception) or the Mods.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 12:48
I actually did NOT start this thread, it must have been merged or whatever by a mod, I 100% did not start this thread at all. The original first post of this thread was started by another member who started off by listing a load of things the the AI were unaffected by.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 12:52
I think the mods only merged the first page of this thread to somewhere else, leaving this page behind for some unknown reason.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 12:54
Post #232 in the AI Discussion thread was actually the original post in this thread and the thread starter, all I did was reply to it.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 12:54
Here's the post from SMS in case it was missed before:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-(all-platforms)&p=906056&viewfull=1#post906056

They will come up with a solution.

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 12:56
I actually did NOT start this thread, it must have been merged or whatever by a mod, I 100% did not start this thread at all. The original first post of this thread was started by another member who started off by listing a load of things the the AI were unaffected by.

Correct this thread has been running for a while, this guy did not start it

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 13:07
Correct this thread has been running for a while, this guy did not start it
Thank you.

SIlMPLIClITY
19-05-2015, 17:57
Hi, I started this thread. Why did the admins delete almost all of my posts? I posted this last night with detailed descriptions as to how to AI acts. Did I say something I wasn't allowed to say?

Edit: To Majik/ WMD member:

I made this thread because I was unsure if it was talked about. I was not going to scan through the forums and find if someone had talked about my incident. If anything it should be the admins/moderators responsibility to say: "Hi SIlMPLIClITY, this issue has already been brought up thank you for your addition to the issue." That's it that's all it takes. Be nice.

Edit 2: The link you gave only talked about weather. I talked about rumble strips, offroad, and tires. Rumble strips can cause you to spinout, AI doesn't slow down on offroad, and warm/cold worn/new tires don't affect the AI. Instead of deleting the posts it really would have been nice if you had just left it there and closed the thread, or atleast copy and paste it into that AI thread......

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 18:04
Hi, I started this thread. Why did the admins delete almost all of my posts? I posted this last night with detailed descriptions as to how to AI acts. Did I say something I wasn't allowed to say?

Edit: To Majik/ WMD member:

I made this thread because I was unsure if it was talked about. I was not going to scan through the forums and find if someone had talked about my incident. If anything it should be the admins/moderators responsibility to say: "Hi SIlMPLIClITY, this issue has already been brought up thank you for your addition to the issue." That's it that's all it takes. Be nice.

My guess is that the current OP was posting in this thread when the mods where merging your post into this one:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-(all-platforms)

and the forum just got crossed up. Your post is in that thread.