PDA

View Full Version : Using headphones with Thurstmaster Wheel

2000Viper
19-05-2015, 06:33
Seems as in Forza I can only use Kinect for my online mic. I have a headset and controllers and plug the headset into the controller. . Can anyone help with how to get my headphones working properly in multiplayer while using the TM Wheel??

Touc
19-05-2015, 06:43
I always sign into the xbox with my wheel and controller, then plug the headset into the controller and leave the controller plugged into one of the usb ports on my xbox ( so it doesn't turn off ). Its a bit cumbersome but it works

2000Viper
20-05-2015, 07:46
I have not been plugging mine into the xbox I will try that.

skijumptoes
20-05-2015, 08:20
I've not got a wheel yet, but reading Touc's post, i think the key is to sign into your live profile on BOTH controller and wheel - the plugging in to usb is to prevent the controller from switching off due to inactivity (I think?)

kangooman
20-05-2015, 10:45
The above posts are correct.
Connect your wheel to the usb on the console.
Switch on console via xbox button on the console.
After its all up and running simply connect your xbox controller to console via usb.
I found the controller does not work, but the sound and mike all work great.

You have to use the usb connection for the controller otherwise the controller will keep shutting down because of inactivity..

chris_davis
06-01-2016, 23:58
I think Touc is correct. I have never got a wheel. My cousin in toronto has got one If you still haven't solved the problem I can ask him.But it sounds like that is the correct way. Which head phone's are using by the way. I am planning to get a audiophile from Bay Bloor Radio. It looks really cool.

nissan4ever
07-01-2016, 02:37
If you don't mind dropping $300 on the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets. They are completely wireless & has Bluetooth to connect to your smart phone & tablet (can be connected to 2 devices at the same time with Bluetooth). So I use mine to chat wireless online with Xbox Live & talk on phone/hear Crew Chief for Project CARS app while racing.

However, that headset isn't a option for everyone.

ashasha
07-01-2016, 04:19
There is a guide for using the controller as a mic with the TX here:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=12&fid=83&pid=366&cid=6

OpticalHercules
07-01-2016, 05:45
holy necropost!