PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam with no helmet - that's blinking perfect!

R2Dom2
19-05-2015, 07:04
Discovered a lovely feature last night that has further endeared this game to me. I'm on my 3rd season racing an GT4 Aston Martin V8, cockpit view, hud off. The view was a little 'small', the windscreen was a bit too far away is what I'm getting at. So thought I'd tinker with the POV settings, in car view was set to 100. Then noticed the helmet view was set to 80, so yeah try changing the 100 to 80. I like the helmet view leaning but not the restriction the image of the hemet has on the screen. BUT then saw a setting that turned the image of the helmet off.
I was a happy chappie with the result. Fuller screen, I love the leaning / looking at the apex the helmet view gives with no image. Superb. Can't wait to try messing with the other settings, a little camera shake and gforce leaning would be nice. I was just so impressed I was able to make such granular changes on a console!
Now, in a perfect world I'd be able to adjust my seat in the pause menu...
I've been playing about a week now, and this is awesome. Formula Rookie, Ginetta Junior and now GT4. AI up to 60% last night. I've barely scratched the surface and loving it.
If anyone has some recommended settings for the helmet cam feedback, or POV speed adjustment, I'd value your feedback.

RAVEracer
19-05-2015, 09:05
I might give this a go actually ;) Btw, is there a way to turn off/down the blurring that happens when building speed in helmet view? I wanna see my mirrors properly :)

Brocass
19-05-2015, 09:34
There is a camera shake option on PC so should imagine it's on consoles too, and you can also disable blur completely in helmet cam..

Star_Scream_101
19-05-2015, 11:39
Discovered a lovely feature last night that has further endeared this game to me. I'm on my 3rd season racing an GT4 Aston Martin V8, cockpit view, hud off. The view was a little 'small', the windscreen was a bit too far away is what I'm getting at. So thought I'd tinker with the POV settings, in car view was set to 100. Then noticed the helmet view was set to 80, so yeah try changing the 100 to 80. I like the helmet view leaning but not the restriction the image of the hemet has on the screen. BUT then saw a setting that turned the image of the helmet off.
I was a happy chappie with the result. Fuller screen, I love the leaning / looking at the apex the helmet view gives with no image. Superb. Can't wait to try messing with the other settings, a little camera shake and gforce leaning would be nice. I was just so impressed I was able to make such granular changes on a console!
Now, in a perfect world I'd be able to adjust my seat in the pause menu...
I've been playing about a week now, and this is awesome. Formula Rookie, Ginetta Junior and now GT4. AI up to 60% last night. I've barely scratched the surface and loving it.
If anyone has some recommended settings for the helmet cam feedback, or POV speed adjustment, I'd value your feedback.

It's just about possible to assign buttons to seat fwd/back/up/down and tilt up/down and still have enough buttons left for the mandatory items. This means you sacrifice other things (like being able to look around or adjusting brake balance on the fly) but it's worth doing when you're chasing the perfect view.

Like you, I use the helmet cam, without the helmet and view at 80.

I also turned off the option where it blurs focus etc. Whilst it looked appealing, it was tricky to read the dashboard etc.!

QPRLad
19-05-2015, 11:45
R2Dom2 - Can you post a screen shot of the view, I currently play on roof cam and struggled a bit online when I couldn't change the view.
Before i mess around and find myself staring at the pedals instead of the road, it would be good to see your view to see if its worth it?

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 11:46
Helmet DOF = OFF will disable that blurring

andyscott
19-05-2015, 11:56
I use it like this too, especially great where you're close to the screen/TV! I've also disabled the wheel and now my own hands & wheel are in just the right spot!

assign buttons to seat fwd/back/up/down and tilt up/down...

Nice idea! I was wondering about this last night; Shame I've already had lunch, I'd be out the door to give it a try!

In fact, the main thing I miss on the wheel is not having the analog stick to look around.

@QPRLad - I think there's a reset defaults option if you don't like your changes.

R2Dom2
19-05-2015, 12:31
Right, will definately turn off the blur (thanks Umer Ahmad) try the camera shake and POV speed/zoom. Does anyone know, if I try re-map the seat adjustments to try to get the perfect view, are those settings applied globally to all cars, or applied per car?

Brocass
19-05-2015, 12:52
Globally.

R2Dom2
19-05-2015, 12:56
Globally.
Great, thanks for the clarification.

bent_toe
19-05-2015, 13:07
Globally.

Wrong.
You have to adjust seats for every car.

Brocass
19-05-2015, 17:04
Oh damn, you're correct, it is per car. Sorry about that!