PDA

View Full Version : Worked for me.........

andybell
19-05-2015, 07:45
Morning all,

I bought the game for XBone on Saturday (disc) and had the terrible frame rate issue, stuttering, lag, steering locking issues etc, etc. I tried moving the game to my internal storage and that didn't fix anything (originally installed on external drive).

After reading a few of the posts on here I decided to try something else, I moved the game back to my WD 2TB external hard drive, set steering deadzone to 0, changed the power setting on my console to energy saving, turned it off and back on again. That seemed to massively improve everything.

Before I made the change I had done the Clio Cup Championship (with all the above mentioned issues) I then made the change and accepted an offer for Formula Gulf. I made it through Practice/Qualifying/Races without any frame rate issues or steering issues, it was like a different game.

I just did a Formula C practice session this morning before work and everything still seemed fine, no issues to report.................well apart from randomly being thrown into the wall at the pit exit of Snetterton for no apparent reason :culpability: Everything in the practice session went fine after that though.

I think I might try starting it again and see if the Clio Cup Championship is any better with the above settings.

AndyBee.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 11:57
Nice, glad to hear its improved for you. As mentioned in my signature below I have a 1TB HDD at 7400 rpm that I downloaded Pcars to from the beginning and while I do get some FPS drops every hear and there, (its mostly track/number or AI dependent.) I havent gotten the gamebreaking screen tears and freezing a lot of others have. I also dont use instant on anymore, I hard shut down (Hold Power Button for 10 Sec.) the console every night, as im sure your xbox now does since its in Power Save mode. It seems the faster HDD speed and cache clearing helps so hopefully this helps others and Devs figure it out.

That said Multiplayer is a different animal. It freezes when someone enters/leaves at times, gets stuttering/FPS Lag cars glitch. but thats a whole other story. In single player Ive had little to no problems as far as thats concerned. The FFB still needs fixing but the settings im using now are a good bandaid til then.:)

LextersQuest
20-05-2015, 11:41
Morning all,

I bought the game for XBone on Saturday (disc) and had the terrible frame rate issue, stuttering, lag, steering locking issues etc, etc. I tried moving the game to my internal storage and that didn't fix anything (originally installed on external drive).

After reading a few of the posts on here I decided to try something else, I moved the game back to my WD 2TB external hard drive, set steering deadzone to 0, changed the power setting on my console to energy saving, turned it off and back on again. That seemed to massively improve everything.

Before I made the change I had done the Clio Cup Championship (with all the above mentioned issues) I then made the change and accepted an offer for Formula Gulf. I made it through Practice/Qualifying/Races without any frame rate issues or steering issues, it was like a different game.

I just did a Formula C practice session this morning before work and everything still seemed fine, no issues to report.................well apart from randomly being thrown into the wall at the pit exit of Snetterton for no apparent reason :culpability: Everything in the practice session went fine after that though.

I think I might try starting it again and see if the Clio Cup Championship is any better with the above settings.

AndyBee.

Very interesting. Wen i cleaned up my xbox and reinstalled game i also use savepower mode. I was able to play for 2 hours without any problems then it froze for first time. I play in carreer on 100% sessionlengt.
Only thing i havnt tried is an external drive. Dont have one at the moment.
Like to hear if after playing few hours straight the problem of freezing is staying away.
Hopefully the Dev are starting to find why this is hapening.

RubberDave
20-05-2015, 11:53
XBox One has had issues with instant on mode since day on, I totally recommend energy saving mode.

OrenIshii BE
20-05-2015, 11:59
XBox One has had issues with instant on mode since day on, I totally recommend energy saving mode.

I can't say i don't have issues, but i'm running xbox in standby mode, and have been able to play the game,
i do have lag and framerate stutters from time to time, but no freezing etc....

I do EXIT the game (on dashboard) everytime i stop playing.
If i don't do that, and jump back in, the next race won't start, and i'll be left with a loading screen.

GRD 4 3L
20-05-2015, 15:02
I love standby mode therefore it is on all the time and no major issues.

I do QUIT all other running apps and also try to re-start PCARS. Otherwise, there have been hang ups.

Wondering = why does saving controller settings or any other settings take such a long time (up to 30 seconds)?

z3r0cool77
20-05-2015, 16:24
Problem with PCars seems to be that with it never turns off when the console is in stand-by mode. Like EVER. Even shutting down for the night and coming back the next day it still tries to pick up where it left off. (I suppose that's what's supposed to happen however,) Combine that with the fact that Pcars starts stuttering more and more the longer it's running and you end up having to perform hard resets just to get it running smoothly again. Since I've set my console to power save and the game is actually getting shut down regularly I haven't had to do any more hard resets. The stuttering still creeps up after a while but it usually takes long enough to start getting bad that I've had my fill for the moment anyway.

Elmo
20-05-2015, 16:27
That is interesting feedback, thanks. I'll ping the devs, this could potentially help to nail down the problem.

beetes_juice
20-05-2015, 16:37
Problem with PCars seems to be that with it never turns off when the console is in stand-by mode. Like EVER. Even shutting down for the night and coming back the next day it still tries to pick up where it left off. (I suppose that's what's supposed to happen however,) Combine that with the fact that Pcars starts stuttering more and more the longer it's running and you end up having to perform hard resets just to get it running smoothly again. Since I've set my console to power save and the game is actually getting shut down regularly I haven't had to do any more hard resets. The stuttering still creeps up after a while but it usually takes long enough to start getting bad that I've had my fill for the moment anyway.

Dk if this helps Xbone or not but I do not like how it can leave games open. Rule of thumb, (looks like your doing this now) shutdown games/apps with the quit option in the home screen when finished.

Snowowl
20-05-2015, 17:53
NOTE on the in-game screen: "Project CARS uses an auto-save feature. Please do not turn off your Xbox One console or exit the game when you see this symbol. (down-arrow and box in lower-left corner)"

Save your game situation, use the Big X button (controller or wheel) to move back to the main screen in the Xbox One Dashboard, then use the multi-horizontal lined button (formerly "START" on Xbox 360) to bring up the menu and select Quit. Now you're ready to shut down the console or do something else with Project CARS properly saved/exited.

Benja190782
20-05-2015, 19:07
NOTE on the in-game screen: "Project CARS uses an auto-save feature. Please do not turn off your Xbox One console or exit the game when you see this symbol. (down-arrow and box in lower-left corner)"

Save your game situation, use the Big X button (controller or wheel) to move back to the main screen in the Xbox One Dashboard, then use the multi-horizontal lined button (formerly "START" on Xbox 360) to bring up the menu and select Quit. Now you're ready to shut down the console or do something else with Project CARS properly saved/exited.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try that later..

z3r0cool77
20-05-2015, 21:37
Dk if this helps Xbone or not but I do not like how it can leave games open. Rule of thumb, (looks like your doing this now) shutdown games/apps with the quit option in the home screen when finished.

Have started doing that as well. Anything to keep the game from running when I'm not actually racing. The more recently the game has been started the smoother it always seems to be. Starting to miss the Stig though, he hasn't said a word since the end of season one :(
(already being worked on I know, somehow that little bit of occasional chatter does a lot for the experience)