PDA

View Full Version : Career invitational events

iamthenight
19-05-2015, 09:11
so they give me invitational events lets say tc euro championship. i won accolade, next year its available again. why doesnt it vanish after its done, now i had to constantly check if ive doe that event , more clicks time waste, booooring.

danowat
19-05-2015, 09:15
so they give me invitational events lets say tc euro championship. i won accolade, next year its available again. why doesnt it vanish after its done, now i had to constantly check if ive doe that event , more clicks time waste, booooring.

Come on man, it's really not that hard to click past it, what if the game made it vanish but you fancied driving it again in a following year?

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 09:21
You don't have to do any of the invitational events, ever, if you so chose, you can just skip them all
Once open, they will appear every year, it's there permanently, should you chose to enter.

And don't take this the wrong way, but, it's just a little sad to see someone worrying more about ticking boxes for the accolades, than enjoying the racing..

iamthenight
19-05-2015, 10:05
well in order to complete this achievement One More For The Road (Earned all other Trophies/Achievements) i must do them all right?

DozUK
19-05-2015, 10:30
And don't take this the wrong way, but, it's just a little sad to see someone worrying more about ticking boxes for the accolades, than enjoying the racing..

To be fair, if it's in the game, it's in the game. I don't bother with it myself, but if that's that attitude why put it in, in the first place? Maybe that's how some people enjoy the game, each to their own

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 11:02
well in order to complete this achievement One More For The Road (Earned all other Trophies/Achievements) i must do them all right?

If that's what you want to do, yes, you need to collect them all for that achievement.

Do you happen to own and old fashioned pen and piece of paper (I do know people who don't actually have them now).... you could always write a list to save having to flick through the menus (and yes, I've done just that plenty of times in games)

Also I assume you know that the quick menu (the icon to the left of the close button, top right) get's you to the profile overview without having to back out of the calendar (can be accessed via the start button on an Xbox 360 pad..)

To be fair, if it's in the game, it's in the game. I don't bother with it myself, but if that's that attitude why put it in, in the first place? Maybe that's how some people enjoy the game, each to their own

It's in because that's apparently what people want from games.. the kudos of the 100% completion (yeah, I don't get it either)

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 12:14
Why would you want it to disappear? It's an annual event.. Do it or not.

iamthenight
19-05-2015, 15:24
at least it could have some mark near it if u have completed it.

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 15:29

have you posted it in the feature suggestions area... as I don't recall ever seeing that as a suggestion anywhere

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 15:55
I dunno - If it gets marked as competed I think the whole premise of this unique (to me)career mode starts to be come lost and same old same old. It could use some refinements to make the experience more immersive. Like if I won the race I should be recognized as a defending champ the next go round. Rivalries would be nice as well (but not critical).

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 16:00
A mark against it is a good idea but to remove it isn't, I've really enjoyed a few of these events and will certainly do some again, yearly events take place in real life and people enter them time and time again

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 16:58
How do you enter an invitational? I have the email but don't see how to accept it!

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 17:05
How do you enter an invitational? I have the email but don't see how to accept it!
Just look for it on the calendar. When the date arrives you can enter. Note sometimes the events are for the next year of the date already passed.

Bailey
19-05-2015, 17:10

That's a nice idea. Maybe a number saying what place what you came in last time.
~Bailey