PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst GT3

Danno
19-05-2015, 09:35
Any tips for Bathurst. My favourite track. I have increased spring stiffness, and negative camber. Still chasing 3-4 seconds.

JeyD02
19-05-2015, 12:33
Actually since it's very bumpy.; you want to.

Increase the ride height quite a portion for the middle section huge bump to swallow it. Soften a bit both front and rear suspension.
Decrease bump stop (height)

If car is quite bumpy ;
Stiffen fast bump rebound (rear and front)
If not, then soften them.

If the car has a tendency to wobble or isn't stable going in corners;
Stiffen slow bump
If not, soften them

If car has tendency to oversteer during mid and exit corners ;
Stiffen front slow rebound - harden rear slow rebound
*If it understeer quite a bit ;
Soften front - Stiffen back

If the above happens on mid and fast corner even with gas lift off then:
To counter oversteer : harden front spring rate - soften rear / increase rear aero downforce
" " understeer ; soften front - harden rear /increase front aero downforce

In slow corner (the may factor here is the rear) : sway bar or ARB
Car oversteer : increase a bit front(not to much) - reduce rear
Understeer? : decrease front (not to much) - increase rear

For braking ;
Unstable on rear (is shaking) ; increase decel lock
Back end slides when hard breaking ; move front bias / break balance to front
Front ties locks and can't turn ; move break bias/balance to rear

Diffs*
General understeer while having Gas pressed; reduce accel lock in deferentials
Understeer when gad is lift to? (not enough steering radius); reduce decel lock

General lack of power at exit corner ; increase accel lock

Gearing ;
Just before the end of the the fastest straight line of the track the last gear has to be on red zone. So adjust final drive accordingly.

For tire pressure ;
For longer tracks you want more pressure (but not too much) check that the tires Temps are about even.

Camber and toe

Camber is usually within - 2.6 <> - 1.5 front and - 2.3 <> -0.8 rear. Depends cars and track.
But checking the telemetry, increase (negative value) as much Camber while having about even tire Temps on ext, center and Interior.

For toe front open (negative value) it helps turn in into corners easly. Don't adjust too much toe in as it causes instability in straight line.
For rear least it within 0.0 <> 2.0

Quick Edit: i noticed that the huge BUMP its better to have enough STIFFness on the suspension so ti doesn't bounce the car off. also make sure slow bump and fast bump are somewhat balanced as well. if not youll end up spinning and loosing traction.

yusupov
19-05-2015, 16:19
3-4 seconds, you might be losing all of that not bc of setup but bc you arent taking the mountain as fast you could.

i spent a day figuring id tackle bathurst got the non-mountain sections fine, got uphill decent, cresting decent, but downhill i just couldnt do as fast, you have to have a lot of faith/knowledge & unfortunately maybe skill..check emptybox @ bathurst iracing gt3 video to see how fast he goes down the mountain, to me its crazy & i lose all my time right there.

Danno
19-05-2015, 21:23
Thanks for the tips. I thought I was quite quick across the top. Obviously more grip would allow higher corner speeds.

DUST2DEATH
19-05-2015, 21:26
Thanks for the tips. I thought I was quite quick across the top. Obviously more grip would allow higher corner speeds.

Bathurst is a tough balance of speed/grip.

If you go to much grip to gain across the top of the mountain, you are going to suffer on both straights. Aim for getting Turn 2 and the run across the mountain up to the dipper right. All thats left to learn is the actual dip which depending on what GT3 car, some are a boat through there and its very easy to lose all your time.

Biggest thing about Bathurst is to get your car extremely balanced so you can trail brake, if you arent balanced well, the walls say hello.

Danno
19-05-2015, 23:20
I have done a 2.10 in the McLaren but i have seen some do 2.07 that is quick in a GT3 car.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 23:35
how's your braking? Usually the fastest guys brake incredibly late

Sanchez
20-05-2015, 00:49
My quickest time without any car setup changes in a GT3 (The Zonda though) was a 2:02.5 with a controller. I did change my controller settings around for that car @ Bathurst which shaved off a couple of seconds on my previous best time.

Can definitely make up some time at the top of the mountain but not with the standard setup, I just cant plant the power through there smoothly. Always feel the need to back off. Will give some of those car setup suggestions a go. I did have a tinker around but i felt it make the car worse lol

yusupov
20-05-2015, 05:20
zonda is very much not a gt3-spec :) still that sounds like a pretty good time, although this year actual gt3 cars were doing times near that fast, i think 2:05s were common

Sanchez
20-05-2015, 05:43
Lol i know... but from memory it's under the GT category when you go to car select menu in the time trial isn't it? The top time in the Zonda is a 1:58.xx. Ridiculous!

CplHapp
20-05-2015, 10:34
For Bathurst, the Hill Section is key.
You can get about 1 - 2 seconds on the Uphill and Downhill, another 1,5 seconds can be made with a very good exit from the Dipper.
Drive as many laps as you can. Learn how wide your car is so you can plant it very close to the walls on the Up/Downhill.
Don't be frustrated just keep driving ;)

Danno
20-05-2015, 11:28
Did a 2.09 today in the McLaren 12c and a 2.035 in a Zonda. Both felt a bit loose down the mountain though. A bit skaty on the brakes at skyline. Getting there. Need a few more tweaks to get anymore time off I reckon.

Joni Varis
20-05-2015, 12:51
Default setups atleast on Mclaren & Aston are good enough for low 2.06, maybe even for high 2.05. Just did few laps with aston ( default setup) and got 2.06.2 with lap that was far from perfect.

ThePla7Maker
20-05-2015, 13:00
try using a ghost on time trial and see where your losing the time. people who are setting these high times are pretty much pros and have played racing games for years , all their lines are perfect.

Shnoo
20-05-2015, 13:12
Default setups atleast on Mclaren & Aston are good enough for low 2.06, maybe even for high 2.05. Just did few laps with aston ( default setup) and got 2.06.2 with lap that was far from perfect.

2:06:2? Hmm have to find some more time then i feel like i'm braking some cornors a bit to early and i'm at 2:07:2. My gearing feels a bit wrong (have to drive first, last, and the last downhill cornors in first) Another problem could be the ride height in the my set rubs sometimes very hard in the downhill section or the first 2 uphill cornors.

I think the default set is pretty descent but it does not fit my driving style very well so i tweakt it to be a lot more tail happy.

Joni Varis
20-05-2015, 13:35
Well it was far from perfect. Actually took capture of the lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lzCUbGQls

Without the mistakes, specially at last corner it would of been high 2.05

TheLethalDose
20-05-2015, 13:54
I find you have to almost touch the walls to carry the most speed possible through the mountain section.

Also braking as minimally as possible to keep the speed up through the uphill section helps a lot.

Oh and listen to JeyD02, he knows his tuning very well.

Danno
20-05-2015, 21:13
Thanks for all the tips. Maybe more practice required. Lol

davekojo
21-05-2015, 05:48
You should watch the V8's go around the Mountain. If your not trading paint with the walls you can go faster.

Also Bathurst is a tough track in real life. I've driven around there at the speed limit (normally its a public road) and even that is tricky.

hkraft300
21-05-2015, 13:54
Well it was far from perfect. Actually took capture of the lap

Without the mistakes, specially at last corner it would of been high 2.05

Thanks for that video. I like your line through the esses/dipper reckon I've found nearly half a second there! Much better than my approach :)

Joni Varis
21-05-2015, 14:42
Sadly there is not much point to hotlap on this track.

I like it a lot, but the track boundaries need to be fixed first until im going to waste my time on it. If you decide to do so, you can pretty much straightline (cut) the esses complex which easily gain you up to 1s, so its just useless for drivers who actually stays inside the track to compete with those who arent.

hkraft300
21-05-2015, 15:22

I like it a lot, but the track boundaries need to be fixed first until im going to waste my time on it. If you decide to do so, you can pretty much straightline (cut) the esses complex which easily gain you up to 1s, so its just useless for drivers who actually stays inside the track to compete with those who arent.

GAY
I never cut the esses.
I think in the GT6 version there are barriers (or is it Forza 5? I forget) so I kiss the brakes at the crest to stay on track.

yusupov
21-05-2015, 15:30

fwiw, when looking at leaderboards i scan for your name or levesque's for times i trust to be legit; until the cut issue is resolved youre actually doing a great favor in leaving your best time down for some of us :)

Joni Varis
21-05-2015, 16:02
I have only hotlapped so far on tracks where i know you cant do any silly cuts, apart from Barcelona event. Was mistake on my part to even try it as i knew very well would just get annoyed about it. So basicly until the cut detection is fixed, i wont be doing any of those events. I can say straight away that the upcoming Azure Circuit event will be total cutting fest, its even worse than barcelona was :(

But this is wrong thread to talk about this stuff anyway. Just posted my Aston lap here as some might find some driving tips from it.

jimmyb_84
21-05-2015, 16:35
zonda is very much not a gt3-spec :) still that sounds like a pretty good time, although this year actual gt3 cars were doing times near that fast, i think 2:05s were common

Try 2:03.4 ish, was done in qualifying by the Audi, 3secs a lap faster than a V8 Supercar. If you've not seen it watch Bathurst qualifying 2015 on YouTube just mega! I Ye and so was the race

jimmyb_84
21-05-2015, 16:56
Sorry I tell a lie it was a 2:02.XXX in qualifying I've looked up the timing result...

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/636864966/object_652100.70V/Result?17

cannot find the onboard but it's somewhere

choppermeir
19-08-2015, 22:17
I'm currently trying to get Bathurst nailed in the m1 procar got the uphill sorted but it's very twitch on the descent under braking most times I spin out, will be trying the set up tips on page 1 of this thread I have had a tweak but I seem to be going to far with it and having to reset the tune and start again. Got a 2.19.542 but I know I could have gone faster,damn that bloody dipper

marshma11ow8
20-08-2015, 10:50
Got a ways to go to 2.02 but 20.5:8 in the Bentley is pretty good nah

beetes_juice
20-08-2015, 14:11
Managed to get down to a 2:03:551.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cqvwlV0hJY&feature=youtu.be

Hunting for a 2:02:*** though.:cool:

EvoM3
21-08-2015, 09:18
Bentley easy does 2.02's. The car will do a 2.01.

Here is a 2.03 in the Mclaren (stock setup except camber, not my fastest lap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJt9vM2-ac

Check this also.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36327-Advanced-Track-Guide-BATHURST-%28EvoM3%29

beetes_juice
21-08-2015, 13:35
Check this also.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36327-Advanced-Track-Guide-BATHURST-%28EvoM3%29

Evo, great track guide.

I've been practicing with a few guys for a league race this weekend there. Everyone keeps changing this and that in the tune but really this track is just practice, practice, more practice and this from your track guide:

Speed. No brakes. Be brave.

So true with 99% of this track. People can go a lot faster then they think here.

OpticalHercules
21-08-2015, 18:15
... Everyone keeps changing this and that in the tune but really ...

That would probably be me... lol. Kept trying to use my normal comfortable tune for this, but the balance was all wrong. Everything was wrong. I did start over and reset yesterday, even increased a few things in the opposite direction of my normal tuning style. Haven't increased my times yet, but have definitely increased my comfort and stability with the car on this track. Now I'm gonna have to find time to cram just line practice in the next short while.

Salty Dog
01-01-2016, 11:49
PLEASE project cars team give us some modern and retro Aussie V8 touring cars in project cars 2 for this great track, maybe even a V8 Holden racing ute if your thinking out of the box,
cheers

hkraft300
01-01-2016, 12:03
PLEASE project cars team give us some modern and retro Aussie V8 touring cars in project cars 2 for this great track, maybe even a V8 Holden racing ute if your thinking out of the box,
cheers

This is not the car request thread mate.
But the Falcon fG may be on its way :p
Back on topic: everyone that loves this track MUST try the Sauber C9 here. Its a blast. It has a bit of down force to really push it, crazy speed, lots of grip and strong brakes. Real rollercoaster stuff.
Though I'm losing time at the downhill section. Getting on the brakes a little to get the nose in but not too much that the tail swings. Reckon my line is off.
Ruf GT3 is a nightmare here.

Mr.60trim
01-01-2016, 17:39
Ruf GT3 is a nightmare here.
YES, thank you! Ok, so it isn't just me and my driving then...this car is very difficult to manage speed on this track for some reason.

hkraft300
01-01-2016, 23:14
YES, thank you! Ok, so it isn't just me and my driving then...this car is very difficult to manage speed on this track for some reason.

The reason being its rear heavy and wants to swing around on you at the downhill section. Everywhere else its a peach! Get on the power hard and early.

ChrisK
02-01-2016, 00:09
The reason being its rear heavy and wants to swing around on you at the downhill section. Everywhere else its a peach! Get on the power hard and early.

It's also generally just too slow. Thru the dipper and the esses it's nightmarish...but fun as hell.

I have the ruf doing low 2:06's pretty consistently with my best being a low 2:05.
I used to be able to get the mclaren and r8 into the 2:03's but can't do better than a high 2:04 now.

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 00:20
That's because you're a freak, roozy :p
Maybe have a play with camber?
The tyres are a bit F'd ATM.
Next patch will take it back to basics I suppose.

havocc
02-01-2016, 00:52
Soft swaybars for C9 there i suppose

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 01:01
PS: op needs to search for EvoM3 thread on Bathurst for a guide to The Mountain.

ChrisK
02-01-2016, 21:34
That's because you're a freak, roozy :p
Maybe have a play with camber?
The tyres are a bit F'd ATM.
Next patch will take it back to basics I suppose.

You mean increase or decrease cambers ?

I pretty much only run stock setups now though. only adjusting fuel, downforce and final drive ratio to suit the track. 2 full game save crashes in the last couple of months has pretty much destroyed any motivation I had for tinkering with the car setups.

The laps above inspired me and finally got a mid 3 again last night after someone told me to move the 6th gear ratio up one notch, now I'm hitting 290 down the straight. Who woulda thought that one small change was worth more than half a second. I think I'm ok for consistent 4's in the mclaren. Don't know how you get a 2 without setup adjustments.

As usuL you were right about the c9. That thing rocks Bathurst. Loads of fun.

hkraft300
02-01-2016, 23:48
I'd say throw another -0.5 degree of camber at the back and see if it feels a little more stable at exit. Either camber thrust or better contact patch? I wouldn't know without telemetry, but what data says is perfect doesn't always match with the driver's confidence.

havocc
03-01-2016, 01:11
2.07 with c9, those barriers intimidate me alot, if it was something like willow spring i could be 5 seconds faster...

hkraft300
03-01-2016, 03:21
2.07 with c9, those barriers intimidate me alot, if it was something like willow spring i could be 5 seconds faster...

Turn up the boost and down force
Give it the berries!

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-01-2016, 19:22
The reason being its rear heavy and wants to swing around on you at the downhill section. Everywhere else its a peach! Get on the power hard and early.It's quite rear heavy, but it's not that bad, it's only 59% rear biased. The R8 LMS Ultra is 57.5%. The Radical SR8-RX is more rear heavy at 60%. I've found it to be only marginally more wayward at the rear than the other GT3 cars when set up right. =)