PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 458 wheel

MDH PYRO
19-05-2015, 10:21
Can someone explain to me how I can change the setting on this wheel?.....it is just out of box and seems a little unresponsive...or if someone has some setting I can use....thanks in advance racers¬

marcdxn
19-05-2015, 10:32
The wheel has no FFB or Vibration and uses the cheaper elastic system so when you turn an elastic pulls the other way to give the feeling of turning resistance, so it has little to no configuration in the way it 'feels'
As the button configuration i am not sure.

dwaynetheBLADE
19-05-2015, 10:35
you push in the two paddles and also click Y and B simultaneously. each time you do that it cycles between 4 sensitivity settings denoted by the flashing white light

MDH PYRO
19-05-2015, 10:39
The wheel has no FFB or Vibration and uses the cheaper elastic system so when you turn an elastic pulls the other way to give the feeling of turning resistance, so it has little to no configuration in the way it 'feels'
As the button configuration i am not sure.

All I could afford at time lol.....will be getting a better one next month but brought this to keep me going till I can get more expensive wheel and pass this onto my kids...Thanks a lot anyway

FA RACING 01
19-05-2015, 11:27
Can someone explain to me how I can change the setting on this wheel?.....it is just out of box and seems a little unresponsive...or if someone has some setting I can use....thanks in advance racers¬

I'm using the Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel too [not the Spider one] on Xbox and are really happy with it. What worked for me [on advice of a WMD member] is that when your wheel calibrates, it normally stops at 90 degrees from top [Ferrari logo shows 90 degrees to left]. Few seconds later it returns to the top position Ferrari logo shows upwards]. Hold the wheel back slightly [not too much force] to prevent it from "centering". The idea is to add a little resistance to the wheel while doing the latter "centering". It worked for me and the force feedback is great. Can't remember my settings, but have a look on technical support for XBone threads - I got mine from there. If you don't get it right, send me a message and I'll write mine down for you.

Hope this helps mate

marcdxn
19-05-2015, 11:42
All I could afford at time lol.....will be getting a better one next month but brought this to keep me going till I can get more expensive wheel and pass this onto my kids...Thanks a lot anyway

Which wheel do you have there are a number of 458 wheels from the entry level right up to the FFB wheel.
I think we are all confused to which you have and are giving different answers.

if its this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferrari-F458-Italia-Racing-Wheel/dp/B005K1SI8A

No ffb, and uses elastic / bungy

I'm confused now because the post above a guy mentions a wheel which has the ffb but its the 458 wheel costing £250+ lol

MDH PYRO
19-05-2015, 11:47
The one I have has not FFB...however with some help I have figured out my sensitivity and managed to get it to work with manual/wclutch......I will be getting the TX 458 Italia in next month or so once funds allow then kids can have this one...cheers for help guys much appreciated......

FA RACING 01
19-05-2015, 12:55
Yes, there might be confusion on the wheel. The wheel in marcdxn amazon link is for the xbox 360 and would serve no purpose around here, let alone the lol humour. The Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB however does have full FFB functionality that works with a brushless motor. Unfortunately it costs a quite a bit more than indicated in his post.