PDA

View Full Version : Why we can't modify helmets?

mralexf1
19-05-2015, 12:15
Hello!

In every game, and in real life, drivers identify theirselves by the look of their helmets. Why don't we have just one helmet to use? Why does it change every race? It's a bit annoying, in my opinion.

Will it be a feature in next updates or it isn't in the plans?

dwaynetheBLADE
19-05-2015, 12:17
Hi there Alex thanks for your concern. Can you confirm that we are talking about the helmets on the drivers heads? Because I can confirm that there are no plans for modifications of the "Other" helmets

PJ Dunham
19-05-2015, 12:36
That's one part of PCars I don't like, everytime I drive the driver looks different, gloves overalls helmet, kinda sucks id love to have my own design all the way through, heck even Gran Turismo allows you to set your helmet and Suit, big oversight I think.

Ryno917
19-05-2015, 13:44
Agreed - I'd like to have my own helmet and gloves. The suit itself would be nice if it tied into the team and/or livery in some way (or just a basic white or simple generic design used in lower classes)

o Mike V o
19-05-2015, 14:12
ok this is just nit picking

Alan Dallas
19-05-2015, 15:20
There were plans to make custom Helmets and Suits and some work was done in that regard. But it was put on hold. It could still show up in a future patch.

kpf480
19-05-2015, 15:29
There were plans to make custom Helmets and Suits and some work was done in that regard. But it was put on hold. It could still show up in a future patch.

Let's hope so. It will give longevity to this game.

mralexf1
19-05-2015, 15:37

Thank you for the answer, Alan! Looking forward for it :)

real
26-05-2015, 03:40

yeah, I'd like to see this too

TahPope
26-05-2015, 07:04
yeah, I'd like to see this too

+1
It would be a really nice addition.

Blaquknite
27-05-2015, 18:09
I understand that allowing customized suits and helmets could take a lot of work (i dont know maybe not, I have never made a game)... BUT there are already several designs IN the game already. Instead of giving a random one each time the map loads, let us pick from the ones ALREADY in and have it be the SAME every time.

Then maybe down the road they give out the template for the helmets and let us do it ourselves like the car livery.

Marcel_Penzkofer
27-05-2015, 21:36
Would love to see at as a built in selection of existing (+1 custom) overalls/helmets. Maybe aswell in the garage, right under "select car" like "select equipment" or something similar. Doesn't have to be all fancy :).

Alan Dallas
28-05-2015, 05:35
I understand that allowing customized suits and helmets could take a lot of work (i dont know maybe not, I have never made a game)... BUT there are already several designs IN the game already. Instead of giving a random one each time the map loads, let us pick from the ones ALREADY in and have it be the SAME every time.

Then maybe down the road they give out the template for the helmets and let us do it ourselves like the car livery.
WMD members already have access to the Suit/Helmet templates, however there is no way to select the custom Suit/Helmet or have it appear currently. During the development period the game used to select the custom ones randomly if the player files existed, but that was removed from the random choice until more support for custom suit/helmets could be added. Like mentioned before, that feature is on hold until the more pressing matters are sorted.

Vim Fuego
31-05-2015, 02:24
The helmet is like a driver's coat-of-arms, and like a fingerprint, their most individual and identifiable feature. Different seasons, classes, sponsors and teams all come and go, but your helmet is a constant.
Notwithstanding the odd sponsor's sticker, of course, or if you happen to be Valentino Rossi...

Zimo
31-05-2015, 09:49
Its not nit picking. They are not saying its a bad game because of it, rather that it would be a cool feature.

imdstig
03-06-2015, 21:02
It is a good point. Right now it feels like some random driver every time you race. There is nothing that links you into the game as the driver.

fireball1967
04-06-2015, 07:01
i also agree! it is a small but very important feature within a racing sim and i have never played a sim where the helmet and overall always changed from race to race. please fix this!

Assetto Corsa for Life
04-06-2015, 15:38
Thx, me too. PCARS has many Problems. I'm not agreed.

Carinis
05-07-2015, 14:13
I don't see why it should be that much work the "skins" are already in the game it's just a case of making the game show that particular one every time

Scuderia Paul
05-07-2015, 18:01
I just wish I didn't have to look at Audi gloves when I am in a different manufacturers car. It's a non-issue but it is all about the details.

Ryzza5
06-07-2015, 03:48
This may have been one of those things that slip through due to time v priority. Definitely would be nice to have in future though.