PDA

View Full Version : "Away from Keyboard" drivers...

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:28
Something needs to be done about "away from keyboard" drivers. Drivers end up plowing into these cars at the start and lap after lap during a race, as you come around to the front straight, you have to navigate through cars left abandoned in the middle of the track. Last night, in an online race at Dubai, I counted 9 cars, from a field of 25, that sat idle indefinitely on the starting grid, making it a slalom course and the end of each lap. Idle cars need to be disqualified after 1 minute of inactivity and be sent back to the pit box.

BlueFin175
19-05-2015, 13:16
What should also happen hear is that from the lobby, any driver that has NOT selected 'Ready' should be left behind in the lobby when the game launches. Simple really.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 13:18
Thought about that as an option. But I can see some poor driver running back from the bathroom trying to reach the ready button in time, only to miss it by a few seconds.

MenocidiX
19-05-2015, 13:40
He should hit the ready button before he goes to the bathroom then. It's really the best solution, I suggested it here already: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26071-Online-Lobby-Possibility-To-Sit-Out-Races

o Mike V o
19-05-2015, 13:45
It was a pet peeve of mine in Forza but I am guilty of doing it, last night was my first time online I had no idea how quickly the race started after qualy :eek:

CTR69
19-05-2015, 14:00
All these players should be autokicked from server after 10 seconds and having negative points added to their profile. If driver rating is even implemented, I don't think it is at this point...