PDA

View Full Version : BUG - Exiting the pit lane during race, resets brake temperatures to 20

onepueblo
19-05-2015, 12:31
Just put telemetry on in career mode, enter the pit lane and pit. You see temperature of brakes floating realistically (200 to give an example). Then you start again and suddenly after you exit the pit lane, temperatures reset to 20. This bug is so annoying and take down any realistic feeling about the race.

Elmo
20-05-2015, 17:28
Can you check if this also happens, when you turn off damage repair in the pits?

I have the feeling that your crew also might be replacing your brakes and therefore giving you new cool brakes :cool:

onepueblo
21-05-2015, 13:01
Can you check if this also happens, when you turn off damage repair in the pits?

I have the feeling that your crew also might be replacing your brakes and therefore giving you new cool brakes :cool:

I will later and I will report here, you make me think with this..... it is possible...

onepueblo
22-05-2015, 10:56

I tested again, with different combos, it is definitely a bug, and nobody noticed I see, please report. How is it possible nobody see this? Thousands of drivers, pilots, sim racers, don't see it? This is just ridiculous.

Elmo
22-05-2015, 18:45
I tested again, with different combos, it is definitely a bug, and nobody noticed I see, please report. How is it possible nobody see this? Thousands of drivers, pilots, sim racers, don't see it? This is just ridiculous.

You actually did a sensible report? Why the harsh language all of a sudden.

I gave this a test on Wednesday myself. We had a LMP2 online race and I specifically set in the pit strategy not to repair (replace) the brakes, so they don't cool off (Carbon brakes are useless when cold). It worked as intended. Kept my brakes (and their heat).

Could somebody else give this a test on PS4?

gviktor
24-05-2015, 08:09

I gave this a test on Wednesday myself. We had a LMP2 online race and I specifically set in the pit strategy not to repair (replace) the brakes, so they don't cool off (Carbon brakes are useless when cold). It worked as intended. Kept my brakes (and their heat).

Yes I noticed as well

onepueblo
24-05-2015, 15:25

The harsh language, (assumed that 'ridiculous' is harsh) is not referred to you or to the hard work you do. For you I will only have polite language. BUT for who is responsible of this kind of games, not tested at all, I'm not supposed to work for them for free. Anyway PC is already out of my console and is not going back in. So I don't care anymore about any fix, I played about 200 racing titles and I very well know that is impossible to get out of this mess. (last post here)

onepueblo
25-05-2015, 17:59
The harsh language, (assumed that 'ridiculous' is harsh) is not referred to you or to the hard work you do. For you I will only have polite language. BUT for who is responsible of this kind of games, not tested at all, I'm not supposed to work for them for free. Anyway PC is already out of my console and is not going back in. So I don't care anymore about any fix, I played about 200 racing titles and I very well know that is impossible to get out of this mess. (last post here)
Before somebody else does it, I do it myself. First I apologize for what I assumed yesterday, I was in a bad mood. The physic in this game is maybe the best ever, and to play without AI confirms that. So at the moment I only play online or solo mode, to enjoy what the sim has to offer at is best potential. As I see, I'm not the only one that for obvious reasons has highs and lows with this title.

IrideGravity
25-05-2015, 23:22
So, I take it you feel like with the AI issues, pit issues, tire model/app issues. This game is not complete-able or at least worthy of the effort to complete in career mode at the moment?
Ridiculous would be a VERY SOFT word to describe how you feel about that situation and the game if it's true.

Elmo
27-05-2015, 19:05
Yes I noticed as well

Could you specify this a bit more? Did you set Repair Brakes to "No" and still got cold (20C) brakes after your stop?