PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS Multiplayer

h3lld3r
19-05-2015, 12:50
I am frustrated by the lack of punishment for players who hit the rear of the others in braking zones.

It happened to me. Another player hit me and I left the track, so I took punishment for having "cut way" as he did not receive any punishment.

It is completely wrong. Others totally frustrated (and stupid), just leave the car crossed the track to derail who's playing seriously. Last night witnessed two players put the car crossed the track, in the pit straight, it was impossible to dodge, and this is just RIDICULOUS for a simulator game, these players should be severely PUNISHED.

Developers must find some way to separate the serious players of the players who think ridiculous attitudes are funny.

I find this fantastic game, I believe in the potential of this game, but the moment is not so exciting.

grateful.

forhaud
19-05-2015, 14:20
+10000
Iracing Nostalgic

LCCMarc
19-05-2015, 15:05
Hello,
It would have nicks above cars are significantly larger, it would allow us to note and record their Steam ID and put them in the blacklist of the dedicated server.

Excuse me for my bad english.

Sonny Crockett
19-05-2015, 17:18
You have a point there OP.

MrDominoX
19-05-2015, 17:40
A simple solution to this would be to remove the "vote kick" option from the game and allow hosts to kick as they see fit, even include a kick and ban (maybe with ban durations from sessions your hosting). This way hosts could do more to keep rooms clean.

Mr.Smoke
19-05-2015, 17:54
Ive become tired of this as well. Just joined a racing league in hopes of finding like-minded players to race with. Private sessions will likely be the only solution until all these idiots move on to a different game.

h3lld3r
19-05-2015, 18:41
A simple solution to this would be to remove the "vote kick" option from the game and allow hosts to kick as they see fit, even include a kick and ban (maybe with ban durations from sessions your hosting). This way hosts could do more to keep rooms clean.

but this is a solution to remedy the damage already done.
Other games of the past have given us good lessons, we will mention a few examples:

1. F1 codemasters 2013: if the player "A" to brake before a chincane while player "B" "accidentally" not to brake the game automatically takes action to turn the car player "B" on a ghost.

2. FORZA 5: If the player "A" stand still on track (or even outside) it automatically is transformed into ghost.

So these are PREVENTIVE measures, ie BEFORE THE INCIDENT while KICK some idiots are remedial measures, ie AFTER THE INCIDENT.
Excuse my English, but you understand?

zennmeister
19-05-2015, 23:42
Unfortunately ghosting teaches nothing to those who don't know the rules. On the other hand, penalties do.
IMO, the devs should include a quality metric to our profile. Clearing a certain threshold in this quality scale is the golden ticket into the lobbies.

Psebcool
20-05-2015, 03:22
The solution would be to penalize the car B which is behind the car A. Because precisely, it's at the car B to take attention to the car in front of her (car A).

If there is an accident or collision (even tiny) between two cars, it's the car who is behind the other who need to be the most severely punished.

Otherwise, it's necessary to add an option for a ghost cars system.

o Mike V o
20-05-2015, 03:50
Find like minded players and race with them.

hunty1981
20-05-2015, 10:02
http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

have a look there

choupolo
20-05-2015, 11:12
Another frustrated brake assister for other people here too.

I +1 the idea earlier for a 'quality' of driving measure in driver profiles based on number of crashes caused - and then a lobby setting for clean racers that only players with a certain 'quality' level can enter.

Hehe, my quality rating would need improving though!

h3lld3r
20-05-2015, 11:26
The solution would be to penalize the car B which is behind the car A. Because precisely, it's at the car B to take attention to the car in front of her (car A).

If there is an accident or collision (even tiny) between two cars, it's the car who is behind the other who need to be the most severely punished.

This there a good one, the stronger the hit on the back of the opponent, the more punishment in time.
Or rather, if Player "A" take a hit in the back by the player "B" and the player "A" went off the road, then the player "B" should be punished for a longer time or even just pass by the boxes

... Anyway, there are several ways to let the online game coolest and discourage fools.

thx.

RareWhiteApe
20-05-2015, 12:06
I have two points to make:

1) It doesn't take much to inadvertently punt a car off the track, even while trying to race cleanly. I've noticed that the physics tend to favour the car doing the bumping rather than the car being bumped. I have no idea how realistic this is, given the game's aim of trying to be as unforgiving and authentic as possible, but surely that requires some attention.

2) How long have realistic-ish racing games been around, that let us jump online and try show off our skills to the world? In all this time, why hasn't someone came up with the magic solution for this problem? And is this problem unique to consoles, where there will be a larger proportion of more careless drivers than the no-holds-barred world of PC sim enthusiasts?

h3lld3r
20-05-2015, 12:33

1) It doesn't take much to inadvertently punt a car off the track, even while trying to race cleanly. I've noticed that the physics tend to favour the car doing the bumping rather than the car being bumped. I have no idea how realistic this is, given the game's aim of trying to be as unforgiving and authentic as possible, but surely that requires some attention.

2) How long have realistic-ish racing games been around, that let us jump online and try show off our skills to the world? In all this time, why hasn't someone came up with the magic solution for this problem? And is this problem unique to consoles, where there will be a larger proportion of more careless drivers than the no-holds-barred world of PC sim enthusiasts?

it is .. but remember that though it may be a SIM game, that is VIRTUAL reality, then I see no problem in a game SIM adapt to what happens in a VIRTUAL reality.

For sure in real life, real race real cars, a pilot think twice before blowing your engine radiator on the back of the opponent, or even lose control of your car. What it is not exactly what happens in the game.

THEN, time punishment or expulsion from the lobby already !!!!!

grateful.

choupolo
20-05-2015, 12:42

It's true that even with the best intentions, contact can happen. The idea is though that you can improve your 'gentlemanly' rating the more clean races you have, even after one or two incidents. Those that are often or deliberately causing crashes should then always have the worst rating.

There is a system in iRacing punishing contact and off track excursions - which is designed to promote clean and fair racing. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing i.e. pCARS.

MABlosfeld
20-05-2015, 17:35
My suggestion to eliminate the assholes who only know how to mess with our fun:

For each platform (PC, PS, XBOX) 2 versions:

A) SIMULATOR
B) SIMARCADE

The price would be equal to any VERSION, differing only by PLATFORM.
MULTIPLAYER system in all platforms would play together but only just VERSION.
In SIMARCADE version you can set up everything, you can even play without wheel, you can leave the game ARCADE 100% or 100% Simulator, or something in between.

In Simulator version you will have to have a steering wheel in order to play, the vision is internal and mandatory, all types of HELP are disabled, the system ABS, TRACTION CONTROL AND STABILITY be or not available as the vehicle used.
Fine tuning of the vehicle such as tires, brakes, bumper, gear ratio .... FFB and Summary will be available in both versions.
I believe that in this way would make it more competitive, but fun and very much less extressante.
In short, only players with the same Profile, style or level would play together
Up will be those who will buy both versions only intended to screw up but they will be few, will have to spend more to make asshole dream.

Thundertime88
20-05-2015, 22:38
If you all are looking for a clean racing league take a look at the EPSL www.epsl.webs.com and www.epslr.webs.com we are always taking new members.

forhaud
21-05-2015, 06:49
I think the best solution is the licensing system like iRacing. It is easy to implement by developers. And
at least have a minimum requires care to keep your license b, otherwise you kicked to license c and run again with 150hp car.

Penalyce lost control, car contacts, off tracks and dropouts started 15 players and 5 ended...

Excuse me form my english

Yannick Van Broeck
21-05-2015, 07:41
I think the best solution is the licensing system like iRacing. It is easy to implement by developers. And
at least have a minimum requires care to keep your license b, otherwise you kicked to license c and run again with 150hp car.

Penalyce lost control, car contacts, off tracks and dropouts started 15 players and 5 ended...

Excuse me form my english

I agree that such a system would be good but they'll lose a lot of players this way.

Also I would very much like them to fix some of the existing online bugs at the moment. Even if you're in a proper racing league I still get baffled by the fact that after a couple of years of testing there still are some bugs around like:

- getting stuck in the lobby (drive not showing up)
- camera stuck on hood-cam
- various connection losses during the race

It really destroys the multiplayer experience..

LPlates
21-05-2015, 14:57
This there a good one, the stronger the hit on the back of the opponent, the more punishment in time.
Or rather, if Player "A" take a hit in the back by the player "B" and the player "A" went off the road, then the player "B" should be punished for a longer time or even just pass by the boxes

... Anyway, there are several ways to let the online game coolest and discourage fools.

thx.

The only down side of these suggestions is that the "aggressor" will switch to brake testing rather than ramming. The perfect solution would deter both of these behaviours.

zakpack
22-05-2015, 11:14
Id like to see the car that hits feels crash, the car being hit NO car reaction and can keep driving..

Luke Townsend
22-05-2015, 11:20
Id like to see the car that hits feels crash, the car being hit NO car reaction and can keep driving..

Again that would lead to brake testing by the car in front unfortunately. Plus it's not particularly "sim" to have no reaction for the car in front.

Tailspin45
24-05-2015, 23:38
I agree. I just posted elsewhere that this will ruin pCARS for anyone serious about racing.

I don’t like iRacing because of their fee structure, but I did like their penalty system.

h3lld3r
25-05-2015, 12:11
I agree. I just posted elsewhere that this will ruin pCARS for anyone serious about racing.

I don’t like iRacing because of their fee structure, but I did like their penalty system.

I totally agree, I myself no longer play every day, it's getting boring. Siplesmente not agree with the current system of penalties, so ... the troubled who leave, I'm leaving.

lordymatsuo
26-05-2015, 06:39
Hey OP, temporary or long term solution join a clean racing group. We host regular private lobbies, have players of all skill levels and most of all have fun clean racing.

Details in signature

MABlosfeld
26-05-2015, 15:57
You want a clean race? Run alone ... eheheh
When creating the race there opçõe altering driving difficulty and filter the level of players.
I know some penalties:
1) Hitting the back alters the position of the steering wheel
2) Cut road makes the car stop for several seconds
3) Exit the track slows down, stability.

3800racingfool
26-05-2015, 16:36
The way I'm seeing it there's really no ideal, game-implemented solution here:

Imposing on-track penalties: Obviously the dream solution. But just how would one propose this system gets built? There's more than enough threads on here complaining about the track cutting penalties which, in my experience, aren't bad at all if you know how to respect track limits. Trying to code a system that can not only determine between an at-fault accident and a "racing incident" but also determine who was at fault is something not even the large studios would attempt to touch, let a lone a small dev team like SMS. Did he brake check you? Or did you just not stop like you were supposed to? Or did he slow down to avoid hitting that car careening across the road in front of him and you just couldn't react in time?

Driving Rating: Sounds good on paper. However in practice I could only see it hurting the game. Mainstream people aren't going to want to race only vehicles in a certain tier like in iracing. And even though there's many of the "hardcore" people who could care less about if they left, they're not the sole target audience here. If those players leave, that hurts the bottom line because they definitely won't be back to buy PCars 2. The /only/ way I could see this system working is if there is some form of ranking system devised and players can set a slider (similar to the skill slider) when they create a lobby that only allows players at that skill level or above to see/enter that lobby. Again though, how do you determine that rating? Overall contact/contact:corner ratio? (no one would ever get out of the bottom tiers without racing privately with friends which is the entire point of this thread) Or are you back to trying to determine who was at fault for what?

Ghosting: Could it work? Sure. It would defy the point of the game though. You'll wind up with people exploiting the detection system to "pass" through another car and take positions. Make the victim car solid and impervious to the physical forces imposed by the offending car? Again, easy to exploit without a system that can determine who's at fault for what. Not to mention any implementation of this destroys the entire "sim" portion of the game.

So in the end what's the only solution left? Private racing. Find some friends, join a group or a leauge. It's about all you can do. Look around this forum, there's plenty of people who'd be willing to cleanly race with you. I'll do it myself, just drop me a pm or find me on Steam. "Pub" games are always an issue no matter what the game is and what the genre is and the answer is always to play with other people who play cleanly/fairly/nicely.

h3lld3r
26-05-2015, 21:23
You want a clean race? Run alone ... eheheh
When creating the race there opçõe altering driving difficulty and filter the level of players.
I know some penalties:
1) Hitting the back alters the position of the steering wheel
2) Cut road makes the car stop for several seconds
3) Exit the track slows down, stability.

you think to stay in wait in the grass waiting for someone who is flying lap in qualifying, only hinders it, is a clean attitude, then you deserve BAN.

h3lld3r
26-05-2015, 21:29
The way I'm seeing it there's really no ideal, game-implemented solution here:

Imposing on-track penalties: Obviously the dream solution. But just how would one propose this system gets built? There's more than enough threads on here complaining about the track cutting penalties which, in my experience, aren't bad at all if you know how to respect track limits. Trying to code a system that can not only determine between an at-fault accident and a "racing incident" but also determine who was at fault is something not even the large studios would attempt to touch, let a lone a small dev team like SMS. Did he brake check you? Or did you just not stop like you were supposed to? Or did he slow down to avoid hitting that car careening across the road in front of him and you just couldn't react in time?

Driving Rating: Sounds good on paper. However in practice I could only see it hurting the game. Mainstream people aren't going to want to race only vehicles in a certain tier like in iracing. And even though there's many of the "hardcore" people who could care less about if they left, they're not the sole target audience here. If those players leave, that hurts the bottom line because they definitely won't be back to buy PCars 2. The /only/ way I could see this system working is if there is some form of ranking system devised and players can set a slider (similar to the skill slider) when they create a lobby that only allows players at that skill level or above to see/enter that lobby. Again though, how do you determine that rating? Overall contact/contact:corner ratio? (no one would ever get out of the bottom tiers without racing privately with friends which is the entire point of this thread) Or are you back to trying to determine who was at fault for what?

Ghosting: Could it work? Sure. It would defy the point of the game though. You'll wind up with people exploiting the detection system to "pass" through another car and take positions. Make the victim car solid and impervious to the physical forces imposed by the offending car? Again, easy to exploit without a system that can determine who's at fault for what. Not to mention any implementation of this destroys the entire "sim" portion of the game.

So in the end what's the only solution left? Private racing. Find some friends, join a group or a leauge. It's about all you can do. Look around this forum, there's plenty of people who'd be willing to cleanly race with you. I'll do it myself, just drop me a pm or find me on Steam. "Pub" games are always an issue no matter what the game is and what the genre is and the answer is always to play with other people who play cleanly/fairly/nicely.

I'm sorry but a front engine car or a formula that beats behind the other and go around running good, it's so far, but very, very FAR from being a SIM. ah .. there's more ... I doubt that these idiots players will make the name PROJECT CARS go on.

cloakdeath
27-05-2015, 01:12
One racing group I joined planned one event weekly, on a weekday evening, with ten minute warm up, twenty min practice, and one hour qualifying! The race was about an hour too. Naturally everybody agreed but then found excuses to not turn up. I don't want to have to stress and organise with people, I have a life as it is! A penalty system is highly doable, and I haven't heard any strong arguments against it. I mean why would someone brake check you in a formula car, for instance? You would both go off. If you are on the first lap and cant tell if someone is a douche or not, race more conservatively.

MABlosfeld
27-05-2015, 01:16
you think to stay in wait in the grass waiting for someone who is flying lap in qualifying, only hinders it, is a clean attitude, then you deserve BAN.

you did not understand what I meant
I know why
my English is really bad
sorry

h3lld3r
27-05-2015, 10:48
you did not understand what I meant
I know why
my English is really bad
sorry

No, I understood what you meant that the penalty system of this game is perfect.

h3lld3r
27-05-2015, 10:55
My replay ... I realized that this SPA snippet I was better than my opponent, I was conservative, did not have a collision with him, then waited for the next round and attacked !!!

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PACIENTE%20DO%20SUS/video/2630096

at any time I got even wedge it.

rather, a clean and professional pilot.

thx

cudirage13
27-05-2015, 16:05
How come we don't use the F1 rules where if you keep cutting corners you get disqualified? I have NEVER seen this happen just that silly "slow down for 60 seconds" rule. Also please implement a reckless driver rule where you can get DQ if you cause too many crashes. F1 2014 has these rules idk why Pcars does not. It's the little things that have to be added to make this game perfect!

ShiftingLanes
27-05-2015, 18:28
The way the club I race with on GT6 runs is this:

Clean racing is the only racing tolerated. Anything less and it's subject to the event organizer and club admins.
If there's a formal inquiry, the full race reply will be reviewed and proper sanctions will be levied.
1st penalty results in a 1 race suspension; which for obvious reasons would be detrimental to your overall points standings.
2nd penalty results in a 2 race suspension or suspension for the remainder of the current cup.
3rd penalty may result in a ban from all club activity indefinitely.

Of course this is all within a club and not general online lobby gameplay. Unfortunate nature of online gameplay is that you will always get a joker that will be butthurt and want to wreck everyone's day when he/she messes up.

Hyflex
27-05-2015, 22:58
My replay ... I realized that this SPA snippet I was better than my opponent, I was conservative, did not have a collision with him, then waited for the next round and attacked !!!

thx

You think how easy it would have been for a crash to happen in my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYtOiUGdSo (it plays through from 3 different angles) as you can see I was comfortably faster than all of them and nearly had contact with 4 different drivers....

Then what about https://youtu.be/sjYtOiUGdSo?t=146, as you can see I am going way faster, took the corner correctly and unfortunately tapped him in the back.

What about idiots like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiDWFueZGQ

And then laggers like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAcFhRKrVk

JamieF86
28-05-2015, 02:45
My venture into the online lobbies.....

I have created a league on the ps4 and am happy to say it is full of very clean racers, tonight as I ventured into the online lobbies I smiled a little.

First race kept getting rammed in qualifying from people coming back on the track, when on a hot lap people just don't move over off the racing line more try to turn into you to stop you beating there time. I still qualified first so happy days or so I thought.

so race 1 on pole go to turn into the first corner in the lead hit straight off the track by a 6 car pile up eventually got away and raced to finish 3rd while dodging other drivers who wait to ram you off the track.

Race 2 random grid the car in front jumped the lights hitting the car in front then reversed into me while I was stationary and I got DQ what a joke.

Race 3 could only Qualify 4th as it was impossible to get clean track, the race get a good start only for someone to ram me across the track because they didn't want me passing them, eventually got away and had a great race with 1 other I finished 2nd to the better driver great passing and race craft, I thought there is hope oh boy was I wrong.

race 4,5,6 qualified well in each 2nd, 1st, 4th. however all races ruined as rather than using race craft and skill to pass people if you are coming past the players just prefer to go right across the track to push you off.

the story is yes online lobbies are a joke and it is a bit broken specially when you get DQ for not moving on the grid when someone reverses into you!

Find a league you can play and enjoy the online play or create your own like I have it makes the game so much better, I wont advertise my site here as I don't want to get told off by moderator and it is a full league now. unless I do another division, but feel free to add me on PSN and join us in are midweek sprint races.

Enjoying the game a lot :-)

h3lld3r
28-05-2015, 12:34
You think how easy it would have been for a crash to happen in my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYtOiUGdSo (it plays through from 3 different angles) as you can see I was comfortably faster than all of them and nearly had contact with 4 different drivers....

Then what about https://youtu.be/sjYtOiUGdSo?t=146, as you can see I am going way faster, took the corner correctly and unfortunately tapped him in the back.

If the damage was activated would OUT. The fact that you are faster does not mean that you can put on top of all, you did not know overcome, it was not cautious.

It would be fair punishment 5 seconds for you.

I was also faster than my opponent, but looked for a safe place to overtake him without hurt him.

The other idiot video in LE MANS should be forever banned from MULTIPLAYER mode

I think the solution would be to have the damage PROJECT CARS ALWAYS ON, and the REAL mode, just so no one would come running over anyone.

h3lld3r
28-05-2015, 12:48

his opponent defended, he opted for the inside line of the curve to let you in the outside line, he could almost have the inside line to avoid taking an "X" did not avoid but managed to avoid both is that you failed to make the "X" and hit him.

ShiftingLanes
28-05-2015, 18:34

thx

Didn't see this post yesterday, but I need to commend you. This pass was absolutely beautiful. Patient, planned out, and well executed. One of the best passes I've seen while watching videos.

MABlosfeld
28-05-2015, 19:19
Options:
Total Damage (On)
Tire wear (Real)
fuel consumption (Real)
penalties (On)
cockpit view (On)

there are few players who like these above OPTIONS (simulator)
Most creates race without damage, penalties and external view (arcade mode)

in my humble opnion should have two versions of the game:
version (A) SIMULATOR
Version (B) SIMARCADE

If you buy the version (B) you can set up to 100% SIMULATOR
but will never be able to play along with the version (A), and vice versa,
but they can play together all platforms of the same version.

Do you understand, I ask this because I use google translator.

h3lld3r
28-05-2015, 19:24
Didn't see this post yesterday, but I need to commend you. This pass was absolutely beautiful. Patient, planned out, and well executed. One of the best passes I've seen while watching videos.

oh! thx> <!

It is not hard to play like this, the main one is never dispute a braking along the lines of the car in front, always seek one side, preferably the outside not to collide inside the curve.

I seek only the inside if I actually got as equals before the curve.

grateful.

ShiftingLanes
28-05-2015, 19:27
oh! thx> <!

It is not hard to play like this, the main one is never dispute a braking along the lines of the car in front, always seek one side, preferably the outside not to collide inside the curve.

I seek only the inside if I actually got as equals before the curve.

grateful.

And that's exactly the way to race. The passing car is always the one who should exercise caution and who should look for mistakes and exploit them, rather than dive bombing and nudging. Late braking, inside-out crossovers. You did it well!

zarg
29-05-2015, 08:06
Need irating or other name to separate bad players
by the time PCARS more like destruction derby ....

Hyflex
30-05-2015, 22:50
If the damage was activated would OUT. The fact that you are faster does not mean that you can put on top of all, you did not know overcome, it was not cautious.

It would be fair punishment 5 seconds for you.

I was also faster than my opponent, but looked for a safe place to overtake him without hurt him.

The other idiot video in LE MANS should be forever banned from MULTIPLAYER mode

I think the solution would be to have the damage PROJECT CARS ALWAYS ON, and the REAL mode, just so no one would come running over anyone.

The first two corners for example I had no contact but you saw how I was faster than them all, I am trying to win and to win you need to take risks sometimes.

As for the tap later on, damage was on and as you saw there was no damage, the other driver is at fault for not knowing how to take the corner and for braking way too much. If you watch it again you'll actually see I did react to him slowing down more than you should and I hit my brakes just before contact. It was a racing incident due to his incompetence as a driver. I normally race against people who can match my face.

In that 3 lap race, 2 laps in the lead I beat them by 25 seconds, I was 10+ seconds a lap faster than them. The 107% rule in F1 is for this exact reason, you can only do so much to avoid tapping or crashing into them.

h3lld3r
31-05-2015, 06:36
The first two corners for example I had no contact but you saw how I was faster than them all, I am trying to win and to win you need to take risks sometimes.

As for the tap later on, damage was on and as you saw there was no damage, the other driver is at fault for not knowing how to take the corner and for braking way too much. If you watch it again you'll actually see I did react to him slowing down more than you should and I hit my brakes just before contact. It was a racing incident due to his incompetence as a driver. I normally race against people who can match my face.

In that 3 lap race, 2 laps in the lead I beat them by 25 seconds, I was 10+ seconds a lap faster than them. The 107% rule in F1 is for this exact reason, you can only do so much to avoid tapping or crashing into them.

I understand ... when I collide with someone a curve ... and I was faster, I refuse to pass it, do not feel well, or think it's cool .. so I leave my car to slow down the opponent recover, then back to run and to pass it honestly, to why he has to defend his position, and my task is to overtake him in a fair and real,

I would find it fair to take a penalty of 5 seconds or more for hitting someone, it would not want someone to do the same with me.

even so, as the video in LE MANS, that Mather f * BAN deserved for one week at least.

grateful.

sswishbone
31-05-2015, 07:01
For me what needs to happen is the ability to report a player to the developers in the game, if someone gets enough votes the developers can monitor them and if they are seen to be too aggressive, ban them from online. Yup, revoke their online access to the game. Very harsh but end of the day people play to enjoy the game and if you're being an asshole and stopping that, you should be stopped from playing.

NutsMammoth
31-05-2015, 09:13
Tired. Game Over.

Hyflex
31-05-2015, 22:56
I understand ... when I collide with someone a curve ... and I was faster, I refuse to pass it, do not feel well, or think it's cool .. so I leave my car to slow down the opponent recover, then back to run and to pass it honestly, to why he has to defend his position, and my task is to overtake him in a fair and real,

I would find it fair to take a penalty of 5 seconds or more for hitting someone, it would not want someone to do the same with me.

even so, as the video in LE MANS, that Mather f * BAN deserved for one week at least.

grateful.

Yes, I understand you too but I only gave him a light tap in the rear, it didn't make him lose control or anything and I was still behind, I let him have run of the next corner and I switched to his outside so I could get the cutback into the next corner because I knew he'd go wide due to him just being worse at the track than me.

He didn't get any damage, didn't get pushed off, didn't lose any time so why should I give myself 5 seconds? If I make a mistake (Everyone makes mistakes) and take someone off I give the place back and apologise straight away in chat.

As for the le mans videos (there are two different ones) the 22 second one where he cut the corner and crashed into my side, spinning me into the road because of his stupidity I potentially ruined other drivers races. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiDWFueZGQ), I personally would issue a warning to this player and if he receives x warnings then a community moderator inspects and can prohibit him from either racing online or demoting him to a "crasher" class where he can only race with other crashers for a week, if he was to get demoted/prohibited week in, week out then eventually just permanently ban from online play.

As for this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAcFhRKrVk the player is either a major crasher or he lags like crazy... or both. In which case he should receive an on-screen notification telling him that he is lagging and should automatically be ghosted, maybe even restricted from playing online...

For me what needs to happen is the ability to report a player to the developers in the game, if someone gets enough votes the developers can monitor them and if they are seen to be too aggressive, ban them from online. Yup, revoke their online access to the game. Very harsh but end of the day people play to enjoy the game and if you're being an asshole and stopping that, you should be stopped from playing.

Yeah, exactly that sort of thing would be good. In my eyes something like this would be good:

1) If you receive 15 reports then you are submitted to an "under investigation" list.
2) Selected community members can spectate the player without taking up a spot in-game OR add the ability to automatically save that players next 5 race replays and then have a community vote on wether they deserver a infraction point on their account.
3) An infraction point will suspend them from main lobby's for a week demoting them to only be able to play with other members who are also suspended from main lobby's (if there aren't any then unfortunately it's an online suspension).
4) After a week they are returned to being able to play with everyone and the same happens again.
5) After you accumulate 5 infraction points your suspension from main lobby's would increase to 1 month.
6) A month of 0 infraction points would automatically reduce your total infraction points by 1 (minus the time from the suspended main lobby period)
7) If you receive 10 infraction points in 5 months you would receive a 3 month ban.
8) If you manage to get to 25 infraction points then you would receive a permanent main and suspended online ban where they can only race with other banned accounts.

Snip...

- Maximum Grid Size: 12 or 16
- Rolling Start: On

I disagree, I had a game yesterday in private with 20 players and it went smoothly, no crashing and it was fun.

I hate the rolling starts, I like grid starts which require more skill and if you're like me (Mark Webber of Project Cars) I get terrible starts so I have to make my way back up which adds to its difficulty.

Snip...

- Force Realistic Driving Aids: On

I agree on this though, I personally race with most off and I can cope with it but others who can't are severley left behind because they can't keep up... if they were forced on then I would be at the same level in terms of driving aids as them so it equalizes online races.

Eric Rowland
01-06-2015, 00:30
Guess what?...Real Life....a bunch of young guys in the European Formula 3 championship can't behave themselves and keep crashing into each other. So, former Ferrari team manager and now FIA single seater commissioner Stefano Domenecali says "No More"!! and has the race stopped! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119247

Hyflex
01-06-2015, 00:39
Guess what?...Real Life....a bunch of young guys in the European Formula 3 championship can't behave themselves and keep crashing into each other. So, former Ferrari team manager and now FIA single seater commissioner Stefano Domenecali says "No More"!! and has the race stopped! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119247

A WMD member who is posting off-topic wow... that is really not relevant to this discussion.

Kickbox
01-06-2015, 05:42
We still need penalty for cutting. Every car, that don't keep more than a half side on track, must get a 5 second penalty.

Eric Rowland
01-06-2015, 05:56
A WMD member who is posting off-topic wow... that is really not relevant to this discussion.

Yes it is relevant...unless you have never been crashed into and/or rammed head-on and/or hit up the back by impatient young people that cannot race clean and responsibly. Whether it's in pCars multiplayer or European F3 at Monza makes no difference. And that's not off-topic young man. I'm not surprised you don't see the correlation.

MABlosfeld
01-06-2015, 15:27
After the game is installed a screen appears giving level of difficulty options.
I do not remember what options are but let's assume they are:
1) Standard
2) Custom
3) Simulation
I see here a great and simple solution, Filter by DIFFICULTY LEVEL.
Within the game has a place with all the information about the player, another great and simple solution, FILTER for SKILL LEVEL.

Developers, we need to use this information to make the race more competitive, fair and fun.

Battlefield has several filters for you to select and one in particular could be used in pCars, game mode:
A) Normal
B) Hardcore
C) Custom
For me would be the solution of many problems.

HARDCORE can not change anything, it is 100% simulation.

hostaman
01-06-2015, 15:48
Yes it is relevant...unless you have never been crashed into and/or rammed head-on and/or hit up the back by impatient young people that cannot race clean and responsibly. Whether it's in pCars multiplayer or European F3 at Monza makes no difference. And that's not off-topic young man. I'm not surprised you don't see the correlation.

Big difference.

This is a game, and it's suposed to be fun.

While i'm sure that programming a sensible punishment system is tough, dismissing the whole subject out of hand is anothe way of saying the devs just don't care, or couldn't be bothered.

If I wanted real life I would take my real car for a drive, but going outside is over rated :D

MABlosfeld
01-06-2015, 16:48
Big difference.

This is a game, and it's suposed to be fun.

While i'm sure that programming a sensible punishment system is tough, dismissing the whole subject out of hand is anothe way of saying the devs just don't care, or couldn't be bothered.

If I wanted real life I would take my real car for a drive, but going outside is over rated :D

I agree
but the way it is I'm not having fun

ocr_racing
01-06-2015, 18:16
You cannot race online cleanly! So that's why we have a private racing league so you can play with out people crashing into you every 5 seconds

Eric Rowland
01-06-2015, 19:41
Obviously this is a game/sim...and it should be fun, but it should be fun for everybody. It's the mind set and attitudes of some of the participants that flat out don't care about anything but themselves. The old but true saying "You're not going to win the race on the first lap but you can lose the race on the first lap" doesn't matter to these impatient boys. They don't really care about winning, they just wanna go someplace...anyplace...and as fast as possible! It's a matter of respect and consideration...stuff that is just plain boring and old fashioned.

MABlosfeld
01-06-2015, 20:37
they have no respect, consideration, education, run like crazy, cause accidents and are not afraid of death do all this in real life
Now think what they can do here in the virtual world

MABlosfeld
01-06-2015, 20:40
You cannot race online cleanly! So that's why we have a private racing league so you can play with out people crashing into you every 5 seconds

I agree
but I'm not finding any private race

Swagger18
05-06-2015, 14:41
Just make all online races ghost cars. I am getting to the point now where I am going to uninstall it. The narrow minded minority, actually to be honest it seems like the majority in this game are so intent with just wanting to ram you the game is becoming intolerable.
Even when the guy has me for pace on the straight he instead wants to ram me off the track, when I am overtaking, rams me off the track. This is not racing. It is some pathetic mentally challenged individuals who think they are at the arcades on bumper cars. Game is going to go to the dogs online unless this is addressed. It will lose its desire.

Ghost_rider
07-06-2015, 00:31
IMHO a decent competitive game have or should have a punishment system on board, and the lack of this in here makes a let down for fun. YOu qualifying for a good start position and the @SSH@les push you of the lane/ track so the have moved one position up at least and we got in the back of the line and as a gift we got punished as well by 5 seconds off, lap count drop or/ and car damage. This game has really a great potential but the bugs and the major subject, the OP has started, is annoying like hell.

JeyD02
07-06-2015, 01:02
Just make all online races ghost cars. I am getting to the point now where I am going to uninstall it. The narrow minded minority, actually to be honest it seems like the majority in this game are so intent with just wanting to ram you the game is becoming intolerable.
Even when the guy has me for pace on the straight he instead wants to ram me off the track, when I am overtaking, rams me off the track. This is not racing. It is some pathetic mentally challenged individuals who think they are at the arcades on bumper cars. Game is going to go to the dogs online unless this is addressed. It will lose its desire.

It's not the games fault people driving bad. Ofc it should have some serious penalty but I hardly disagree that we should have ghost cars it's not an option for these online racing. Srsly. If they implement that there is no competition then.

TC33
07-06-2015, 01:32
im not all for the kick instant button.

you will see people getting kicked cause there in first place about 3 second ahead.it would get really really bad fast.

dose the online reputation thing work? mine just has all zeros