PDA

View Full Version : [LOUDER] please improve the sound of tires.

davide vr
19-05-2015, 12:57
Please improve the sounds of tires.
Now are really horrible

MysterG
19-05-2015, 13:06
Can you give any more information? Improve them in what way.

Right now your post is no more than a vague opinion with no hint as to what direction anyone should take as far as "improving" goes.

Fre.Mo
19-05-2015, 15:55
In my opinion, the sound of the tires is not horrible, it is just not enough loud, I hardly ear them on PS4.

Siberian Tiger
19-05-2015, 15:57
A separate Slider for Tire Sounds is allready on the Improvements List ;)

It's surely not Priority, but it will be worked on :)

ThaJay
19-05-2015, 18:30
yes tire / engine volume sliders would be super nice

tennenbaum
19-05-2015, 22:14
yes. at the moment you don't get enough acustical feedback of how close you are to loose grip.

davide vr
21-05-2015, 13:01
Can you give any more information? Improve them in what way.

Right now your post is no more than a vague opinion with no hint as to what direction anyone should take as far as "improving" goes.

the sound of tires when loose grip is similar to a rasp on a piece of wood, and the volume is too low. Is this enough clear?

SpaceMachine
21-05-2015, 13:09
In my opinion, the sound of the tires is not horrible, it is just not enough loud, I hardly ear them on PS4.

Go to audio settings and drop the engine volume to around 80. You'll hear the tyres just fine :)

Deadzone
21-05-2015, 13:19
Go to audio settings and drop the engine volume to around 80. You'll hear the tyres just fine :)

The tire sounds are linked to the engine sounds so that won't work.

townnet
21-05-2015, 14:28
And please REVERT effect on the track.

mister dog
21-05-2015, 15:23
Don't forget wind noise! Even at 300 k's in open cars you don't hear the wind, whilst in real life that would be all you hear. (I hope this will be included in the sliders?).

Also tunnel reverb is missing in some places like the tunnel at Monaco. Having this SFX accentuated a lot would give us all boners for sure :cool:

davide vr
21-05-2015, 15:55

not work, and in any case the sampling of the sound is terrible.

gp20
21-05-2015, 16:15
Slick tyres do not make noise. Do you know it?

aussiejeff
21-05-2015, 19:29

R U kidding me?

Pretty sure when I watch the V8 supercars in OZ - whenever they lock those slicks up there is a rather high pitched "SCREEEEEEE-E-E-C-H-H-H..." ing sound coming from them. The smoother the track, the louder the squeal. The coarser the track surface, the louder the scrubbing sound. Road circuits in general make for the loudest squealers!

Or maybe I'm having tinnitus attacks at strangely coincidental moments.... lol

Of course, from in-car, the sound is often masked by the engine/gearbox racket...depending on how loud the combo is - from outside, you can clearly hear the tyre sound from slicks losing traction. Current F1 is a case in point....:friendly_wink:

davide vr
22-05-2015, 07:06

:hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness:

creepyd
22-05-2015, 21:11
+1 for tyre noise slider.

gp20
22-05-2015, 22:11
R U kidding me?

Pretty sure when I watch the V8 supercars in OZ - whenever they lock those slicks up there is a rather high pitched "SCREEEEEEE-E-E-C-H-H-H..." ing sound coming from them. The smoother the track, the louder the squeal. The coarser the track surface, the louder the scrubbing sound. Road circuits in general make for the loudest squealers!

Or maybe I'm having tinnitus attacks at strangely coincidental moments.... lol

Of course, from in-car, the sound is often masked by the engine/gearbox racket...depending on how loud the combo is - from outside, you can clearly hear the tyre sound from slicks losing traction. Current F1 is a case in point....:friendly_wink:
They don't at all make the noise of road tyres and i feel the noise in PC accurate. Now it could be louder.
Do you want me to post some videos of GT races or you can go by yourself on youtube and check?