PDA

View Full Version : Cold Tires + GT2 Wheel = Impossible to drive?

KID--A
19-05-2015, 13:37
Just wondering if anyone is having this problem, or if it's specific to my Fanatec GT2 Wheel...

When I first start a race and my tires are cold the car will unpredictably veer left and right. Any minor steering adjustment I make to correct this just ends up with me driving down the straight like someone that's had too many glasses of Bourbon that day... I have never raced a real car before, but I have a hard time believing that a car would behave like that on cold tires, even at high speeds. I played with a controller for a bit first before I got my wheel setup and the behavior is similar, but it feels worse with the wheel. Everything is fine once the tires get warm.

There are two big problems I have with this. 1. The AI controlled cars don't seem to have this problem. They appear to be going all out on the first lap without having to deal with a car that feels like it is on ice. 2. I can't go straight without fighting the car ever inch of the way.

This isn't enough to make me stop playing the game, but I do feel a bit cheated by the cold tire problem.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 13:43
Sounds like an issue on your end. What are your Fanatec driver, on-wheel tuning menu and in-game wheel settings? Did you calibrate your steering wheel in-game?
What car(s) are you talking about?

KID--A
19-05-2015, 13:46
I have only driven the Karts and the Catrahm Classic with the wheel. Both of them had the same issue. I know the GT2 has a massive deadzone problem, but I adjusted the settings to make that more bearable... I am at work right now, so I can't tell you the settings I am using. I know I had to jack the in-game steering sensitivity up to 90 to compensate for the deadzone issue.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 13:48
I have only driven the Karts and the Catrahm Classic with the wheel. Both of them had the same issue. I know the GT2 has a massive deadzone problem, but I adjusted the settings to make that more bearable... I am at work right now, so I can't tell you the settings I am using. I know I had to jack the in-game steering sensitivity up to 90 to compensate for the deadzone issue.
Deadzone issue on PC? I only know of issues on the PS4 (that will be solved in an upcoming patch).

KID--A
19-05-2015, 13:53
I posted this in the PS4 section didn't I?? I am on PS4.

Oh I see it says PC in my profile... I will change that.

killer2293
19-05-2015, 14:20
Cold tires are tough. It usually takes a lap or more to warm the tires up. I just go very easy on the throttle especially in turns...far more aggressive on straights and braking trying to warm them up. I find the deadzone far more tricky to navigate.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 14:21
GT2 wheel issue on PS4 is known, it's treated as a gamepad currently by the game. As said, this will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

KID--A
19-05-2015, 14:22
So you think the erratic behavior with cold tires is due to the deadzone issue then? I just find it odd that everything is fine once the tires get warm.