PDA

View Full Version : gearbox problems,x box one

dpd1975
19-05-2015, 14:14
Hi all first post,is anyone having issues with manual gearbox?
every now and then mine gearing down mine just jumps into first and veers me off track or select neutral and then wont let me select a gear?
im using x box one game pad.

Niveous21
19-05-2015, 14:28
I am having this same problem. It is happening to me in the Formula Rookie car. I'll be in 4th gear, hit the downshift once and i'm in 2nd or 1st. Obviously this causes an immediate spin. Once it even shifted straight from 4th into reverse!

I'm using manual w/o clutch, no other assists, with an XB1 controller (if that helps with diagnosing). I was wondering if the corresponding button on my controller was broken, but now I'm curious how many are having this issue.

z3r0cool77
19-05-2015, 14:30
What are you using for gear shifts?

dpd1975
19-05-2015, 14:33
using X for upshift and A for downshift

FLASHRADAR
19-05-2015, 15:08
Same issue. I'm using a TX wheel with the default configuration for gear shift (RB/LB), manual w/o clutch and no assists. Sometimes too, impossible to downshift. I've got the limited digital edition.

Niveous21
20-05-2015, 20:42
using X for upshift and A for downshift

This is also my config.

Ixoye56
20-05-2015, 21:03
I'm using A for upshift and B for downshift and I have never had any gear shift problems (Limited Disc)

WhiteNinja636
20-05-2015, 21:12
Im B up shifts and X down shifts and haven't experienced this issue

z3r0cool77
20-05-2015, 21:41
I haven't had any shifting problems either other than the right stick being too sensitive for shifting use. This is the second place I've seen a post about gear change issues though.

xVampirAx
20-05-2015, 21:45
(for xbox 1)i have been having to use auto gears as i havent been able to save the changes i needed to make to switch the buttons for the gears so that i could use manual instead.i just need to know how you do this and also so that it is saved rather than it saying i need to reassign the other buttons even though i use a controller rather than a wheel.

Ixoye56
20-05-2015, 22:24
(for xbox 1)i have been having to use auto gears as i havent been able to save the changes i needed to make to switch the buttons for the gears so that i could use manual instead.i just need to know how you do this and also so that it is saved rather than it saying i need to reassign the other buttons even though i use a controller rather than a wheel.

For me it was DRS and handbrake I had to reassign after I use gears to A and B, ie, you have to reassign the allocations that are on buttons you want to use for gearchange (hope you understand my poor English)

transfix
21-05-2015, 00:21
A/X is my setup as well and I haven't had any issues as such. I will keep an eye out for it now.

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 00:34
Same issue as on PS4.

xVampirAx
21-05-2015, 10:34
For me it was DRS and handbrake I had to reassign after I use gears to A and B, ie, you have to reassign the allocations that are on buttons you want to use for gearchange (hope you understand my poor English)

i did reassign the buttons for drs,handbreak and also clutch but it still will not let me do the changes i need.

HBK
21-05-2015, 11:05
Never had this issue (manual shifting works, and never skips a gear).

What I've seen quite a bit, however, is that the game sometimes mess with the actual gearbox. For example it would set the second gear to be the same as the third gear. Which obviously feels pretty weird when driving (and would look like what you described, giving the impression of skipping gears).

I didn't check if it just messes with the gearbox of if it may also mess with other settings (suspension and all that).

But it certainly happened a lot of time with the gear ratios.

Charles Gillen
21-05-2015, 11:07
You know when youre using a controller to type a message and occasionally you get double and tripple hits on a key?
Looooks likke thiss?
Same thing is happening with shifting in game. It's actually not got anything to do with the game. Just sensitive buttons on your controllers. It always seems to happen when youre finally nailing that "best ever" lap or chasing down that driver up ahead. It's the pressure used to punch the next gear....Charles