PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars is the best racing sim ever because.......

Dutchmountains
19-05-2015, 15:33
On this forum there are a lot negative things going on.

Now i wannna start a topic thats only positive.

So if you just found points to say why this is the best game ever...then place it right here.

Thanks

Dutchmountains
19-05-2015, 15:34
Let me start.

PC is the best ever because its got a beautiful real time weather system wich makes it much more realistec to play.

LADY GEMMA JANE
19-05-2015, 15:40
PC is the Best game on xbox 1
beats forza5 by miles!

maTech
19-05-2015, 15:45
For me it is the best racing sim ever because:

- circuit de La Sarthe with 56 cars!!
- lmp cars
- large grids on most of the tracks
- beautiful cars and tracks
- beautiful day and night change
- the best overall package
- i can feel how much work and love the developers put in this game
- it is a racing game for real racers and not a driving simulator
- focus on racing cars
- it is something we never had before

and the most important point is: I can't stop playing! (yes thats a good sign :))

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 15:50
really? I like the game but its far from worthy of an absolute superlative. That's just uninformed and down right fan boyish.

Ian Bell
19-05-2015, 15:50
really? I like the game but its far from worthy of an absolute superlative. That's just uninformed and down right fan boyish.

Killjoy.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 15:52
Yes you are all fanboiz

Come on Lordy: let them have their thread. Also let's all avoid labels please (fanboi, hater, crybaby etc)

NemethR
19-05-2015, 15:52
Because the sense of grip through the FFB beats anything I ever palyed, nad I can Push much easier, as I can actually feel the grip of the car.
Also because of this, one makes less mistakes, and can easily drive faster with more confidence.

Big thumbs up on that (Y)

gbm
19-05-2015, 15:53
I guess I have to go with the obvious:

...because I'm really excited to get home from work everyday and play.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 15:58
Haha ..sorry don't mean to be a party pooper :) . I have been playing the game till my eyeballs start to itch everyday , so that's saying something. I definitely cant remember the last time I gave a game this much mileage.

jgaganas
19-05-2015, 15:58
...because it brings fun "back" into sim-/not sim-racing.

Hardcore <> Fun... in fact it's the other way around (IMHO).

Kingleo
19-05-2015, 16:00
because of the physics.....you can push it and it pushes back :)

maTech
19-05-2015, 16:02

I played GTR1, GTR2, rFactor, rFactor 2, iRacing, GT5, Forza 4.......In MY opinion pCars is the best. That has nothing to do with being a fanboy (I hate this word). I never had so much fun with a racing game and that is important for me! For those people who don't like it, don't play it. Nobody will ever change my attitude to this game because they think they have to badmouth everything and there are many people in this forum who try it everyday.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 16:07
Lets keep it positive friends. Some people are still having issues, they will be helped soon but we do not need to isolate them. Soon they will be fixed up and racing with us. Respect for all on/off track

oneBIGkicker
19-05-2015, 16:20
Nite Racing! New Tracks! competitive classes! The Feel of the cars! qualifying for a on line race! the rumble strips! from pits i can watch others on track! Large Fields vs AI! The AI is Great IMO!

Lots of issues are a pain, But hey Life has a lot of issues and I still enjoy that!
Best game Ever IMO! HAve not palyed anything else, Hell have not even watched TV since Tuesday and I am a big Cavs fan and have decided to play Pcars instead of watching playoff B-Ball!

Mr Akina
19-05-2015, 16:21
The AI. They race hard and make mistakes. (80-90 on Xbone). If the career mode wasn't soulless, it'd be the best racer ever.

P75
19-05-2015, 16:31
What makes PC great for me is that I can feel my abilities improve every day. When I started the Clio community event on Brands Hatch Indy, I could barely get under 53 seconds. Normally I'd just forget about it and move on, but I somehow felt compelled to continue and even fiddle with the setup of the car (something I wouldn't normally bother with). As the event was ending, I could drive lap after lap without making any glaring mistakes, and my times were constantly in the high 51s or low 52s. I managed a time of 51.688, which is far from the best, but A LOT better than I expected. That experience left me hungry for more. :)

maTech
19-05-2015, 16:33
By the way: I remember my first racing game on dos (Indianapolis 500 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqmzVhsgcU). If somebody had told me in 1995 (when i played it for the first time) that in 2015 there will be a game like pCars i had said: Guy you are crazy!

KonsolerroR
19-05-2015, 16:44
Yes PCars is a nice sim for the PS and Xbo. Like it much to play it with my son, who is 7 :)

vettelish
19-05-2015, 16:44
I think its a combination of many things...

detail
passion for racing from the developers
great sense of speed , not like others when your going 100 it looks like 1500
all the cars in game you WANT to drive.
track selection is best I have seen

I live about 45 min from Road America . I have been to the track over 50 times and even raced on it...this game is almost as good as real life

Dutchmountains
19-05-2015, 16:52
Lets keep it positive friends. Some people are still having issues, they will be helped soon but we do not need to isolate them. Soon they will be fixed up and racing with us. Respect for all on/off track

Yes with all the respect for everybody on this forum.
Pro's here and con's on the other threads, no problem.
This is just ok to see there are also, so many happy players.

PorcheDad986
19-05-2015, 17:13
I played GTR1, GTR2, rFactor, rFactor 2, iRacing, GT5, Forza 4.......In MY opinion pCars is the best. That has nothing to do with being a fanboy (I hate this word). I never had so much fun with a racing game and that is important for me! For those people who don't like it, don't play it. Nobody will ever change my attitude to this game because they think they have to badmouth everything and there are many people in this forum who try it everyday.

mmmmmm....Good yes. Better than rFactor and Forza, yea I would agree. Maybe better than AC. Better than iRacing?.....nah, have to part company there. Has the POTENTIAL to be I'd agree, but isn't there yet. Maybe when I get more time behind the wheel and get in some clean, fun, league races I will change my mind, but right now I still like iRacing a bit more.

Pr3t3nd3r
19-05-2015, 17:15
Simple :) Because it's a pCARS and non other game can be that :D

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 17:31
Momma said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." So, in this thread, I'll do as momma said and stay quiet. Know what I'm sayin'?

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 17:55
Best game Ever IMO! HAve not palyed anything else, Hell have not even watched TV since Tuesday and I am a big Cavs fan and have decided to play Pcars instead of watching playoff B-Ball!
CAVS fan?!? Might have to ban you for that!

Microcosmix
19-05-2015, 17:57
Because the sense of grip through the FFB beats anything I ever palyed, nad I can Push much easier, as I can actually feel the grip of the car.
Also because of this, one makes less mistakes, and can easily drive faster with more confidence.

Big thumbs up on that (Y)

This! Precisly what i was about to say and you Buddy said it first so clearly.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 17:58
CAVS fan?!? Might have to ban you for that!
Second that. But I'm a Miami fan so you know where I'm coming from.

TheIronWolf
19-05-2015, 18:22
While, sorry, I can't call this best sim ever (yet, still need to figure out FFB), but I want to say a big thank you to SMS and community for producing the most complete touring car racing offering (with modern graphics) on the market as of today. I love that game is also well optimized. I am sure issues will be flushed out and some missing details will be added (solo race mandatory pit stops, custom championships, possibly FFB improvements). In fact, I never buy games as they come out (or install new OS before SP1), in this case I was lucky to get this game as a gift. I know I am lucky to have no issues (aside from collision detection bugs), but I am sure game will get more stable and reliable for all with upcoming patches.

I just love real time/real weather features - you just go, and there's no choice, you race in conditions are here in real life. And with outdated hardware - no problems. Thanks and good luck SMS.

oneBIGkicker
19-05-2015, 18:40
Second that. But I'm a Miami fan so you know where I'm coming from.

truth be told, I am a CLEVELAND Fan, born and raised! And I love it here!
I am 42 and have never seen any of my Teams win it all! So hell yeah GO CAVS!

too bad I wont see it, will be on Pcars!

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 18:52
truth be told, I am a CLEVELAND Fan, born and raised! And I love it here!
I am 42 and have never seen any of my Teams win it all! So hell yeah GO CAVS!

too bad I wont see it, will be on Pcars!

That statement would actually make really good advertising copy.

Haiden
19-05-2015, 18:54
Because SMS had enough balls to think outside the box. And also because they actually listened to what players said they wanted, and what they didn't want, as well.

GTsimms
19-05-2015, 18:57
Because it runs on my AMD system at 1080 with no problems! I actually haven't touched the ingame settings, it runs fine at 60 fps(the lowest seen is about 45 and highest is 108) and looks really good on high. So I don't need ultra and super xxxx by xxxx res!

GibsonLyman74
19-05-2015, 18:59
What really sets Project Cars apart for me is the way they have the career mode set up. The Forza system, of starting with crappy cars and saving up money to get better cars, is bland and outdated. Project Cars keeps me hooked because I care about my career and I want points to move up to the next series. I have an incentive to hold on to 6th place in a race and not get bored because I made a crucial mistake early on that put the leaders out of my reach. They let me decide what I can drive, where, and when. Not to mention the fact that the game play on Xbox One is as good as any racing game I have played on a console. This game also seems like it was made with Racing Wheel controllers at the forefront, not just an adaptable afterthought like some other game. I love Project Cars!

slow-mo-bro
19-05-2015, 20:18
Project CARS is the best SIM every because the Handling model is great and it comes with a pretty good damage model. And soon will have full pit stops. I also like how we all finally have a serious racing game. I love the arcade racers but I am so glad for Projects CARS. The game feels great and is awesome to play. I'M ADDICTED!:stung::D:D

Thomas Heineman
19-05-2015, 20:25
The tire model is no joke...glad you are having a good time with it!

Mr.Smoke
19-05-2015, 21:40
I just love everything this game brings to the table. The level of detail in absolutely everything has surpassed my expectations 10 times over. Its such an immersive experience that i just cant get enough of. Especially when paired witha racing wheel.

gpk99
19-05-2015, 21:52
Discounting the odd bug(really now...has there ever been a game released bug-free?..answer:No)PC is the best racing game ever because.....of it's diversity,simplicity in form,it's dynamic nature(fun for everyone-beginner and hardcore) and it looks absolutely friggin GREAT....well done SMS

Ryzza5
23-05-2015, 10:54
The volumetric throttle (accelerator) modeling that accounts for air temperature and pressure is second to none.

John Hargreaves
23-05-2015, 13:50
I like the courage that SMS had, to treat the player as a grownup. I‘m happy to choose how to play without being forced into pointless grinding, but I think it was a ballsy move from SMS because nobody was used to playing that way.

I also love the fact that SMS had the courage to put out something that was easy to play but hard to master, and that the rewards would come from genuinely improving your own skills rather than earning fantasy credits.

Lastly, imo, when you get that sweet combination of a great car on the right track it‘s the best driving feel I have ever experienced in any game.

duce2869
23-05-2015, 14:11
For me the game has serious character coming from a combination of great graphics and amazing sound which hook you in for hours at a time. The small details I keep noticing show a lot of thought has gone into making the game, like the sound of the suspension creaking and tyres squealing around corners is done very well. Online is addictive as hell, racing constantly since I got the game on day 1. Well done to everyone involved in getting this game to market and I just have one request for the future and that is the ability to save specific car liveries with a setup for quick loading when online.
Keep up the good work and thanks for livening up my PS4 enjoyment, as this is the best racing experience out there.

mcscott
23-05-2015, 15:49
Although I will admit that I haven't been playing it much recently (will do more once the new patch for controller comes), I have to say that the thing I enjoy most is the structure of the career mode. It's so refreshing to see a career mode in a racing game done right for a change, rather than the usual grind that you get in the likes of Forza.

Robbo-92
23-05-2015, 15:56
I dare say it will be the best sim, when it actually gets released on Wii U so I can play it! :)

SpeedLimitUnknown
25-05-2015, 07:00
By the way: I remember my first racing game on dos (Indianapolis 500 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqmzVhsgcU). If somebody had told me in 1995 (when i played it for the first time) that in 2015 there will be a game like pCars i had said: Guy you are crazy!

I loved Indianapolis 500 and bought it way back in 1989 lol! Papyrus first driving Sim and I was hooked. The physics, the ai, the track detail, the car damage, setup adjustments, the replays, everything! And to think it was a single track modelling just a few different open wheel race cars!

Project Cars makrs me feel like I did back then, giddy and excited and I'm continually amazed at the details and overall feel of the car physics. It's the most exciting and rewarding racing sim I've played. I know SMS will fix the current issues and that can only mean it's just going to get that much better!

gp20
25-05-2015, 07:28
Because there is no concurrence on XB1/PS4.
With time i hope there will be concurrence on these new plateformes.

roost
04-07-2015, 00:32
Older thread....(sorry).
I have been racing since the DOS Nascar.
I currently have Corsa,RFact2,RRRE..and yes Iracing on my drive (along with many older sims).

Here is what I like about it.
The ffb on my g27 "out of the box" feels just as good as Iracing to me.
No other sim can say that.

You get lots of nice cars and tracks (out of the box) without feeling like your wallet is going to catch on fire.

Yes the car dynamics are a tad non-sim..but you know what?
I don't care!
Its fun....I can usually find a good race at a different track than Spa (ahem...Corsa).

Hard days work...kids in bed...need a quick fix....
This game is my go to.

This "sim" does the most important thing best...Its fun.
That is all.

Brent G
04-07-2015, 07:06

Yeah because heaven forbade that anyone may start a positive thread, what we need is more and more posts griping about issues that we are all now full aware off. Thank you. Yours faithfully, A. Fanboi x.

Whisky
04-07-2015, 07:18
it's the best racing sim because:

about 150 hours played and still having a blast :yes:
let me Forget every hard working day :yes:
i allways want to Play more :) :yes:

cluck
04-07-2015, 07:57
This "sim" does the most important thing best...Its fun.
That is all.I couldn't agree more :). Games for me can be mentally stimulating, educational, immersive, thought-provoking or mindless but, the moment they stop being fun, they stop being a game I want to play. How we derive our fun is different for everybody but, for me, Project CARS is up there with the best of them (games) for working as the perfect antidote to life's stresses.