PDA

View Full Version : T300RS, Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals & BasherBoards' CPX Adapter Issues

Jump_Ace
19-05-2015, 16:54
Equipment:
- Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals [plugged into] BasherBoards' CPX Adapter [plugged into] Thrustmaster T300RS

Symptoms:
- I know the issue with my pedals happens because the L2 button stops working at the same time
- In-game, the L2 button doesn't work, the CSR Elite brake pedal doesn't work, sometimes the brake pedal is registered as constantly partially pressed and/or gas pedal flips from 0 to 100 instantly during the pedal calibration

Possible Causes:
- PS4 not giving enough power for the CPX Adapter (powered via USB)
- If I plugged the CPX adapter into my computer for power, it began to work again - usually (while the T300 is still plugged into my PS4)
- I had to buy one of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SIQIV04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to get sufficient power. I fear that when I attempt to play PCars again, I'll still have issues
- I can't rule out that it isn't PCars causing the L2 button to not work. When that happens, and I bounce to the main PS4 XMB the L2 button works just fine

Other info:
- I used the CPX adapter for a long time playing GT6 on the PS3 and never had any issues what-so-ever, the reliability of my setup for GT6 was astounding
- I've re-updated the firmware on the T300 last night and installed the drivers on my windows computer. The wheel was recognized instantly and the gas and brake pedals worked fine (while the CPX adapter was plugged into the usb powered hub). So as best as I can tell the USB powered hub is supplying enough juice to the CPX adapter
- I can't figure out why PCars sometimes doesn't properly recognize my pedals and sometimes it does and then stops.
- I haven't changed any settings on the pedals so the calibration is the same

Does anyone else have this same/similar setup with a CPX adapter on the PS4? Because everything always worked perfectly for a couple years of playing GT6 I can't accept that the CPX adapter is the issue. I can accept the PS4 isn't giving the CPX adapter enough power, but it has enough now. The L2 button is very strange and must be a bug in PCars because it works outside of the game just fine (plus there's log of bugs in PCars admittedly). I don't think there's an issue with my T300 because the FFB never fluctuates, even when the fan kicks in it's as strong as ever and it's properly recognized on my windows computer. Plus if the L2 button was defective it wouldn't work at all.

So, I'd like to report my findings as I'm hoping there is a firmware update that SMS can request from Sony about supplying better power via USB. And report the issues with my pedals to SMS. Thanks!

Jerome

Jump_Ace
06-06-2015, 23:35
I wish you guys would open up the real forums for us to use, whatever. It seems my work around is to exit the game, power off the PS4 and T300 and CPX adapter and fire it all back up. Annoying but not the end of the world.

It looks like this issue all boils down to the bug found here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes), so I guess I'll just wait. Man this game is just spectacular when I don't have pedal issues.

Jerome

McKiernan
13-06-2015, 20:22
I have the exact same set up & up until I downloaded patch 1.4 I had no issues whatsoever using this set up with Project Cars. Unfortunately I can't say the same since. After I downloaded the patch I had issues with my break pedal so went to re-calibrate them. When I tried to calibrate my pedals I noticed that my clutch & accelerator would operate digitally (it would go from 0% to 100%) as soon as I put any pressure on the pedal, but the bigger problem was that the break pedal was not registering at all.
Fearing that the issue might be with my CPX adapter, I plugged my wheel into my laptop and used the Thrustmaster profiler to see if there was any difference and there was as on my laptop there were no issues with my pedals, everything worked as it should including all buttons and wheel inputs. When I went back to Project Cars I had the same issues with the pedals as before.
As I mentioned before, up until the patch 1.4 I had been using my set up & thoroughly enjoying Project Cars with no issues. Given that everything is working fine on the Thrustmaster profiler I believe the patch introduced a bug for this type of set up, which is a shame. Hopefully this can be looked into and a solution can be found.

Jump_Ace
14-06-2015, 14:15
A small update, I think my CPX adapter may be going out. I recently opened a brand new set of Elite pedals and they exhibit the same intermittent behavior. I'll be getting a replacement CPX adapter soon and I'll give it a whirl, but something tells me there is a bug between PCars and the CPX adapter.

Jerome

McKiernan
15-06-2015, 17:29
A small update, I think my CPX adapter may be going out. I recently opened a brand new set of Elite pedals and they exhibit the same intermittent behavior. I'll be getting a replacement CPX adapter soon and I'll give it a whirl, but something tells me there is a bug between PCars and the CPX adapter.

Jerome
So I did some further testing today to see if I could discover what's up. First of all I went back onto my laptop & tried using the wheel with R3E & COPA PETROBRAS DE MARCAS. Everything was working as expected, which confirmed what the Thrustmaster profiler was indicating.
One difference between using a T300 on PC & on PS4 is that the wheel must be put in PS3 mode by flicking the switch on the bottom left of the wheelbase (beside the mode button).
This gave me the idea to try using the wheel with Project Cars on PS4 with the wheel in PS3 mode. This time I was able to calibrate the wheel and pedals properly :) So at least there was some progress, even if not ideal. Then I tried turning off my PS4 and resetting the wheel to PS4 mode and trying again to calibrate the wheel and pedals. Unfortunately I still was unable to calibrate my break pedal at all :(
Seeing as how my wheel & pedals worked perfectly on my laptop & on my PS4 (if the t300 was in PS3 mode) I was convinced the problem, in my case was not with the CPX adapter.
In the end I decided to delete all Project Cars data from my PS4 (I have the digital edition) then re-download and install the game, then each add on individually. This worked, now I can calibrate everything & can enjoy the game again.
Hopefully this info can help you or others out who might have similar issues.

Jump_Ace
18-06-2015, 01:08
I'm going to try deleting and re-installing the game too, I'm not far into career mode (cause I've spent 4x the time troubleshooting vs driving) *eyeroll* Hopefully a reinstall will fix it.

I did get a brand new CPX adapter today and the exact same behavior is happening again. The game just flat refuses to acknowledge my brake pedal and half the time the gas pedal skips to 100% throttle at 20% travel.

EDIT: Deleting the game and my profile data and re-installing did nothing. I bought Drive Club for $24.99 to test against my setup. I never once had any problems on the PS3 and GT6. We'll see if DC has any issues.

Jerome

Jump_Ace
18-06-2015, 16:16
Well after staying up later that I would've liked, it seems that I just have some bad luck or something. My brand new pedals must be defective, or my T300RS wheel is defective. Driveclub and my laptop are exhibiting the same behavior as PCars. It seems very odd that my new pedals would go out again after just a couple hours of use....I even replaced the load cell on the brake pedal with a new one. I will try plugging my brake pedal into the gas pedal port on the little motherboard for my pedals and see what happens.

Jerome

Dan_29
24-07-2015, 04:42
Hey guys, I'm interested in buying the same setup: T300RS, Fanatec Elite Pedals with the CPX Adapter, but first I want to know if you guys finally resolve the issue you were talking about with the pedals in PCars.

Thxs!

Dan

Diablo944
24-07-2015, 05:37
Just a quick add on, likely useless to you guys if you know theres another issue though.

I dont think the ps4 outputs power anywhere near as reliably as the ps3 used to. I have one of the four port hubs that slot in the front of the ps4. I had something similar on ps3 and never had any issues. But trying to use wheel (yes, i know, tm apparently advise against it and i can see why) with shifter and headset dongle caused occasional issues. Leave a controller on charge and things were more of an issue. I have no details on actual power taken or provided by the usb, but ps3 never gave me any issues at all, while the four ort adapter has now been retired and i have to keep swapping stuff out to charge controllers. Why sony chose to have so few usb ports, especially when the official headset uses a dongle (also a wtf moment here) never ceases to amaze me.

Titzon Toast
30-07-2016, 15:23
Holy thread resurrection Batman...
I'm having trouble with my throttle spiking while playing Pcars using my CPX, T500, CSP combination.
I've gone through my pedals and changed the mother board and pedal boards to no avail.
When I play Dirt Rally using the same combo, it runs like a watch.
I'm going to test everything tonight on some other racing games to see if the problem shows up anywhere else.

EDIT
I'm a cabbage, after I had done a complete reinstall of PCars it turns out that Autobrake was on! My poor pal Savoury was tearing his hair out trying to figure out what was wrong.
All is good again.

SimRacingTech
26-10-2016, 15:56
Equipment:
- Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals [plugged into] BasherBoards' CPX Adapter [plugged into] Thrustmaster T300RS

Symptoms:
- I know the issue with my pedals happens because the L2 button stops working at the same time
- In-game, the L2 button doesn't work, the CSR Elite brake pedal doesn't work, sometimes the brake pedal is registered as constantly partially pressed and/or gas pedal flips from 0 to 100 instantly during the pedal calibration

Possible Causes:
- PS4 not giving enough power for the CPX Adapter (powered via USB)
- If I plugged the CPX adapter into my computer for power, it began to work again - usually (while the T300 is still plugged into my PS4)
- I had to buy one ofto get sufficient power. I fear that when I attempt to play PCars again, I'll still have issues
- I can't rule out that it isn't PCars causing the L2 button to not work. When that happens, and I bounce to the main PS4 XMB the L2 button works just fine

Other info:
- I used the CPX adapter for a long time playing GT6 on the PS3 and never had any issues what-so-ever, the reliability of my setup for GT6 was astounding
- I've re-updated the firmware on the T300 last night and installed the drivers on my windows computer. The wheel was recognized instantly and the gas and brake pedals worked fine (while the CPX adapter was plugged into the usb powered hub). So as best as I can tell the USB powered hub is supplying enough juice to the CPX adapter
- I can't figure out why PCars sometimes doesn't properly recognize my pedals and sometimes it does and then stops.
- I haven't changed any settings on the pedals so the calibration is the same

Does anyone else have this same/similar setup with a CPX adapter on the PS4? Because everything always worked perfectly for a couple years of playing GT6 I can't accept that the CPX adapter is the issue. I can accept the PS4 isn't giving the CPX adapter enough power, but it has enough now. The L2 button is very strange and must be a bug in PCars because it works outside of the game just fine (plus there's log of bugs in PCars admittedly). I don't think there's an issue with my T300 because the FFB never fluctuates, even when the fan kicks in it's as strong as ever and it's properly recognized on my windows computer. Plus if the L2 button was defective it wouldn't work at all.

So, I'd like to report my findings as I'm hoping there is a firmware update that SMS can request from Sony about supplying better power via USB. And report the issues with my pedals to SMS. Thanks!

Jerome

Hi

I also want to have fanatec club sport pedals played with T300 on PS4. And as far as I know, I should buy an adapter and use it to connect Fanatec pedals and T300 together. So right now, my question is, how many USB cables there need to be connected to the port? I can make sure there is one on T300rs needs to be directly connected to PS4 (can't use any extension cable and hub as warned by Thrustmaster). And as CPX Manuel said there is another USB cable on Adapter needs to be connected to a USB port? So for this one, where did you connect to, to PS4? OR some independent charger or a hub (hub connected to PS4 to get power)? OR a standalone HUB powered by its own charger?