PDA

View Full Version : No LE Content as DLC for PC ever?

poet
19-05-2015, 17:56
A user has posted over on the Steam forums saying that they've been told there will never be an LE DLC for PC due to an exclusivity deal with Steam.
Could someone from SMS confirm this is true?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/617335934127365844/

Also regarding the steam situation, amazon also asked the publisher about the digital version DLC and if can be made available as an upgrade, and the publisher told amazon due to an exclusivty agreement with steam there will never be a seperate DLC package released for the pc. To get the digital edition DLC one has to buy the full game of steam.

Would be disappointing for those that ordered LE retail and didn't have the order honoured.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 18:14
I think there maybe some confusion there between the LE cars and the pre-order bonus cars.

MisterO
19-05-2015, 18:30
Can't remember reading about a definitve yes or no regarding the LE cars (I guess you're talking about the Sauber C9 etc.?), maybe someone else has a better memory then myself. Skipped through some threads at WMD though and didn't find anything that was close to a clear statement.

thisisbleep
20-05-2015, 00:27
The Steam version comes with the Limited Edition cars, please check the store page and you will see the information there.

Cheesenium
20-05-2015, 02:12
If I am not wrong, all digital editions comes with LE content.

The pre-order DLC pack should be up for sale in the future.

R8TEDM3
20-05-2015, 03:37
As Chessenium previously mentioned, digital copies at least from STEAM comes with LE goodies!

MisterO
20-05-2015, 04:48
I guess thats his point: What if you buy the boxed version?

poet
20-05-2015, 05:55
I guess thats his point: What if you buy the boxed version?

Indeed.
It's like they either didn't read it or are deliberately trying to mislead the discussion into the pre-order nonsense, this is nothing to do with the pre-order cock up, this is about the LE cars.

Everyone is fully aware that if you buy from Steam, then the LE pack comes with their version.

However,if you bought pretty much anywhere else and unless you were one of the fortunate few whose retailer actually honoured your LE order (a lot of people ordered LE but were given standard instead) then you have no option to buy it (unlike PS4 and Xbox users who CAN buy it as DLC).

Steams only response is that they will delete your retail key and destroy it so that it can never be used again, so that you can buy the game again, at full price from them to get the LE content.
And no retailer is going to refund you for a destroyed key.

So unless you won the LE lottery with your retailer, it now looks like you're stuffed.
Nice.

Elmo
20-05-2015, 06:38
The Limited Edition cars will be made available to those who bought the retail (non-limited) edition of the game on all platforms in the future.

I don't know the details on the schedule or the pricing yet.

Blackcelica
31-05-2015, 21:43
Thank God for that, there seems to be a lot of PC users that missed out on these cars for various reasons. The LE pack DLC should be made available on steam very soon. The sooner the better. People shouldn't be missing out.

mire2
31-05-2015, 22:31
Well, i hope too that we can buy later the LE and pre-order cars as a DLC......i pre ordered the normal disc version of it for ps4 and never get my pre order bonus ( seems to be they choosed who will get it and who not, amazon shop) terrible......i really would love to drive the LE cars, but i just could buy the normal version of it at the moment so i really hope they add it as a DLC later, both.......absolute great cars in the editions, absolute no gothat it is not in my version :(