PDA

View Full Version : rain?? how to drive?? or is it a bug?

rocafella1978
19-05-2015, 17:59
question for all:
is driving in any rain condition in PCars just hard or is it a bug that no matter which car I pick, no matter what tires i put on the car(s) and even feather the throttle on controller the car(s) spin like crazy out of control but yet AI drivers are on magnetic rails/ wheels or something????
just curious, since i have been able to complete a single lap in rain without crashing and or damaging the car(s)...and yes i spent about 4 hours today just on that various tracks, various tires, various cArs, various conditions...and all failed miserably to be able to complete one lap...??????

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 18:07
Going fast in the rain is going to harder, thats not a bug.

The AI not being affected by weather conditions is a known issue.

JayChristmas
19-05-2015, 18:21
Use softer settings on your car and lower Tire pressure, i think this will help a lot! And of course Use Rain tires!!!

rocafella1978
19-05-2015, 20:48
have gone lowest setting to be honest, will make a video and post I think is easier. no matter what car i pick, have lowered tire pressure and no help, i think might be already flat tires...LOL and softer settings all around.

BUT: if someone has a specific vehicle and specific track and has the RAIN setup, would love to give it a try and test it out. so far i have not been able to control a single car in rain, for more than 2x straights and 3-4x turns....(usually end up damaging and crashing the car)

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 20:53
Dont compare yourself to AI, they are too good in rain

Doug914
19-05-2015, 21:23
Just to be clear on this. There are two things here. The major "too fast in the rain" bug is when the ai is on slicks (racecars) and the weather changes to rain during the race. The AI was seeing it like they had rain tires on. So they would be considerably faster than the players car on slicks. So if you tried to stretch your pitstop any length (like near the end of the race), the player would get killed. This is already fixed, but won't be out real soon because of the testing cycle etc.

The other is when the player and AI are both on rain tires as in a dedicated race that starts in the rain. In this situation most cars are much closer to the players with some a close match and other a bit on the fast side. I'm currently going through testing and tweaking the slick based racecars now and will move to the treaded street cars after that. This will take a couple of weeks most likely. Can't say when this will be released. Thanks everyone for the feedback and patience :)

JayChristmas
19-05-2015, 21:58
When i use rain tires, softer suspension and pushing shock absorber absorber harder and pulling shock absorber softer it works !! But I Cant Run like it's dry, thats normal !! It need a lot of runs to know how fast you can go in which corner !!
But I m a beginner too !! I m not sure, if i m richtig right with all !!
There is a PDF online called "21step Setup guide guide" that works to me

rocafella1978
19-05-2015, 22:48
When i use rain tires, softer suspension and pushing shock absorber absorber harder and pulling shock absorber softer it works !! But I Cant Run like it's dry, thats normal !! It need a lot of runs to know how fast you can go in which corner !!
But I m a beginner too !! I m not sure, if i m richtig right with all !!
There is a PDF online called "21step Setup guide guide" that works to me
thank you all will try. (and yes of course know that it is different than in dry conditions, just don't remember spinning wheels and losing control so much in real life, but also didn't have GT3 car only street version ZR1 (C6) 2009 on the Ring, yes indeed not the same as dry weather but surely kick down/ full throttle in rainy conditions did not feel the same for me personally i can ONLY say. i am sure many others have their own experience. (and yes i was on the Ring in Sept'2009!!)

will look for some pointers for the game, setup guides, PDF's and etc. many thanks for your support and help guys.

rocafella1978
19-05-2015, 22:50
Dont compare yourself to AI, they are too good in rain
possible to win at all against AI at 100% in rain??? or is that mission impossible?

JayChristmas
21-05-2015, 12:36
For me it depends on the track and the car! And also depends on the length of the race! So when i know a track and qualify on pole with ki 90 or even 100, it's possibil to win a short race! But it's hard for many laps to stay without fail, and even the oil temperqture can make problems! In real you have more feeling to the powers in the corner and in rain! I think that make the different für me!
So with some cars or on some tracks i Run ki 70% and on others 80% or, in the rain Perhaps 60 or 50
I already made some setups for Ruf gt3, the stockcar and Ford Sierra, i will Post it here and people can try, if they like and give some feedback

DozUK
21-05-2015, 12:50
Just to be clear on this. There are two things here. The major "too fast in the rain" bug is when the ai is on slicks (racecars) and the weather changes to rain during the race. The AI was seeing it like they had rain tires on. So they would be considerably faster than the players car on slicks. So if you tried to stretch your pitstop any length (like near the end of the race), the player would get killed. This is already fixed, but won't be out real soon because of the testing cycle etc.

The other is when the player and AI are both on rain tires as in a dedicated race that starts in the rain. In this situation most cars are much closer to the players with some a close match and other a bit on the fast side. I'm currently going through testing and tweaking the slick based racecars now and will move to the treaded street cars after that. This will take a couple of weeks most likely. Can't say when this will be released. Thanks everyone for the feedback and patience :)

Thanks Doug for taking the time to explain, I can be patient knowing that you've explained the exact circumstances well and are on the case

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 12:55

Thanks for the info, and all your hard work.

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 13:02

Can I please add something here, I did a 25 lap race in the Oreka Nissan at Le Mans a few days ago in real weather, 20* time and weather.

It started raining hard after a few laps and as expected I got killed by the in game AI. However when it stopped with only 4.5 laps to go I decided to stay out. Within the first lap I was up to slick racing speeds and had more grip and breaking power than on the soft slicks. My fastest time on the wets after 3 laps of dry matched my fastest time on slicks in any race there.

SO that can't be right, they also didn't overheat or go off as they would do in real life.

rocafella1978
21-05-2015, 13:41
but problem is not much feedback and people don't believe it, i still find it unrealistic or at least there are undiscussed issues with tires, i do believe there are in game fauts/ glitches and bugs, if one would take time to do weather changes, tires changes and rotations one can clearly see it can't be right. but again that is just me testing and playing and finding out, posting here for other to read. to take it, leave it or ignore it.

AP200
23-05-2015, 20:51
I'm with you rocafella, I've tried adjusting assists, tire pressures, downforce, springs, dampers, sway bars, gears.... nothing works for me. I have a T100 and I feather the pedal and the wheel and still spin out....

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 22:42
Have you guys read this..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=936029&viewfull=1#post936029

armchair_driver
23-05-2015, 22:46
nurburgring in the cossie in the rain and fog - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9h71jtYcpE&t=4m54s

drifting with the red pig merc in the rain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsyMA12nxEU

on ps4 - standard car setup and default controller/FFB settings, t300rs wheel, t8ha shifter, t3pa pedals

danpinho
24-05-2015, 02:12
This is already fixed, but won't be out real soon because of the testing cycle etc.
Too bad. Career suspended until patch release.

BSDShoes
24-05-2015, 04:46
I drove the Audi R18 TDI on Le Mans in the rain, tough to drive but doable, I lowered tire pressure and raised the ride height a little.

lordymatsuo
24-05-2015, 08:24
In career mode i noticed in the wet i would slide out far more than when online and AI would just carry on like its a summers day.

In online however i can control the car in the wet by using driving techniques such as feathering the throttle and not braking too hard into corners.

I'm not sure if this different in ability is me or if the 2 game modes are functioning differently in the wet but I gave up on the career and only race online now, with clean racers its so much more fun :)

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 00:25
To patch 1.4, did it do nothing that they said. It's still the same or worse.

I'm stuck on a carrer mode race I have to lose because of ai doesn't have to pit for rain and they never pit. It's 6 laps and it starts raining on lap 5 and they never pit stop and race like it dry and sunny. I can't win.

It a career stopping bug, makes game pointless in career mode.

andh23
19-07-2015, 12:02
Yes it's a total show stopper for carrer mode because you have no chance to score in rain races.

It's a shame that this bug is still in the game

rocafella1978
19-07-2015, 15:28
i have not played the career mode since before patch 1.4, I think played 3-4 days and realized way too many issues/ bugs. how is the career mode now?

cmch15
20-07-2015, 03:26
Just to add to this thread as is the closest I can find to what I wanted to post. I have been testing the M1 Procar in the rain at Laguna Seca as Quali turned wet in the career race here. By putting wet tyres on I ended up mid pack on the grid but the wet tyres were only good for 2laps. I have not run the race yet as it got me on to the whole wet weather thing.

In fixed light rain with various settings, I can only get wets to go 2-3laps without overheating, and my fastest lap was 5 seconds from my dry time which would be expected. I then tried the slicks and could get within 2.5secs of my time on wets but without the overheating. So far I have concluded that it could be beneficial in this case to run slicks during a race with light rain to get the longevity.

Switching weather to "rain" the tyres last approx 5 - 7 laps which is still quite short but seems controllable as the temps go in and out of the red.

Just interested if anyone else has done testing with wets on this or any other cars and any thoughts.

Doug914
20-07-2015, 16:53
Yes, you are correct. Alttle too much heat in these rain tires. I recently noticed it testing the BMW gr5 which uses the same compound. I'm adjusting it down for the next patch. Thanks for the report. In the meantime try running higher tire pressures to control some of that heat and see if that gets you by.

cmch15
20-07-2015, 23:27
Thanks for the reply Doug. I have tried softer settings and increased the pressures but the best I can manage is 3 laps in light rain, being gentle but not so much as to not have any pace at all. The race looks to be dry so I don't think it'll be an issue :) ��