PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Who wants to build a Project Cars "Club"

HowGudAmI
19-05-2015, 18:47
Quoted from my Reddit Post ( http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/36ivpj/pc_who_wants_to_build_a_project_cars_club/ ), but including here for visibility:

Hi All!.

Been playing the game since launch on my newly built (AMD - sigh) gaming rig and really enjoying it! I have migrated from GT5 and 6 on the PS3 (now sold) with my (quite old but it works just fine) Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. I am by no means a pro but can get around the track!.

One thing I loved about GT5 was that I had a community of people to play with, rarely did I need to venture in to public servers. I have seen a few people posting tournaments etc up on here - which is great. I look forward to joining /u/yetteh [1] on Saturday for the UKTC - a 6 race, 6 week season in GT3 cars.

What I would like to build, is more than just a race series/tournament. I would like to build a community/club, whilst race series and tournaments would be ran and included, there would also be challenges, track days and other general sessions for members to get involved in (think demolition derby, economy runs etc).

My proposal for the club would be to have initiation criteria, for example, anyone who wants to be a member would need to have a reasonable internet connection, a headset/mic (and basic English skills) and the ability to drive cleanly (or willingness to learn).

Any member (if the club became popular, this may need restricting somewhat) could then post challenges or sessions to our club forum/subreddit/somewhere. There would be an agreed title prefix and password for any sessions hosted.
The possibilities are endless for this, but firstly, I would like to know if anyone is interested. I am happy to drive this forward (see what I did there) if there is appetite for such a community, from the community.

If you are interested, please just make a post below stating that - also, if you are willing to help lay out rules and other 'admin' tasks - let me know that too! I am UK based, but do not want to exclude on region - if we get enough members, there could be events at all hours.

Baswaldo
19-05-2015, 19:15
Sounds great. Very interested. New to game and not played car game since GT4 I think but loving this. Will help out where I can.

HowGudAmI
19-05-2015, 21:37
Sounds great. Very interested. New to game and not played car game since GT4 I think but loving this. Will help out where I can.

Hi Baswaldo, I have now created a Steam Group - Project CARS Drivers Club.
The group is closed access but if you add me as a friend on Steam (howgudami) (and let me know your steam name on here). I will add you to the group.
If you could participate in the discussion board and help outline some foundations for the club, it would be much appreciated.
I am looking forward to the first events/meets/races we schedule!

SmileinHD
19-05-2015, 21:42
I like this idea, I'm fairly new to sim racing and would love to play with others so I could learn and get the hang of it. My steam name is Smhuele in HD.

HowGudAmI
19-05-2015, 21:47
I like this idea, I'm fairly new to sim racing and would love to play with others so I could learn and get the hang of it. My steam name is Smhuele in HD.

As per the above message to Baswaldo - Add me, I will invite you to the group. I look forward to racing with you.

EDIT: SmileinHD, I have accepted your request and invited you to the group. Let me know if you need anything.

OperatorWay
19-05-2015, 22:55
Sounds good. Feel free to add me to your Steam friends list. My Steam ID: OperatorWay

I don't particularly want/need regularly-scheduled league-type events, but it's good to have a list of like-minded racers for running casual/friendly lobbies at random/convenient times (instead of jumping in random public lobbies full of wreckers).

I'm happy to race in most cars/classes on most tracks, but I don't enjoy long endurance events.

I'm not bothered by how fast or slow anyone is, as long as they're easy to get along with & they make a genuine effort to avoid colliding with other cars.

knotme
20-05-2015, 01:11
sounds great. am interested... just i need to work on my setup. been trying to put off reformatting and redoing my desk here... been a few years now of clutter and remnants of games. trying to play a little with my pad but am gonna dust off my sidewinder M$ wheel and get me a wireless dongle so i can use it on the PC. my first racing sim was the old World of Outlaws sprint game back when it first came out on only the PC a decade or so ago i think. really loved racing organized events and getting to know those i raced with. my last racing was forza 3 i think it was (why i bought the wheel) but i hated trying to race on the 360 with all the children and gits. ID is "MadDogE134" so add me if you wish and i will accept and keep tabs on it. i try to race clean... as best i can since i don't care to look in the rear view and i will cram the inside corners if there is room but that is competitive racing. but i won't ram you from the rear if at all possible and i don't get mad when someone swaps paint with me in the turns... that is the nature of the sport. so if you don't mind having a racer that would be better off running shine... then i am game. cheers

imJGott
20-05-2015, 01:11
im definitely interested in this because i could use all the community help to help me tune my vehicle to my needs. ill add you to steam as well and please add me in the steam group

knotme
20-05-2015, 01:38
don't get me wrong on the paint thing... i DON'T drive dirty but true racing IS a contact sport and if you leave the door open... i will try to stick my foot in to keep you from shutting it. also about the rear view thing... i am more like the bloke in Cannonball Run... "what behind me is NOT important" so i would not lie and say i am a 'clean' racer like most... i am just being honest. i am competitive and i am NOT about to just let someone have my position unless i am crippled and non-competitive... then i will get out of the way. like i said i don't play dirty but i am not mister nice guy either. cheers

jay

p.s. and no hard feelings if you don't want me :)

Baswaldo
20-05-2015, 07:22
Hi Baswaldo, I have now created a Steam Group - Project CARS Drivers Club.
The group is closed access but if you add me as a friend on Steam (howgudami) (and let me know your steam name on here). I will add you to the group.
If you could participate in the discussion board and help outline some foundations for the club, it would be much appreciated.
I am looking forward to the first events/meets/races we schedule!

Dont get too excited, Tried a bit online and I'm not doing too great!!!! haha

macto
20-05-2015, 07:31
Sound good, please add me - my steam link is in my sig.

menidi
20-05-2015, 10:11
I am new to the sim racing scene, so would be nice to get into a group and learn.

menidi2012

HowGudAmI
20-05-2015, 18:00
Sound good, please add me - my steam link is in my sig.

Added.

HowGudAmI
20-05-2015, 18:00
I am new to the sim racing scene, so would be nice to get into a group and learn.

menidi2012

Can't seem to find you. Could you add me ( howgudami )?

Fearless1885
20-05-2015, 18:24
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a decent bunch of guys to play with online etc, If any of you guys are interested i have a Teamspeak that you're more than welcome to use. Even if you want to chill out on there and grab a few more people who play Project Cars, more the merrier.

I refuse to play atm until i have a steering wheel as using my controller is getting to me...

Teamspeak: ts.uksf-clan.com

HowGudAmI
20-05-2015, 18:40
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a decent bunch of guys to play with online etc, If any of you guys are interested i have a Teamspeak that you're more than welcome to use. Even if you want to chill out on there and grab a few more people who play Project Cars, more the merrier.

I refuse to play atm until i have a steering wheel as using my controller is getting to me...

Teamspeak: ts.uksf-clan.com

Great - add me on steam if you like (howgudami)

I just posted a thread in our group asking if anyone had a TS server 'lying around'. What capacity is it? might be perfect if you don't mind!.

Fearless1885
20-05-2015, 18:45
Great - add me on steam if you like (howgudami)

I just posted a thread in our group asking if anyone had a TS server 'lying around'. What capacity is it? might be perfect if you don't mind!.

I will do that now mate,

At the minute its set to 50 man, each day we have a regular 15-20 people but we can pump it upto 1000 if we needed to lol.

Scorpean
20-05-2015, 19:04
howgudami, I have sent you a friend request. Looking for clean GT3 racing.

Thanks

HowGudAmI
20-05-2015, 19:07
howgudami, I have sent you a friend request. Looking for clean GT3 racing.

Thanks

You should now be added and invited.

SwaggerJacker
20-05-2015, 20:33
I'm on the other side of the pond, but I keep strange hours. Groups are the way to go.
Steam name = Swagg

Fearless1885
21-05-2015, 08:39
I'm on the other side of the pond, but I keep strange hours. Groups are the way to go.
Steam name = Swagg

Hi Swagg, slight issue with there being 3100 other Swaggs :P

Calvin
21-05-2015, 10:21
Ive sent a friend request. Please add me to the group. My Steam alias is Reaper.

Thanks

imJGott
22-05-2015, 02:14
thanks for the community invite. hopefully we can get some thing going in the up and coming weeks.

PC49NZ
22-05-2015, 02:39
I will join, but must wait until I return to New Zealand as I'm in Australia at the moment and will be for the next month. If I join on this lappy it will throw a few things out so will wait until I use my main gaming desktop computer when I get home. Great idea and hope it works out for everyone.

Regards,
Jim pc49NZ, Steam : zl2bmh

Luigi Vercotti
22-05-2015, 09:24
Hello guys, can you please add me too? Steam:Luigi Vervotti. I am looking for clean racing ;-)

Calvin
22-05-2015, 11:41
I just wanted to add that everyone that has posted so far seem nice :). I am looking forward to some race time guys!

Pocket
22-05-2015, 13:11
Can you please add me? Steam: White_Knight_004

HowGudAmI
22-05-2015, 19:18
Sorry to be a pain all. But can you confirm if you have been added to the group or not. I have been AFK for today and yesterday and informally asked some of the existing members to monitor these threads - so I am now not sure if you will have been invited by someone else.

Cheers :).

3800racingfool
22-05-2015, 19:58
I'll jump in on this. Haven't raced in a ton of online yet but it's one of the main reasons I bought the game so I'd like to get some clean (aka: non-pub) multi-player racing going.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Linus3D/

Luigi Vercotti
22-05-2015, 20:20
Sorry to be a pain all. But can you confirm if you have been added to the group or not. I have been AFK for today and yesterday and informally asked some of the existing members to monitor these threads - so I am now not sure if you will have been invited by someone else.

Cheers :).

Not yet

HowGudAmI
22-05-2015, 21:58
I will join, but must wait until I return to New Zealand as I'm in Australia at the moment and will be for the next month. If I join on this lappy it will throw a few things out so will wait until I use my main gaming desktop computer when I get home. Great idea and hope it works out for everyone.

Regards,
Jim pc49NZ, Steam : zl2bmh

added

HowGudAmI
22-05-2015, 22:00
Hello guys, can you please add me too? Steam:Luigi Vervotti. I am looking for clean racing ;-)
Can't find you sorry - there are lots of Luigi's but no Luigi Vervotti that I can see.

Could you add me back? There should only be 1 'howgudami'

HowGudAmI
22-05-2015, 22:02
Can you please add me? Steam: White_Knight_004

Cant find a White_Knight_004 - and there are a few White Knight's and don't want to get the wrong one.

Could you add me - howgudami - there should only be 1.

HowGudAmI
22-05-2015, 22:03
I'll jump in on this. Haven't raced in a ton of online yet but it's one of the main reasons I bought the game so I'd like to get some clean (aka: non-pub) multi-player racing going.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Linus3D/

Added :).

Luigi Vercotti
23-05-2015, 03:54
Can't find you sorry - there are lots of Luigi's but no Luigi Vervotti that I can see.

Could you add me back? There should only be 1 'howgudami'

How about now? :-)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041618999/

HowGudAmI
23-05-2015, 07:09
How about now? :-)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041618999/

Added

ziggy12345
23-05-2015, 08:01
If anybody is interested I always start an online race with the name Old Guys Rule mainly for the over 50s like me! I wouldnt mind seeing a seniors racing club

Cheers

marcdxn
23-05-2015, 08:11
SteamID: sasquatch44

I'd like to join up with others for fair / organised races

Fearless1885
23-05-2015, 08:22
If anybody is interested I always start an online race with the name Old Guys Rule mainly for the over 50s like me! I wouldnt mind seeing a seniors racing club

Cheers

Age is just a number Ziggy ;) We have people of all ages in this club and we've had good feedback so far! Feel free to have a look around in our steam group to make a decision :cool:

SteamID: sasquatch44

I'd like to join up with others for fair / organised races

Hi mate, i've added you as a friend (moderator in the club)

marcdxn
23-05-2015, 08:27
i've not received and invite please can you double check you added me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sasquatch44

thanks,

Fearless1885
23-05-2015, 08:29
i've not received and invite please can you double check you added me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sasquatch44

thanks,

Just sent a request again, i probably delayed it by having steam and steam webpage open - if thats a thing. Check now lol

marcdxn
23-05-2015, 08:33
I'm in now, thanks for the invite.

Probably won't be on this weekend with family things going on but im looking forward to some races!

Will there be specific races organised as a long weekend? would love to do some GT3 practice, qualies & racing.

I guess regards teamspeak mentioned earlier if we are on each others steam friends we can have a group voice chat within steam i had 6 in a group last night, voice quality was fine and easy to manage with anyone without a mic able to drop text chat messages in too.

Fearless1885
23-05-2015, 08:38
No problem,

We will be organising a few races and tournaments, they're up for discussion at the minute in the steam group forums. You'll see we're going through the rules set, what people would like to see etc.

We've had a few races in the last couple of days and they've been enjoyable!

We have a teamspeak set up aswell. All details will be in the steam group aswell ;)

ziggy12345
23-05-2015, 11:16
Fearless, can you point me in the right direction with a link

Thanks

GamingCanuck
23-05-2015, 12:53
I'm interested, I also wouldn't mind helping with admin stuff if needed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamingcanuck

Fearless1885
23-05-2015, 14:22
Fearless, can you point me in the right direction with a link

Thanks

I'm interested, I also wouldn't mind helping with admin stuff if needed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamingcanuck

Hi guys apologies for the late reply, here is the club http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ProjectCARSDriversClub#

and Canuck i have sent you a friend request, i'll be happy to invite you once you accept :cool:

Gooners
23-05-2015, 21:47
Add me pls, h_gooner

Fearless1885
24-05-2015, 06:56
Request sent mate

Gooners
24-05-2015, 09:25
Request sent mate

I've not seen any invite come up on my list atm mate.

Fearless1885
24-05-2015, 13:01
I've not seen any invite come up on my list atm mate.

Theres only 1 h_gooner that comes up. Ive sent it again if it doesnt come through have a look for me

Fearless 1885

Gooners
24-05-2015, 19:27
Added ya Fearless.

Pocket
25-05-2015, 05:32
I've not had an invite yet either.

Fearless1885
25-05-2015, 14:43
Added ya Fearless.

Ive accepted you mate just, hopefully you have had an invite to the group? If not i will do it now!

My apologies Pocket, i'll add you now. As soon as you accept you're in the club :)

Fearless1885
25-05-2015, 14:43

Hi mate i couldnt find you on steam, please add me: Fearless 1885