PDA

View Full Version : AI awareness?

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 19:16
I'm not quite sure how this works so bear with me as I might explain it wrong.

First off I've got no problems at all with how the AI race infact I think there proberly the best of any racing game I've played and I've played lots lol

When I say there the best what I mean is there the best until they get near you or you get near to them then it feels like there unaware that your on the track ( not sure your understand what I mean)

They seem to be alerted to your presence when your right on top of them, which in most case's is to late to avoid an impact.

Like I say great AI just wish they was aware of your presence a fair bit earlier.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:20
In some cases you are right , but I've seen the AI barrel up the inside of a decreasing radius turn (Silverstone long right before pits) and take me clean out when I had was in front and had the line. That I couldn't forgive. I've started to analyze incidents in slo-mo to see if I was at fault. 9 out of 10 times these guys are just plain unruly.

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 19:30
In some cases you are right , but I've seen the AI barrel up the inside of a decreasing radius turn (Silverstone long right before pits) and take me clean out when I had was in front and had the line. That I couldn't forgive. I've started to analyze incidents in slo-mo to see if I was at fault. 9 out of 10 times these guys are just plain unruly.

Like you I've been watching some replays back and I honestly feel they don't know your there, do the cars not have some sort of parameter box Programmed around them? maybe this could be enlarged?

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:31
Like you I've been watching some replays back and I honestly feel they don't know your there, do the cars not have some sort of parameter box Programmed around them? maybe this could be enlarged?

In the example I used it really did appear as you say.

Thomas Heineman
19-05-2015, 22:31
When racing in VR with the dk2 you can see that they are aware of you. They do howewer act dynamicly, and makes a race intressting. Treat them fair and as you would a real person, they will shine...

Often it is the strange full throttle full brake player car behaviour that is freaking them out...