PDA

View Full Version : Potenially Interesting Tire Glitch

apexatspeed
19-05-2015, 22:33
I tried searching cold tire glitches, and other things but I didn't come up with any results. I even tried searching it on google. So here it goes:

This is a glitch I am able to recreate and it can ruin your race. If you hit a wall at extremely high speeds for some reason sometimes your tires will become instantly cold. The tire temperature drops to below 90 degrees. For me it has only happened while driving the R8 LMS Ultra. I first noticed this in an online race that didn't have damage on. I was able to recreate it just now and it happens on multiple tracks. I've also seen it happen to another person.

The thing about it that can mess up your race is that if it happens it is impossible to get heat back into your tires. The only way to reset your tires is jumping back to the pit box or making it all the way around the track on ice boxes. Is this happening to anyone else? This is just a heads up to the developers that this glitch is out there. Obviously there are more urgent glitches that need fixing, but this can mess up your race or qualifying.

c172fccc
19-05-2015, 22:39
Mmm, that sounds like what is known as the "reset bug" on WMD.

Look if any of this is also happening:

-Car sliding literally when the car is at a complete stop

and/or

-Car has a tendency to go on two wheels when turning

and/or

-No more FFB

and/or

-Temperature of the tyres has reseted

apexatspeed
19-05-2015, 23:46
Mmm, that sounds like what is known as the "reset bug" on WMD.

Look if any of this is also happening:

I'm not exactly sure what the "reset bug" is, but I am not seeing any of those other symptoms. It is only after smashing the walls. The temperatures aren't reset per se, but the tires are set way below the starting temperature and it is impossible to get them back to operating temperature. I tried intentionally burning out my tires and the temperature never increased.

c172fccc
20-05-2015, 00:08
I'm not exactly sure what the "reset bug" is, but I am not seeing any of those other symptoms. It is only after smashing the walls. The temperatures aren't reset per se, but the tires are set way below the starting temperature and it is impossible to get them back to operating temperature. I tried intentionally burning out my tires and the temperature never increased.

The "reset bug" also happens after a hard crash.

Here is my old video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFMWznSKVc

At the beginning, we can see that the lateral grip is ok.
After, I have a hard collision which cause the reset of the temp.
After, the car lost some of its lateral grip.

apexatspeed
20-05-2015, 01:13
Yeah, the cold tires aspect does look similar to that. Interesting that it is still hanging around almost an entire year later.

c172fccc
20-05-2015, 01:30
Well, the first time I noticed this bug was back in November 2012. However, it was really a rare bug. The bug became a lot more present recently. Back to the video of the Bac Mono, a hard crash wasn't enought to cause the issue.

apexatspeed
20-05-2015, 02:13
It is interesting that for me and one other person the only car it has happened to in is the R8 LMS Ultra. I've tried recreating it in other GT cars and it hasn't happened yet.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 05:27
Well, the first time I noticed this bug was back in November 2012. However, it was really a rare bug. The bug became a lot more present recently. Back to the video of the Bac Mono, a hard crash wasn't enought to cause the issue.

I see you've been around for a while. Does SMS know this glitch exists? Have they said anything about it since 2012? I just had another race ruined because I got obliterated by a guy in a 991.

Invincible
22-05-2015, 05:38
They know it exists and iirc, it even was fixed. Because after that fix it didn't occur again. At least I didn't see anything on the forum after that.

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 05:52
It was fixed, seems to have reappeared. I myself haven't seen it in like.. forever it seems. Then again I'm not in the habit of slamming my car into barriers. As Ben says, "Lets keep it between the white lines buddy."

Invincible
22-05-2015, 05:54
Also, not all cars were affected originally - only around 25 %, after a collision model update even less.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 05:56
It was fixed, seems to have reappeared. I myself haven't seen it in like.. forever it seems. Then again I'm not in the habit of slamming my car into barriers. As Ben says, "Lets keep it between the white lines buddy."

It looks like you're trying to insinuate that I can't keep the car on the track. I am very aware of my capabilities and can keep a car on the track fine. But when someone takes you out and you slam a wall at 130+ mph there is nothing you can do. Keeping a car on the track is not a solution for a glitch that can ruin your race.

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 06:03
It looks like you're trying to insinuate that I can't keep the car on the track. I am very aware of my capabilities and can keep a car on the track fine. But when someone takes you out and you slam a wall at 130+ mph there is nothing you can do. Keeping a car on the track is not a solution for a glitch that can ruin your race.
No insinuation being made. Simply pointing out I haven't seen the bug since it was fixed as I don't slam my cars tires into barriers.

Invincible
22-05-2015, 06:04

I really don't think he wanted to insinuate anything. More that we would have to slam our cars intentionally to make this bug occur again eventually. I tried to replicate it mid 2014 and I couldn't. Even if I explicit choose a car which was know to be affected and I wrecked the cars up beyond recognition.

thegt500
22-05-2015, 06:07
Happened to me the other day. It was Dubai track and I was in the RUF GT car, got rear ended heavily and shot into the air, then the wall. The tyres went instantly cold and no matter what I did, they wouldn't get any heat back into them ?

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 06:29
Happened to me the other day. It was Dubai track and I was in the RUF GT car, got rear ended heavily and shot into the air, then the wall. The tyres went instantly cold and no matter what I did, they wouldn't get any heat back into them ?
The RUF RGT-8 GT3 is doing it? I'll pass it along over to the WMD forum post.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 06:43
I really don't think he wanted to insinuate anything. More that we would have to slam our cars intentionally to make this bug occur again eventually. I tried to replicate it mid 2014 and I couldn't. Even if I explicit choose a car which was know to be affected and I wrecked the cars up beyond recognition.

It does not have to be intentional for it to occur. Ff you race enough it will happen to you. I know it has happened to multiple people in races and I have recreated it in a private session. Like I said before. Not hitting walls isn't a solution to the problem.