PDA

View Full Version : The issues I'm having

leithnow
19-05-2015, 23:00
I was so excited to play this game. Unfortunately the bugs I'm experiencing are making this otherwise awesome game unplayable. Hopefully you guys can resolve these issues quickly.
I have first Gen xbox one (if there even are any 2nd gen, I don't even know). I purchased digital version and went through all the steps to get the 18.5 gb patched version (which did help a bit, but not nearly 100%). Set steering dead zone to 0.
when I try to do the career 125cc kart races, steering will lock in a turn at horrible times and send me crashing into a wall, even coming to a complete stop will not free the steering wheel.
game has a tendency to sputter with frame rates, slowing down then rushing to speed back up. I don't need 60 fps, Id much rather have a constant fps even if it's lower.
audio has tendency to get static and make popping noises.
loading screens have tendency to get stuck and never finish.

leithnow
19-05-2015, 23:01
I'm using approx 80 percent of my internal hard drive, if it matters

leithnow
19-05-2015, 23:02
I play with the regular xbox control which has been updated as well

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 23:25
Hi welcome to project cars,

1. There is a patch being tested now to address controller issues and other performance bugs on xb1
2. Seems like you've read up on the forums and done the most you can, nice work
3. If you can easily try, you may want to install project cars on a USB3.0 external HDD. For some people this solves the frame rate problem as the internal HDD of the xb1 is half of the I/O rate of these better external HDDs

You're doing well, keep posting for additional help

Lukeymonster
20-05-2015, 00:12
I was so excited to play this game. Unfortunately the bugs I'm experiencing are making this otherwise awesome game unplayable. Hopefully you guys can resolve these issues quickly.
I have first Gen xbox one (if there even are any 2nd gen, I don't even know). I purchased digital version and went through all the steps to get the 18.5 gb patched version (which did help a bit, but not nearly 100%). Set steering dead zone to 0.
when I try to do the career 125cc kart races, steering will lock in a turn at horrible times and send me crashing into a wall, even coming to a complete stop will not free the steering wheel.
game has a tendency to sputter with frame rates, slowing down then rushing to speed back up. I don't need 60 fps, Id much rather have a constant fps even if it's lower.
audio has tendency to get static and make popping noises.
loading screens have tendency to get stuck and never finish.

Hello hello. Follow Umer's advice to improve your fps.

For the controls...if you are happy with your base settings start there. If not keep tweaking in practice mode. I know it can be excruciating because you want to dive right in but it's WORTH it. It took me about an hour and a half. Once you are happy, tune your car in free practice. Look for the steering ratio slider. Moving this to the right will reduce the immediacy of the steering input thus allowing you to tune the response exactly to your liking. Practice with the different ratios until your grinning from ear to ear. You'll need to do this with each new car you race but you'll be glad you did.

This won't fix the issue that is to be patched but it's a great way to make the handling feel wonderful until the patch comes out.

leithnow
23-05-2015, 18:22
Well, gotta say it's not cool that I have to buy an external hdd to get optimal performance, but that sounds like Microsoft are the ones pinching pennies, their hardware needs to be able to keep up with their games. But anyway, sucked it up and got an external. Here's hoping the rest of the issues are ironed out with the upcoming patch.

As for meticulously tuning my car to match my drive style, I'd rather match my drive style to the car, can't afford the kind of time required to tinker endlessly. If it means I have to drop the ai difficulty a tad to keep up, I can live with it.

Bobbydakid
23-05-2015, 19:35
Well, gotta say it's not cool that I have to buy an external hdd to get optimal performance, but that sounds like Microsoft are the ones pinching pennies, their hardware needs to be able to keep up with their games. But anyway, sucked it up and got an external. Here's hoping the rest of the issues are ironed out with the upcoming patch.

As for meticulously tuning my car to match my drive style, I'd rather match my drive style to the car, can't afford the kind of time required to tinker endlessly. If it means I have to drop the ai difficulty a tad to keep up, I can live with it.

Did you find installing your game on an external had improved the FPS? I've ordered a 7200rpm external, hoping it will improve the FPS.

leithnow
23-05-2015, 20:23
I just got a 60 dollar seagate 1tb USB 3.0 hdd. Working like a charm. Everything loads much faster, haven't noticed much graphical or audio issues just yet and I haven't been able to recreate the steering locking either. Only tested for about 15 minutes so far though. I'll update if the issues pop up again. considering how game isnot patched to fix steering yet, i am pretty surprised that problem has disappeared for now as well.

Roger Prynne
23-05-2015, 20:30
There's a lot of people that say a lot of problems go away if they put game on an external drive...
just goes to show how crappy the internal drive must be then.

leithnow
23-05-2015, 20:46
Yeah no kidding

leithnow
23-05-2015, 21:50
There are still a few minor fps and audio glitches, but they are less frequent.