PDA

View Full Version : A strange race with mid race rain...

komaro
19-05-2015, 23:34
I had a strance race at GT1 classic at Zorder circuit (I think)...The race was under mid cloud, 8 laps. After the 2 laps, under a complete and perfect sun, a big bunch of the cars enter to pit, something like 13 of them. So I go up from 12 to 2 place. It seemed like at least 4 cars left the pits very late...

After 4 laps it began to rain, I did one more and pit at 6. I fall from 2 to 12. Funny thing is that, I asked my tires to be change (They are automatic to weather) and I got SLICK tires. Bravo. So, I kind of fight it and got passed by no cars, but on the HUD I am 16!!! ???

I finish the race and found I have really finished to 12. The last 4 cars were on the track...somewhere. So it look to me like a series of bugs...I don't know if it's the only race that do that, but I will surely disable the change tire automatic from now on.

I can live with an odd race (Kind of funny a bit)...but the lack of damage and failure is daunting. I feel like I play a $%?& arcade game most of the time.

JDFSSS
19-05-2015, 23:47
I had a strance race at GT1 classic at Zorder circuit (I think)...The race was under mid cloud, 8 laps. After the 2 laps, under a complete and perfect sun, a big bunch of the cars enter to pit, something like 13 of them. So I go up from 12 to 2 place. It seemed like at least 4 cars left the pits very late...

After 4 laps it began to rain, I did one more and pit at 6. I fall from 2 to 12. Funny thing is that, I asked my tires to be change (They are automatic to weather) and I got SLICK tires. Bravo. So, I kind of fight it and got passed by no cars, but on the HUD I am 16!!! ???

I finish the race and found I have really finished to 12. The last 4 cars were on the track...somewhere. So it look to me like a series of bugs...I don't know if it's the only race that do that, but I will surely disable the change tire automatic from now on.

I can live with an odd race (Kind of funny a bit)...but the lack of damage and failure is daunting. I feel like I play a $%?& arcade game most of the time.

I really hate the automatic tire setting in this game. You don't know what tire you are getting and sometimes it makes a poor tire choice. The worst part is even after you manually pick your tires, the tire choice always resets to "automatic" so you have to constantly change it every time you go back to the garage/enter the pits or the game might put you on a tire you don't want to be on.

What kind of sim is this where you don't even expect the players of your game to have the ability to correctly pick tires on their own? This is definitely a casual/arcade feature.

sven brun
20-05-2015, 01:56

While you may have Automatic to Weather selected for tyres in the Tuning Setup, you actually need to select the tyre type in your pit strategy yourself. (Pit strategy and Tuning setup are 2 completely different things)

I'm guessing your pit strategy had Soft tyres.

komaro
20-05-2015, 11:15
I saw the pit strategy but for a 8 laps race, what is the point of using it ? But for the tires it would make sense. Anyway I will check it out.

As for the settings not staying, is there an ini or xml file that can be setup ? Sometimes changing those files keep the game on track (Pun intended).

danowat
20-05-2015, 11:18
Automatic by weather setting is broken, not only does it not work when the CPU chooses your tyres, you can't actually change the setting on most cars, as it just returns to automatic when you select slicks or rain.

Pablo2008jedi
20-05-2015, 11:22
Automatic by weather setting is broken, not only does it not work when the CPU chooses your tyres, you can't actually change the setting on most cars, as it just returns to automatic when you select slicks or rain.

I sense the AI is cheating, it's in cahoots with the CPU to give you the wrong tyre! :P

NineEreven
20-05-2015, 12:29
Is there a way to tell what tire you currently have on your vehicle?

Bailey
20-05-2015, 23:58
Is there a way to tell what tire you currently have on your vehicle?

No, unless you can actually see the color or thread of the tires.
~Bailey

MaXKiLLz
21-05-2015, 10:43
I feel like I play a $%?& arcade game most of the time.

I understand how you feel. Many of us share your same level of frustration. Thanks for taking the time to point out yet another issue.

CTR69
21-05-2015, 10:53
I sense the AI is cheating, it's in cahoots with the CPU to give you the wrong tyre! :P

AI not being affected by weather is already a known issue. Now I can't play career until this is fixed.

ajd440ex
27-05-2015, 15:56
The automatic by weather tire option would be better if there was an indicator somewhere to show what tire is on your car. An option to turn off the rain in career would be a nice feature. I have never experienced so many days of rain in a driving game/sim.