PDA

View Full Version : No. of participants in multiplayer Vs. Connection speed

cosmicchimera
19-05-2015, 23:42
Can anyone tell me how much of a difference the host's connection speed makes to the number of players that can be supported in an online race?
Our group regularly has 16+ racers wanting to race, but sessions at the moment seem to become unstable (kicking players out, or back to the welcome screen, or crashing the game) at about 9-12 participants.
Would a host with a fast stable connection solve this problem? Or is it more a server-side problem?
If so, what type of connection speed is realistically needed to host a stable 2 hour session with 16 players?

AlexanderHC
19-05-2015, 23:50
If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft hosts the servers on Xbox? Which might also be the cause for why we can't have a server browser on the Xbox One.

I could be completely wrong though...

Raven403
20-05-2015, 11:12
Can anyone tell me how much of a difference the host's connection speed makes to the number of players that can be supported in an online race?
Our group regularly has 16+ racers wanting to race, but sessions at the moment seem to become unstable (kicking players out, or back to the welcome screen, or crashing the game) at about 9-12 participants.
Would a host with a fast stable connection solve this problem? Or is it more a server-side problem?
If so, what type of connection speed is realistically needed to host a stable 2 hour session with 16 players?

Right now it doesnt seem the Hosts connection matters much. We also have a group that has 16+ players and once we hit 6-10 the lobby becomes unstable. Players dropped, Host freezing, Chat cuts out. There are A LOT of problems with it right now. It seems when using party chat it seems to stabilize a bit, but thats only good for 8 people right now. We are strictly enforcing wired internet Open NAT now to make sure we can stabilize the lobby as best we can, but with 16 people I dont think it will hold up.....