PDA

View Full Version : Australian PCARS Multiplatform community!

Envy
20-05-2015, 00:38
If you're a regular visitor to the various simracing subreddits on....err, reddit, then you may have seen the following at one point

I used to play Forza on the 360 (back when that game was actually good) in a community called OZFM. Now with the release of PCARS, and seeing how much better it is in general, OZFM has expanded into PCARS and multi-platform! We have both a website and a Facebook group, which is actually really handy to get everyone together via IM along with a steam group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcarsoznz/

http://ozfm.darkbb.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PCOZNZ

We value fun clean racing above all, have numerous events both serious and casual spread across the week. Obviously restricted to Aus and NZ only, but if you're keen feel free to register and jump in for some good racing! Xbone already has the numbers, but will only be setting events up on the other platforms once we get the numbers, then events will be mirrored.

Can personally vouch for the quality of the guys on the Xbone. My platform preference may have changed but they're good blokes.

edit: Oh and we have a fast and dirty TS, not personally sure on how many slots it has but its something.

Hondo
20-05-2015, 01:00
Any organised PC racing events?

Envy
20-05-2015, 01:09
Any organised PC racing events?

Trying to get the numbers at the moment for it, but as soon as we do we'll start mirroring what the console guys are doing. Part of the reason why trying to spruik it best i can :D

Scav3nger
20-05-2015, 01:38
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22297-Australian-and-New-Zealand-Racers

Got a few PC users in here you might be able to approach.

Pete_Repeat
20-05-2015, 08:51
So I'm very new to Steam and online PC Racing. I played iRacing for half a year pr so and that was easy to find rounds/seasons nicely organised.

So I now realise Project Cars isn't quite organised the same (bummer) and leagues organised outside Project Cars and then someone organises to create the seesions in the "online" section of project cars and makes it private for the members in this group.

Have I got this right?

I know the PC league has not been set up yet for this group, but how will I find when the rounds are running? Facebook? Webpage? This thread? Through the group on Steam which I joined?

I'm a little lost and wishing it was straight forward like iracings seasons but hey, I like this game so willing to give it a try.

RareWhiteApe
20-05-2015, 09:23
Hi Pete.

I have no idea how iRacing runs things, but I imagine this is like the good old days of just starting a thread outlining a series you want to run, or looking for one that someone else is organising.

Envy
20-05-2015, 09:52
Yeah iRacing really is the top dog for organised events ay.

Basically once we actually get some numbers we'll start doing some proper events. When we do, if you look at the OZFM page under the PCARS theres a subform for "Race Events" and then another in that for casual and series racing. All the fine details will be posted in there.

So for example we might start up the FG1000 (Formula Gulf) series on PC soon once we get maybe 15-16 players, enough for a decent lobby. I (or a chosen secondary "officer" as steam likes to put it) will post an announcement in the steam group with all relevant information and links for the required reading for the event, then will schedule an event (just like I did for tonights GT3 casual get together) on the steam group itself. The facebook group is more or less handy for the console guys, as XBL has a tendency to...well, not work efficiently (if at all), so they use that in the same we we will use Steam.

We basically have to do the legwork that iRacing does for us ;), but hey I'm happy to give it a go so long as we get the numbers.

Hi Pete.

I have no idea how iRacing runs things, but I imagine this is like the good old days of just starting a thread outlining a series you want to run, or looking for one that someone else is organising.

Pretty much haha, its worked for the last 5-6 years of Forza racing, Steam will actually help streamline it a lot more.

Pete_Repeat
20-05-2015, 10:16
Yeah iRacing really is the top dog for organised events ay.

Basically once we actually get some numbers we'll start doing some proper events. When we do, if you look at the OZFM page under the PCARS theres a subform for "Race Events" and then another in that for casual and series racing. All the fine details will be posted in there.

So for example we might start up the FG1000 (Formula Gulf) series on PC soon once we get maybe 15-16 players, enough for a decent lobby. I (or a chosen secondary "officer" as steam likes to put it) will post an announcement in the steam group with all relevant information and links for the required reading for the event, then will schedule an event (just like I did for tonights GT3 casual get together) on the steam group itself. The facebook group is more or less handy for the console guys, as XBL has a tendency to...well, not work efficiently (if at all), so they use that in the same we we will use Steam.

We basically have to do the legwork that iRacing does for us ;), but hey I'm happy to give it a go so long as we get the numbers.

Pretty much haha, its worked for the last 5-6 years of Forza racing, Steam will actually help streamline it a lot more.

Well count me in. The only drama is I don't put a lot of hours in so pretty casual. So might not be reliable in filling races all the time.... But I try to be a clean racer as least. Hope there are lots of practice and qualifying sessions which you can enter a few times a week (Oz evenings maybe??). And maybe one race, or preferably more if the numbers build, that way there is flexibility in all events bus less in the race to keep the numbers high.

I have joined the steam group. I have looked on the forum you just pointed out... Facebook events is pretty cool for noting when races are on and getting ideas of numbers (never used it for that but looks like it may work), although maybe steam offers this as well.

Not trying to dictate how it's run because I am the noob, just my thoughts.

gemonic
20-05-2015, 10:23
will definately take a look.... very interested... similar story here. started back when forza was good.... Raced in and helped to run ITR.... have been going ever since in various forms, both on console and PC.

looking for some good, fun, clean racing.

Pete_Repeat
20-05-2015, 12:18
will definately take a look.... very interested... similar story here. started back when forza was good.... Raced in and helped to run ITR.... have been going ever since in various forms, both on console and PC.

looking for some good, fun, clean racing.

Cheers for the race tonight guys even though I sucked at first time at Hockenheim and while it was raining. Thats all the excuses I have ha ha.

Was good to finally race against people and make it through the race. I'll keep an eye out for events and jump on the teamspeak channel.

Hopefully word will get out for more Australians and New Zealanders to join in for the odd evening or weekend.

Anyone reading this from Aus or NZ, no harm in giving this group a go and joining the group on steam :)

On another note, would it be worth spamming the in game chat about the group while these organised sessions are left open? Might attract some people whom wouldn't have realised it was formed by a group of Ozzies and Nz's

Envy
20-05-2015, 15:08
Haha yeah, not putting weather to random ever again, that was painful.

Scav3nger
21-05-2015, 01:19
IRL the weather is always random!

NVI0U5
21-05-2015, 01:31
My OZFM account doesnt work apparently inactive can an administrator reactivate it? VVV Rotor is the username

Envy
21-05-2015, 05:04
Hill Climb TT announcement posted.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PCOZNZ#announcements/

edit: Ignore my PM.

IRL the weather is always random!

Yes well for casual fun a thunderstorm isn't exactly the best way to start it all off lol.

edit: Also if an Admin could move this thread into the stickied sub-forum that would be ace!

surferofthemind
21-05-2015, 05:32
My OZFM account doesnt work apparently inactive can an administrator reactivate it? VVV Rotor is the username

Had a look and your account is there. I will see if one of the Admin can have a look.