PDA

View Full Version : Pit Crew Tire Change

Del Zotto x82x
20-05-2015, 02:31
Is there a way to know which tyres were put on the car by the pit crew or which tyres are currently on the car while racing.. I am not talking about choosing which tyres in settings.. I have several reasons as to why I'd like to know... Thank you to any responders..

Pink_650S
20-05-2015, 02:37
No, there's no way to see that (yet), unfortunately.

Del Zotto x82x
20-05-2015, 02:48
Oh well, thought I'd ask, would be great to know.. That and also problems in the engine department... I understand there's apps for the CPU version but it'd be great to know how close you are to blowing an engine or any other random engine problems on console.. If there's a way already, my apologies

Lukeymonster
20-05-2015, 03:06
Oh well, thought I'd ask, would be great to know.. That and also problems in the engine department... I understand there's apps for the CPU version but it'd be great to know how close you are to blowing an engine or any other random engine problems on console.. If there's a way already, my apologies

No need to apologize. There is a lot to come to grips with if your running with all the sim aspects enabled.

For the engine keep an eye on the oil temp. Race cars have a motec display with different modes, one being oil temps and pressure. you can bind a button for to change modes on the display (can't remember if this is a required binding so check). Other cars have a temp gauge in the dash. Over revving can raise temps. Front damage can damage the radiator causing the temps to rise so always be checking on long straights. Even small hits add up. If you see the temps rising or if your crewman mentions it pit for repairs as soon as possible. Also downshifting too quickly can cause engine wear. Sometimes you just don't know when you've done too much to the engine and, surprise, just like real life kablammo

Del Zotto x82x
20-05-2015, 03:12
LOL its funny you say that, one too many times on the last lap or 2 my engine has went kablammo!! That is why I ask.. I run no assist, AI 100% and yes I do have the motec display mapped but it is so damn hard to see it lol.. It 'd be cool if they just added at the top of the page while racing where you can see all the telemetry, you know, "wet" or "soft"... anything would help lol.. Me just being spoiled I guess.. I have no issues with my game as far as game breakers go and I am having a blast playing.. I do use a wheel so I guess I don't have to deal with what controller users are going thru

Lukeymonster
20-05-2015, 03:45
Glad your having a good time. It's a great game.

Adam.Freeman
20-05-2015, 07:29
Im having tyre issues myself. But in a different form.

In the garage how to we attatch different kind of tyres to the car apart from the option of slicks and wets. Theres different tyre compounds and I only seem to be able choose which compound I want at pit stops not in the garage.

Seems like something thats been missed :/

Luke Townsend
20-05-2015, 07:40
I run no assist, AI 100% and yes I do have the motec display mapped but it is so damn hard to see it lol..

I also find the Motec very hard to read, and most of the tin top car dashboards in general - I run with headlights on all the time so the Motec and instruments light up and I can read them! Wish the brightness of the cockpits were adjustable. Many people have the same issue I think.

Pink_650S
20-05-2015, 16:25
Im having tyre issues myself. But in a different form.

In the garage how to we attatch different kind of tyres to the car apart from the option of slicks and wets. Theres different tyre compounds and I only seem to be able choose which compound I want at pit stops not in the garage.

Seems like something thats been missed :/

There are some championships thst only provide one compound.
And in the championships that allow multiple compounds you should be able to switch between hards and softs in the garage.

Adam.Freeman
20-05-2015, 16:32
I'm im formula C been testing pit stops and selecting hard and theres no difference than the soft so maybe I Can only have one compound as i cant select others in the garage.

It only says RAIN tires and FORMULA c Slicks in the garage

Pink_650S
20-05-2015, 17:03
Since Formula C is an unlicensed class, maybe SMS gave them only one compound.