PDA

View Full Version : Absoloutley loving the game...but Pitstops! arghh!

Ally_bassman
20-05-2015, 09:33
First of all,

The game is brilliant. Loving every second of it apart from..... The pit stops.

I'm all for mandatory pit stops in career races, but I'm getting a little tired of loosing places/the race due to not being released until every single car in the pit lane at that time has passed me, or sometimes not at all!

I've had to restart too many races because of this and I've tried pitting later in the race to avoid 'the mass pitting' by the AI, but as I have the difficulty quite high, I don't build massive gaps in races, maybe 2-5 seconds max. So every time I pit, I get at least a few AI cars following me in.......and then exit in front. :-(

My only gripe with what is a pretty dam good game to start with.

Rant over lol!

MrStef85
20-05-2015, 10:05
Do you have damage repairs on?

Ally_bassman
20-05-2015, 10:24
Yes, but it makes no difference if I have it on or off. Plus when I pit, I generally have no damage to repair... I think.

It is similar to the issue that F1 2010 had. They just don't release you if there are any cars going down the pit lane.

I just hope they patch it soon.

KK78
20-05-2015, 10:25
How many laps you doing? If you are doing 5+ per race then always wait to pit on the penultimate lap to pit in because less cars tend to be pitting then and you don't get held up as much.

Ally_bassman
20-05-2015, 10:36
Depending on how much I like the track, normally between 5-12 laps.

I have done that and it helps, but when it's a wet start and then drys, you need to get in and get onto dry tyres....that's when the fun starts!

KK78
20-05-2015, 12:21
Yeah that's true regarding the weather, perhaps if you see a session is raining or likely to according to the forecast opt for a longer race to give you some leeway on when to come in or increase chances of catching others up.

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 13:13
How does it work in real life? Say a line of cars is coming down the lane. Wouldn't you have to yield to them?

KK78
20-05-2015, 13:39
How does it work in real life? Say a line of cars is coming down the lane. Wouldn't you have to yield to them?

Yes you would, I feel the timing is out a little in the game as sometimes you seem to wait a long time for a car to pass and I've also seen Ai drivers pull out and ghost into other cars.

bkfount
03-06-2015, 13:50
The F1 games also had trouble with holding you too long for a safe release but it got better for 2013. It hurts seeing gaps destroyed and losing positions because of this, and is why I don't like pitting currently. It destroys the top tiers in career that require a mandatory stop.

The entire process feels more streamlined in F1 as well. You can easily call for and set up a stop on the track with simple controller inputs, while I havent even figured out the best way to even assign a button in pcars for pit stops, kers, drs due to the restrictions on button assignments like the handbrake.