PDA

View Full Version : Multi screen / multi PS4 support planned for the future?

bulls23
20-05-2015, 11:21
Coming from GT6 and a triple screen setup with 3 PS3s synced over Ethernet I really miss the additional field of view of the three screens, especially because sitting in my rig the correct FOV is 44 and that's not much :(
This feature was introduced in GT6 with an update after the initial game release...can we expect that for Project Cars too?
For some it might sound stupid to buy multiple PS4s...but personally I think it's still less expensive than the kind of high end PC you would need and you don't have to worry about setting your stuff up, drivers etc.

Max Kelly
20-05-2015, 12:57
I think that this will not see on Pcars

bulls23
20-05-2015, 13:33
That would really be a shame...don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the game...but with all the hype around it I kind of thought it would close some of the gap to the computer based sims (again: multi screen, second screen...). This way it's "just" a really good looking / sounding racing game for the next gen consoles (as it has to be) but effectively without any new features (or even missing some of the already available features in other games for consoles).

bulls23
22-07-2015, 14:35
Just found some videos of a Forza 6 demo rig with triple screens and even motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gOipSaL9gs

I know it's a tech demo but Forza too had multi screen support in older versions on PS3. I just can't believe you guys give us FOV adaptation capabilities for one screen only...I also can't believe the multi screen feature isn't asked for more often for consoles.
Please SMS...tell me it's somewhere in your pipeline waiting to be released...I will immediately start saving money for additional hardware ;)

TrevorAustin
22-07-2015, 14:37
Why on earth would you get 3 PS4s instead of one PC?

bulls23
22-07-2015, 14:39
I already have one PS4 and getting two more (maybe used ones) is way less expensive than a high end PC to run PCARS on triple 1080p @ 60Hz, plus you'll never have to worry about drivers and setting up your stuff etc...nice and simple, love my GT6 on triple PS3s.

watchumacallit
22-07-2015, 18:57
Wait for project Morpheus. I think it will be better than 3 screens IMO. Me personally might build a PC rig just for the oculust rift so i can play flight sims on it and Pcars on the PS4.

Fanapryde
22-07-2015, 19:06
Wait for project Morpheus. I think it will be better than 3 screens IMO. Me personally might build a PC rig just for the oculust rift so i can play flight sims on it and Pcars on the PS4.
I can imagine that being pretty immersive.
But as far as I'm concerned I will never go that way. I need to see my wheel, my cockpit, use the button box or keyboard and have some awareness of what really is around me...

And what's more: I would never want to be in my rig for several hours with that thing on my head...

bulls23
23-07-2015, 07:23
Don't mean to be rude...but there's certainly a Morpheus thread somewhere and I didn't want to discuss it here. It's two completely different things and as far as sim-racing goes, 3 or even 5 screens gives you a bigger FOV and you have the ability of peripheral vision. In my case I have 132 with three screens and while racing other people I can clearly see where they are "in the corner of my eye". Project Morpheus has something like 100 FOV which is only 20 more than the standrad FOV setting in PCARS, so you must turn your head to the left or right to see your opponents...no peripheral view = big difference. The human FOV btw is almost 180 and that's why 5 screens make sense although lots of people think it's overkill.
So back to the question SMS:

Can we please please please get mutli screen support on PS4?

Katilla
23-07-2015, 07:39
3 PS4 3 TV 212991 rich man!!

bulls23
23-07-2015, 07:55
3 PS4
3 TV
rich man!!

Morpheus (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/features/project-morpheus/) is not good?
do not turn your neck?

I'll try to reply in a way you understand ;-) :

You my friend better reading of thread...then PS4 / screen situation clear to you...no rich man...that's why asking for multi screen support.
Nobody saying Morpheus no good...saying big difference and thread about "multi screen suppport yes / no" and not "Morpheus wack / multi screen the shizzle"

Reading it now...it kinda sounds like Mr. Miyagi :-D

Katilla
23-07-2015, 08:38

Katilla
23-07-2015, 08:45

bulls23
23-07-2015, 09:02
Sorry mate...but you simply make no sense and basically you're just spaming this thread with non relevant stuff or things belonging in their respective threads...at this point this thread is already worthless.
English isn't my native language too, but at least I try to write complete sentences...
Posting in your native language might be funny for you but also useless (and childish)...
This thread isn't about discussing you personal or your country's financial situation or about who can afford this and that. That's how life is...there are tons of things i can't afford and some things I can. Should I therefore feel bad for you and not ask about multi screen support? Remember, you too seem to have a PS4 and PCARS and some other stuff while other people in the world are starving...very tragic and sad...but at some point you can't live your own (happy) life if you always think about other peoples tragedies you really can't solve (although we all should at least try).

Again, thank you for ruining this thread

Katilla
23-07-2015, 09:32

bulls23
23-07-2015, 09:39
You really surprise me...now deleting all your posts...way to go mate :applause:
Please do all of us a favor and delete your whole forum account ;)

Katilla
23-07-2015, 10:49
my friend ....

Fanapryde
23-07-2015, 11:34
And I hoped this thread was going to be interesting and useful (since I'm interested in getting a PC and triple screen setup...)
:applause:

bulls23
23-07-2015, 11:37
And I hoped this thread was going to be interesting and useful (since I'm interested in getting a PC and triple screen setup...)
Just checking...you are aware multi screen is available on PC since day one?

TrevorAustin
23-07-2015, 11:40

Don't let that put you off, PC and triple screen is pretty awesome, Rift is better though:) Unless you have a problem with VR I really wouldn't spend money on triple screen right now, a PC and CV1 will be cheaper and much better than triple screen.

The concept of 3*PS4 sounds pretty cool, but find it hard to believe it's less expensive than a PC, but can't blame anybody for wanting to do it. I think it would be a surprise if SMS did it, it looks more difficult than PC triple screen and that isn't fully implemented yet, but no reason not to ask.

Fanapryde
23-07-2015, 11:42
Just checking...you are aware multi screen is available on PC since day one?

Unless I missed something, ProjectCARS still has to implement full triple screen support. There is too much stretching on the side monitors (at least that is what people are telling me and what I can see in video's).

Fanapryde
23-07-2015, 11:46
Don't let that put you off, PC and triple screen is pretty awesome, Rift is better though:) Unless you have a problem with VR I really wouldn't spend money on triple screen right now, a PC and CV1 will be cheaper and much better than triple screen.

The concept of 3*PS4 sounds pretty cool, but find it hard to believe it's less expensive than a PC, but can't blame anybody for wanting to do it. I think it would be a surprise if SMS did it, it looks more difficult than PC triple screen and that isn't fully implemented yet, but no reason not to ask.
Ah yes, thanks, but I am not a fan of driving with such a device on my head. I do believe immersion would be great, but I like some awareness of what is around me, like to see my cockpit, wheel, shifter, keyboard/button box, drinks, snacks.
I don't even like racing with my headset, though it sounds even better...

flatspunout
23-07-2015, 14:43
For the record, I'd love to see triple screen support on PS4 as well. Admittedly I know nothing about high end gaming PCs and components, but I was under the impression that a brand name video card alone capable of running triples at 1080 would cost as much as a couple of used PS4s.

bulls23
23-07-2015, 15:42
For the record, I'd love to see triple screen support on PS4 as well. Admittedly I know nothing about high end gaming PCs and components, but I was under the impression that a brand name video card alone capable of running triples at 1080 would cost as much as a couple of used PS4s.
That's my impression too...I tried configuring a PC for sim racing in general that would last for some years, trying to combine hardware so the recent games would work at triple 1080p @60Hz and ended up at almost 2000€ and I was selecting reasonable priced parts, not the cheapest but definitely not the high end stuff. The 2000€ didn't include sound system or displays either and for around 1000€ I can get myself 3 PS4 consoles.

TrevorAustin
23-07-2015, 15:50
Ah yes, thanks, but I am not a fan of driving with such a device on my head. I do believe immersion would be great, but I like some awareness of what is around me, like to see my cockpit, wheel, shifter, keyboard/button box, drinks, snacks.
I don't even like racing with my headset, though it sounds even better...

Nor was I, however can I suggest you try it before ruling it out? It feels like wearing a helmet and within minutes you forget you are wearing it, reaching out to touch things or rest your arm on thigns that aren't there and your brain will convince you that your hands are holding the wheel you can see in front of you. The feeling that the virtual environment is your real one while you are 'under' is genuinely quite a shock.

That's my impression too...I tried configuring a PC for sim racing in general that would last for some years, trying to combine hardware so the recent games would work at triple 1080p @60Hz and ended up at almost 2000€ and I was selecting reasonable priced parts, not the cheapest but definitely not the high end stuff. The 2000€ didn't include sound system or displays either and for around 1000€ I can get myself 3 PS4 consoles.

I think that you miss the point here though.

To get a decent PC now, which will way out perform any console does cost a fair bit more, but to talk of having to upgrade it isn't true. A 2015 PC will probably have double the PS4 performance in 2015, but it will still have exactly the same lead in 2018 or whenever you need to buy the new console? The PC performance doesn't drop off, just there are more powerful upgrades if you want them. The hard thing is to resist them. Surely if after 2 years you could buy a new board for 300 to double your PS4 performance you would be tempted? That wouldn't mean your original PS4 was working any worse.

They used to do this with the Amiga daughterboards, 68020 - 68040 CPU upgrades, and I loved it :)