PDA

View Full Version : Qualification in the rain is soul destroying

wraithsrike
20-05-2015, 11:50
Ok slight over dramatic but even so, there putting down faster lap times in the wet then they were in the dry, you just can't stay with them.

My lap time drop by about 3 ish seconds there's improve by 1/2 seconds.

No matter how hard I try I just can not compete with the AI in the wet, I'm seriously thinking about hanging up the game until this is addressed, not a dig or a hate comment but it's just ridiculous at the moment and so frustrating.

Thr AI don't pit whereas I have to that costs me time then they go on to drive as fast as in the dry if not faster and I'm losing traction all over the place which it to be expected as it's raining but no them.

Oh rant over I'm going for a cuppa, love this game but can't play it like this.

Hengist
20-05-2015, 12:31
I agree, I've given up on the career until the AI/rain issue is fixed. You summed it up nicely there; 'Love the game but can't play it like this.'

AngelBrow
20-05-2015, 13:10
Yea. Im pretty much the same. Given up on career. Til they fix the rain issue.
I did the historic le mans championship with the Mercedes C9. Qualifing was wet, the pole time was 5 sec quicker than me. In the race in dry i was matching them. Only to findout they were on wet tyres and me on slicks. 3 laps later it rains. How are there tyres surviving? I ended up in the bottom half of the pack. The day I see F1 and lmp1 cars pull the same times on wet tyres in dry as slicks im gonna be the President of the world.

X Gabe 62 X
20-05-2015, 13:13
You can stick with wet tyres.

They are just as fast as dry and tire wear is non existent.... Not ideal, but wilk keep you going.

Oi Oi JC
20-05-2015, 13:21
What difficulty % have you set the ai to?, mine is set at 60 & I out qualified them all in the rain at Imola in the classic bmw turbo, maybe try a lower ai difficulty setting?

wraithsrike
20-05-2015, 13:23
It's so gutting, I so like this game but I honestly can not see how issues like these were missed?

Ok I now there proberly be patched at some point but that's likely to be months away.

I guess untill it's sorted I'll just go back to what I was playing, such a shame it's the way it is, these issues really should of been picked up on before release.

wraithsrike
20-05-2015, 13:30
What difficulty % have you set the ai to?, mine is set at 60 & I out qualified them all in the rain at Imola in the classic bmw turbo, maybe try a lower ai difficulty setting?

The point is the AI are faster in the rain than they are in the dry I can't set my difficulty mid race when it starts to rain.

And if I'm being honest I'm getting sick of work arounds, I just want to put the game in and play.

By time I get home from work I don't get much time to race and by the time I've messed about with setting this that and the other my my time is over, seriously I just want to put it in sit down and race.

As much as it pains me to say it, it's easier to just stick forza in and play.

dyr_gl
20-05-2015, 13:34

They are just as fast as dry and tire wear is non existent.... Not ideal, but wilk keep you going.

Whaaaaat??! Is this true? If it is, this is even worse than AI problem as it affects BOTH SP and MP.

KK78
20-05-2015, 13:52

I'm not sure that is entirely correct, when I tried that in the F1 Lotus (because in a 3 lap race it rained at the end of the 2nd, no Ai pitted so I was left to try and negotiate the 3rd lap like a drunk polar bear on a tea tray, on a frozen lake) it was still tough to handle and not competitive, not as bad as slicks in the wet but wets in the dry was worse than cold tires for me.

wraithsrike
20-05-2015, 13:54
Even wets in the wet aren't as competitive as AI on slicks in the wet.

Toxic
20-05-2015, 13:55

This is fine - but in a dry race AI would be 5 - 8 seconds off the pace.

JB5
20-05-2015, 13:57
I play on 100% and had no issues with AI on wets, they are a couple of seconds slower, as am I. Maybe I've just been lucky, not done any GT in career mode, only formula cars so far.

Toxic
20-05-2015, 13:58
What car(s) was that using JB5 - will try myself.

Niveous21
20-05-2015, 20:14
Can confirm what other posters are saying about wet tires on dry track, at least in the formula rookie. Last night I was in a race where the rain stopped with 5-6 laps left. I was going to pit but noticed I wasn't losing grip as the track dried. AI behind me also did not pit so I stayed out. I finished the race with the used wets on a dry track and was putting in similar times to slicks, for 4+ laps at least.

Haiden
20-05-2015, 21:38
I can confirm the AI running too fast in the rain--really disappointing bug in career mode. Now, if it's raining, I exit back to the calendar entry and dial down the AI difficulty. It's the only way I can remain even somewhat competitive in the rain, and by somewhat, I mean just midfield. If the weather clears, and the track dries, I can usually work my way back toward the podium.

My wets are terrible on a dry track, though. Sure, I can get get around the track without sliding, but only if I hold back on the throttle. With wets, I can't run nearly as fast as I do with slicks.

NineEreven
21-05-2015, 13:56
Maybe a quicker solution would be to have the option to turn off certain weather types for career. I wouldnt mind being able to disable rain until the issue is sorted out. It i really neat to race in the rain and really shakes things up but at this point I would prefer it off now over waiting longer for them to work out the AI bugs.

wraithsrike
21-05-2015, 14:26
I had a sticky bun, went back lowered my difficulty and kicked some AI butt, then turned my difficulty back up again ready for the next race, placed bun wrapping in bin felt pretty epic with myself.

ajd440ex
27-05-2015, 15:34
I agree with NineEreven. It would be nice to disable rain in career mode. I have had rain in 80% of my career races. During a 4 lap invitational race it can turn from light clouds to full rain by lap 2. I love the effects but the rain has been over kill and the AI is not even slowed by it.

TrevorAustin
27-05-2015, 15:48

You get better grip with wet's than dry:) I'm sure they are working on it.

g33k hack3rs
27-05-2015, 15:54
Definitely agree that AI is much better in the rain relative to dry performance. I've been racing mainly in GT5 and GT4. I've had a few wet races and wet qualifying and can say without a doubt that the AI is usually running the same lap times in wet and dry. Starting a wet race seems to be ok since the wet tires tend to drive like slicks once the track dries out. I had to bump the AI down to 70% to qualify within a few tenths of the leading drivers and then on 80% in the dry I'm 3 to 4 seconds a lap quicker than the AI drivers. It's just a nuisance that we have to mess with the difficulty to have a good balance. In the slower class (GT5) I've been able to race with the AI at 80% in the wet and remain competitive and even win occasionally. In GT4 it seems I'm less competitive and usually way off the pace unless I change the settings.

It's a known issue but still frustrating when this happens during the race and there's nothing you can do about it.

Doug914
27-05-2015, 16:40
You get better grip with wet's than dry:) I'm sure they are working on it.

The grip is correct. They have more stickness that a slick, but need the water to keep them cool enough. Its the heat thats needs worked on. They should not be good for more that one or two laps, depending on track length, before they overheat and chunk off.