PDA

View Full Version : Over-worn Tires Explode/Deflate?

Daveesaunders
20-05-2015, 11:52
Do the tires exploded/deflate if they are over-worn? Only reason i ask is I decided to try out the RUF CTR3 SMS-R which ended up with me going round in circles due to my inability to control the throttle adequately on a controller, as I was using the view from behind the car (Usually use helmet cam but my 2 year old wanted to see the car) my 2 year old was loving the clouds of smoke, expecting the tires to let go I was surprised to see the engine blown message. This could be as I was bouncing it off the limiter in 1st but I'd still expect the tires to go first?

Marrrfooo
20-05-2015, 12:08
Do the tires exploded/deflate if they are over-worn? Only reason i ask is I decided to try out the RUF CTR3 SMS-R which ended up with me going round in circles due to my inability to control the throttle adequately on a controller, as I was using the view from behind the car (Usually use helmet cam but my 2 year old wanted to see the car) my 2 year old was loving the clouds of smoke, expecting the tires to let go I was surprised to see the engine blown message. This could be as I was bouncing it off the limiter in 1st but I'd still expect the tires to go first?

I think the tyres do completely destroy but I am not sure if there is a proper animation for this yet - I believe it's coming. I think (at present) what happens if a tyre goes is the tyre is still visible but it sparks... In the case you describe the RUFs I believe are a little susceptible to engine overheats. In fact a friend of mine was playing around with the same one and after damaging the car somewhat blipped the throttle in first gear to spin the car around and the engine gave out. They are more likely to give out before the tyres completely disintegrate it seems. They are certainly a little more prone to engine overheats and don't take a great deal of prolonged abuse (and even minor contact can cause damage to the radiator and reduce the effective cooling of the cars fluids - thus shortening the engine's life). :)

MaXKiLLz
20-05-2015, 15:41
I drove rain tires on a dry Spa track, lap after lap, with red hot tire indicators in the bottom right and they never blew. They actually seemed to handle better as the race progressed.

Mahjik
20-05-2015, 15:51
Tires will blow, but you won't see graphically that they have shredded. You will just see they appear to be "low" but it will only be visible in live view as the data for tire deformation is not in the replay data.